• is too darn hot.

Trip Report 5/11/07 With Pics and Video

Well I decided to head over to our favorite place on Friday to meet my girlfriend after she got off work there. I got into the Mickey and Friends structure about 8:45 AM and got into the park about 9:15. After a lovely breakfast at the Carnation Café I decided to go off into the park. Apologies for the general crappy quality of pics and video. I for some reason decided to forget my camera in my car and had to use my cell phone. And then I was further stupid and forgot to grab my camera *again* when I went back to put away some purchases.

Splash Mountain was running tests during the morning and opened around 3 PM. Yes I rode it. No I don't have pics. My battery died.

A log on Splash Mountain.

Construction for the Pirates of the Caribbean Premier. Complete with insane traffic patterns throughout Adventureland, Frontierland and NoS:

Following fighting my way through the traffic and riding Haunted Mansion and Indian Jones I decided on lunch at the Café Orleans:

Mmm, Gumbo! Then, while waiting for my entrée I decided to start imagineering the next DCA E Ticket:

...or something.

That's what I came for. Mmmmm!

I couldn't possibly eat another bite!

Or maybe I could.

Construction continues on Tom Sawyer Gets Eaten By Piratesland

The trumpet player either just threw beads at someone or is going bowling in the fountain.

He's better at playing trumpet. I'd like to play trombone in this band someday.

This is probably one of my favorite signs at Disneyland.

There will be more pics coming soon. The park was not that crowded and I did most of the major stuff. Coming in the next update: Space Mountain rocks more that it's not rockin'.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Trip Report 5/11/07 With Pics and Video

Thanks for the pics!

• Neep meep beep

Nice job so far~! Is "I'd like to play trumbone in his band" a euphemism for something?

wheres the video?

• My Favorite Anna

I have a question what was that black stuff next to the olives?

MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

• ap holder

i really like the gumbo at cafe orleans. mmmm monte cristo. made me sad i didnt get to go this evening.

• ap holder

i think its grapes and the "black stuff" is rhubarb. it just looks really dark in the picutre for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post

• California Golden Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Are you refering to the pictures of the monte cristo? because those aren't olives, they're grapes and the "black stuff" is the wonderful berry dipping sauce, which isn't actually black. Anyways, I can't tell if you ment that as a joke or not, but if you seriously don't know what that is, which means you've never had a monte cristo, you need to do yourself a favor and get one.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by dcaguy View Post
    wheres the video?
    Whoops. Forgot the video. Here it is now. The Jambalaya Jazz Band playing "The Washington and Lee." Solos on out through the head.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfkAufmuMI[/youtube]And more pictures:

The only reason I noticed the Big Thunder ponds were empty was the fact that they smelled worse than normal. The only thing that smells worse than Disneyland water is the absense of Disneyland water.

Remain seated please. Permanecer sentados por favor.

If it's such a secret, why do they keep telling us about it?

Soon to be the last speedramps in all of Disneyland?

Space Mountain rocks more when it's not "Rockin'." Here's the proof:

Yes, that's me in the back. Yes I'm a dork. Yes it's sad that I'm there by myself. Moving along...

Poor Monorail Purple seems to have got into a fenderbender.

Then the obligatory sub shots:

Bubbles from the nosecone of Monorail Purple.

Mine! Mine! Mine! They were testing these guys after dark I wish I had got some video of them.

Bubbles visible from the exit ramp of the monorail platform in Tomorrowland as well as a small video of them running:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq6tz99c15w[/youtube]Again, apologies about the quality. I'm not a photographer and I forgot my camera. *facepalm*

Ah, Monsanto House of the Future we hardly knew ye. I wish I had been alive to see this.

This is one of the neatest Hidden Mickeys I've seen in a long time. That being said I can't believe I went into Innoventions. I must've been really bored. I feel sullied and unclean. Moving on...

The riverboat Mark Twain: Hermetically sealed for your safety and protection.

I somehow failed to notice this at the entrance and all my tricks for getting around the weird traffic patterns were destroyed. Anyone know why the Railroad wasn't running? Something to do with the premier?

*sigh* Someday. I actually saw someone going in here. I felt like begging them to let me come with them. I won't eat much. I'll only order one drink! Hell, I'll drink water and not eat anything! Please?

This is the best picture I got of the Captain Jack Sparrow face character. The guy would not slow down...

I saw this very interesting duck in a planter off Main Street, U.S.A. Anyone know what kind it is?

Finally the only picture I got after dark. Thank goodness that Space Mountain is not rockin' anymore.

So there you go. I'm no longer a Trip Report virgin. Hope I did okay.

Final Ride Count:

Space Mountain: 3 times.
    Big Thunder Mountain: 1 time.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: 2 times.
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye: 1 time.
    Haunted Mansion: 1 time.
    Matterhorn Bobsleds: 1 time each side..
    Innoventions: Once, and why oh why did I do that?
    Splash Mountain: 1 time and boy did I get soaked. It was after dark, too. My girlfriend wanted to go. What can I say?
    Disneyland Monorail: 2 round trips.
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience: 1 time.

I could have done more, but I was having a leisurely day and I just wanted to enjoy myself. The park wasn't too crowded and getting home was no hassle at all. All in all a good trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. You know the one. The place Where Dreams Come True.

Boy do I hate that slogan...

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Nice job so far~! Is "I'd like to play trumbone in his band" a euphemism for something?
    It says "in this band" and no, it's not a euphamism. I would love to play trombone at Disneyland someday. They never have musician auditions, though.

• Defying gravity

Congrats on your first TR! Thanks for sharing!!!

That duck is a Wood Duck, I'm surprised one went to DL... they're usually really, really shy.

Nice report.