Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 5/11: Pirates 3 premiere set-up, new Dans, refurbs, more Subs, +MORE

Went to Disneyland again today just to relax for a couple hours. I didn't expect to be doing another update so soon, but boy, what a difference one night can make at the Magic Kingdom! Let's get to it!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    The refurb sign doesn't list Splash anymore, but these signs aren't always correct...

A look at the wait board around 10:30 a.m.:

THE NEW DAPPER DANS
    Disneyland recently re-cast the Dapper Dans. Here are the new guys doin' their thing on Main Street.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBB5xwxByY[/YOUTUBE]

PIRATES INVADE THE WESTSIDE
    Directional signs inform guests of access routes for different lands and attractions.

To access Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country, you MUST use the Adventureland walkway. Access to Pirates of the Caribbean is unavailable via Adventureland, unless you're in a wheelchair.

To access Frontierland and Pirates of the Caribbean, you have to enter via Frontierland. You CANNOT access any other part of New Orleans Square, Adventureland, or Critter Country via Frontierland anymore. If you are a guest in a wheelchair, and you wish to go to Pirates of the Caribbean, you must enter through Adventureland, and access the handicap queue by going over the foot bridge in New Orleans Square.

Signage at the entrance to Adventureland.

At the gateway to Frontierland.

In Frontierland, going towards Pirates of the Caribbean.

In New Orleans Square, near the fountain courtyard between French Market and the Haunted Mansion.

Stroller parking for Pirates of the Caribbean has completely taken over the Royal Street Verdana's patio. Because of this, the Verdana is closed. So if you want gumbo or chowder, you're going to have to see if the French Market has it, or you're out of luck.

The Columbia/Mark Twain dock is closed, and the Columbia is no longer running.

A river barge at the Columbia dock...

The Columbia is parked on the side of the Island, near Smuggler's Cove:

A bridge runs across the river...

A look at the bleachers:

Workers in diving gear were putting together something in the Rivers of America.
    Yuck. They couldn't pay me enough to do that job!

The stage for the Pirates Have Landed! show that took place in front of Cafe Orleans is completely gone now. There's not even a trace of it left.

REFURBLAND CONTINUED
    The Disneyland Railroad is down...

Monorail awnings are getting re-painted over where the smoking area is by the Matterhorn.

The Mine Train tunnel area is still getting the last bit of water drained from it

This is where the old Mine Car was last night. It's gone now..

This is all that's left:

Splash was rumored to open today, but it still wasn't ready to go when I was there..

PIRATE'S LAIR WORK RACES ON...
    With the premiere screen going up soon, workers were swarming the front of the Island this morning (not to mention the rest of it as well) getting as much work as they could for Pirate's Lair.

STILL TESTING NEMO
    Testing and final work on the Submarine Voyage continues...

MATTERHORN MICKEY
    ...And finally... some pics of Mickey showing off as he climbed the Matterhorn... (he was REALLY hamming it up! )

...Alright. That's it for today..

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Premium Youngling and

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/11: Pirates 3 premiere set-up, new Dans, refurbs, more Subs, +MORE

Wow! Thanks for the new update! That is so exciting to see all of that stuff going on so quickly! Disney Magic is amazing

• Popular Princess

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/11: Pirates 3 premiere set-up, new Dans, refurbs, more Subs, +MORE

awesome pics as always! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Neep meep beep

WOW, great update! That first pic of the sub is five stars ... and the mickey mouse matterhorn pics are priceless - thank you!

• Shubisha

Hmm the purple dapper dan is one that's been here for a little while since the last recast, but the red one looks remarkably like one of the older fellow from the previous dapper dans that everybody was sad to see go...

Oh Yeah the Dapper Dans...you just made my husbands day. The subs are coming! The subs are coming! We are sooo excited! Great pics as usual MasterG.

• To infinity & beyond!!

Great pics! I love the Mickey Matterhorn ones!

• Banned User

The one in red was an old Dapper Dan, wasn't he?? I miss the guys who were there before the last crew replaced them. SOOOO sad. They were great.

Awesome photos! Thanks!

• Adventurer

Well, when I got to the park around 5, the NOS area was being cleared of all the strollers so things were doing a bit better that direction. The divers were setting up platforms for more seating, btw.
    Also Splash was running about that time, with people, not water dummies.
    The One, the Only, the Original:
    Dr. Indiana Jones

i loved the mickey matterhorn pics. very cute!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That trip report had a lot of energy. Loved the photos, as always. Mickey sure must not be afraid of heights

I am positive that red Dapper Dan is from the old group. He is really nice. Good to see him.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Thanks for the update. We get to the parks a couple of times a month, but it's great to see what's going on in between visits.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

UPDATE!

I love living so close to the Resort. After coming home to do homework and beat the heat in the park, we went back later this evening and were happy to see Splash Mountain up and running. The show is essentially unchanged, but everything looks nice and fresh. Here are a couple photos and videos from Splash this evening...

Splash is splashing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQyhuGscLr0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrpLkZaYfNo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEatdLAVxuY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqsxm5uIuII[/youtube]

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• ap holder

thanks for that! im sure splash will be open by tomorrow. & thanks for the cute video as well :]

• ap holder

Talking Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/11: Pirates 3 premiere set-up, new Dans, refurbs, more Subs, +MORE

THANK YOU!!!!! :]

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    UPDATE!

I love living so close to the Resort. After coming home to do homework and beat the heat in the park, we went back later this evening and were happy to see Splash Mountain up and running. The show is essentially unchanged, but everything looks nice and fresh. Here are a couple photos and videos from Splash this evening...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast