Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would the park close the subs if capacity gets reduced enough

I was just wondering if a certain number or more subs are out of service for the day if the park would close the ride all together? 1 sub out of service would really put a dent on capacity but what if 2 or more are out of service at one time? Would they still operate with like only 4 subs or less making the wait time 10+ hours or would they consider closing it down all together so no one would have to wait that long. Lets hope all 8 subs can stay up and running at all times but what do all of you think would happen if a certain number of subs can only be run at one time. Hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by dcaguy; 05-12-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Re: Would the park close the subs if capacity gets reduced enough

Anybody else with thoughts on this?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If only one sub went out of service, the wait time would most certainly not be 10+ hours.

Of course they wouldn't shut them down...capacity rates have nothing to do with whether or not an attraction will be running. That would only make guests more angry if anything. If a guest doesn't want to wait in a long line, no one is forcing them to...they just won't go on the ride. That's their choice.

• Kenny the Pirate

Just means the line will form in Critter Country instead.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

It won't be a 10+ hour wait with 1 sub out of service but if only 4 or less in operation it might on a capacity day. I am sure the wait is going to be between 4 to 5 hours with all 8 subs in operation. I am guessing it would be correct to add an additional hour to that wait with each sub not in operation for the day. Can you imagine only one sub in operation on a 60K day? We would be talking about 160 an hour? MAYBE? LOL.

All rides have a certain point where they will go down if they lose X number of subs/rockets/bobsled or what have you. Not sure of how many subs have to be out of commission to put Nemo down, but there is definitely a certain number that must be in operation for the ride to still be viewed as operable. They would never have the ride up and running only two subs, let alone one. Otherwise, they would go down temporarily, fix the issues and open up again.

• Banned User

I hope disney doesnt close this classic attraction again.

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    All rides have a certain point where they will go down if they lose X number of subs/rockets/bobsled or what have you. Not sure of how many subs have to be out of commission to put Nemo down, but there is definitely a certain number that must be in operation for the ride to still be viewed as operable. They would never have the ride up and running only two subs, let alone one. Otherwise, they would go down temporarily, fix the issues and open up again.
    Thats what I thought. I would assume less than 4 (maybe 5) would cause the ride to close. You just can't have a super long out of control line because you just can't run enough subs even if people do chose to wait it out. Maybe a subs cast member can give us that answer if they visit this post.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I hope disney doesnt close this classic attraction again.
    Where is this coming from? This is about routine shutdowns.

• Minion

I think someone needs to propose a rational scenario where there would be an endemic failure of a large number of subs that wouldn't indicate a systemic problem with the ride.

Assuming that there is ongoing maintenance then such a failure mode would suggests improper maintenance and/or an early failure of some parts either due to design or manufacture deficiencies. I would think they would want to determine the cause in such cases rather than continue operations of the others and risk additional failures with worse consequences.

Even if they chose to continue operations with reduced number of subs and thus hourly capacity, they would just post the wait times accordingly and people would make their own decisions. The crunch issue would come with respect to park closing since all people in line already at that time are supposed to be able to ride. That will be a difficult issue even with all subs running with the expected long lines after the reopening.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I remember in the past disneyland runs 7 sub on the line and the 8 sub is the spare.
    so one go down, disney still run 7 subs.

same with monorail disneyland like to have a spare. but now wait on the mark VII line.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• I love my family!

The park would have already closed any attraction if there was a problem that cut down that many vehicles at once, kind of like the Rocket Rods fiasco. So I don't think you have to worry to much about it.

I it would take some kind of major issue for more then 1 or 2 subs to be down at a time anyway.
    Last edited by 3rdshiftCM; 05-12-2007 at 09:16 PM.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Just look at almost every ride, they have backups on standby if they have problems with one or two of the trains.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Really? We have backup Monorails? Hmm...I better hunt down my trainer, I had no idea there were backup Monorails! lol Mono only has the two trains. If one goes out, we keep running the other...if the other goes downs, we go down as well.

It is possible for individual subs to go down and I'm sure it will happen. If there is a mechanical failure on a sub (ride alarms, phantom e-stops or any number of things) it could be something that does not affect the rest of the subs, causing one sub to go down. It isn't likely that more than 2, let alone 3 would go down at a time, but stranger things have happened...trust me. ;o)

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Hopefully by the time I get there (late-April '08) the novelty will have worn off a little bit, allowing for a cruisy cruise through cruisedom.

Really, I'm largely going back to DLR for the Subs, as I could just as easily go to WDW alone on the trip. I would happily wait for them (over a multi-day trip), as I am happy to potter about on the other rides.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast