Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Adventurer

Splash is running!

So I was in town this week and swung by the park a couple of times before I had to leave back to Colorado. Anyway, I was in the park for a few hours this afternoon (5:00pm - 7:00-ish) and I noticed while getting off HM that Splash was running, and that there were people in the logs. So it looks (at least this evening) that they were able to hit their desired launch date.

Anyone get a chance to ride it? I didn't because I was pressed for time...just squeezing in a quick trip to the Park for the evening...
    The One, the Only, the Original:
    Dr. Indiana Jones

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Splash is running!

Haven't had a chance to ride, but this is excellent news!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'm excited.
    Plan to be in Disneyland end of June, unless I win a spot for Nemo.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Thumbs up Re: Splash is running!

Longtime lurker... first time poster. My wife and I have been at DLR since Wednesday. They opened Splash this afternoon and the lines were pretty long until about 8pm. We gave it a whirl once the lines thinned out and all I can say is... prepare to get wet! While I've been on the ride many times, I don't know it intimately so I can't explain exactly what has changed besides the new boats. But I can say it soaks you much more than it used to. There is a spot inside the dark portion where it seems like they added an extra bump that waters you down quite a bit. Also, the splash at the end seems much bigger than it used to be. Being in the front of the boat we got the worst of it, but our entire boat was drenched. I would say there are about three different spots along the ride that now soak you down. After the ride, we shivered our way back to our hotel in search of hot coffee. Enjoy the ride!

Edit: The boats haven't changed, my memory has just failed me in my old age. =P
    Last edited by DKCobra; 05-11-2007 at 09:29 PM.

• Videogame nerd

Boats aren't new - they are the same exact boats from before.
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DKCobra View Post
    Longtime lurker... first time poster. My wife and I have been at DLR since Wednesday. They opened Splash this afternoon and the lines were pretty long until about 8pm. We gave it a whirl once the lines thinned out and all I can say is... prepare to get wet! While I've been on the ride many times, I don't know it intimately so I can't explain exactly what has changed besides the new boats. But I can say it soaks you much more than it used to. There is a spot inside the dark portion where it seems like they added an extra bump that waters you down quite a bit. Also, the splash at the end seems much bigger than it used to be. Being in the front of the boat we got the worst of it, but our entire boat was drenched. I would say there are about three different spots along the ride that now soak you down. After the ride, we shivered our way back to our hotel in search of hot coffee. Enjoy the ride!

Really?
    The orig. opening date (17 July 1989) of the ride was delayed because people did get too wet. Looks like what worried Disney in the 80's doesn't worry them now. Maybe Splash is giving Grizzly a run for its money (it use to be only G.R. soaked the crap out of ya).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

They seem to have changed then. The boat we were in had six single seats instead of three long seats where pairs of two would sit in which is how I remember the ride. Perhaps they just added extra seats? Or maybe I am remembering the old boats wrong? (shrug) Again I am not a Splash expert as it has been a few years since I was last on the ride.

• Adventurer

Nope, no new boats or hills...but if it has been a while since you've ridden then the splash down area is longer than it used to be.
    The One, the Only, the Original:
    Dr. Indiana Jones

• Premium Youngling and

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Missed it by THAT much!

This morning, the dummies were the only ones allowed on.

• Banned User

YAy! my one of my favorite rides are open again ! the last two times (spring break and two weeks ago) i went it wasnt open that is so cool!

• Banned User

i did not know that only dummies are allowed on ... Dangit (jk)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Rode Splash this evening.

It is still listed as closed on the entrance signs, and on the wait board. And the FP machines are turned off.

But the Stand By line was only about a 15 minute wait.

It seems like they are only running about 2/3'rds of the logs. Slow loading and no backup when you get to the unload area.

The ride is pretty much the same, no major changes except for Enhanced sound using new speakers. (And a big thumbs up for the improved sound).

You should find the ride open unless it breaks down for the rest of the week before it officially reopens.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

anyone takeing a video of it?

The thing that I think is cool is that they've repaired the picture preview thingy, which hasn't worked in many years.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast