Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Splash To Open Today

I think what Aerin is saying is that even though everyone thought it was going to open yesterday... It wasn't for sure and so that is why even on the outisde it says that it is still closed and there wasn't alot of planning put into it opening early... Knowing that there wasn't alot of planning put into it openning early thats why Aerin thought that it wouldn't open early...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Splash Mountain most certainly does have water cannons - that isn't a splash from the log you see shooting out from around the drop when a log goes down.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    There aren't any water cannons...you're probably confusing Splash Mountain with a water ride at Six Flags in Valencia...BLECH.

I'm guessing you haven't been on Splash Mountain in a while?
    there used to be a big one coming out of a pipe that isn't there anymore, but WDW still has theirs. There are however a couple of smaller ones that come from the left and right of the part right as your log goes under the "ground" but they aren't really there to get you wet, just misted a bit

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Whatever. Assembling a crew from scratch is hellish (the poor Critter scheduler looked like death warmed over last night) and tends to leave every location short-staffed. Every single piece of information available to us, including the frigging dailies for today, shows Splash as reopening the 19th. Forgive me for trusting information directly from management over an unsubstantiated internet rumor.
    As I stated in my original post, Splash was still OFFICIALLY scheduled to open 5/19, however, I had further information, from a solid source, which seems fairly well substantiated at this point.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Splash Mountain most certainly does have water cannons - that isn't a splash from the log you see shooting out from around the drop when a log goes down.
    Oh, the pipes...yeah I know those are there, but calling them water cannons seems like a far-fetched term to use for them...I think of those water bomb things at Six Flags...I don't remember what the ride is called.

• Launch sequence engaged

I don't remember seeing it posted at all, but the on-ride photo before you reach the unload zone was working when I rode it last night. To put the improvement of audio in perspective, I had no idea they were enhancing it, and I noticed the audio was louder and clearer.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123