View Poll Results: Which POTC Changes do you dis-like more?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Politically Correct Changes

103 80.47%
  • The inclusion of the POTC movie characters

25 19.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Which was worse - the Politically Correct POTC Updates or the Movie Updates?

Many people harp on the updates to POTC in the last year in terms of adding Sparrow and reworking of the story of the attraction. Yet, the previous 'changes' which altered the story (for no real gain IMO) are long forgotten it seems.

So which was worse? The PC Changes to DL's POTC or the Movie Updates?

Personally I think the movie changes added some good elements - like the mist screens and the visualization of Davey Jones is ok. I do hate the changing of the story.. but at least they are for some gain.

The politically correct changes to the attraction were all negatives so my vote is that the movie refresh is in fact an upgrade.

What's your thoughts?

For WDW.. I miss the talking skull

Re: Which was worse - the Politically Correct POTC Updates or the Movie Updates?

Ooooo, that's a tough one. The politically correct change was absolutely silly....HELLO, Pirates!!! But I am one of those that don't like the "enhanced" POTC. I think I would have to say the one I hate the most is the movie update; I just about cried the first time I went on the "enhanced" version.

Re: Which was worse - the Politically Correct POTC Updates or the Movie Updates?

The politically correct ones by far.

what year did they "politically correct" it?
    pshhh i guess

• Closed Account

Could someone quickly put me up to speed as exactly what was changed?

I was a young'un when this happened I think, and I was afraid to go on POTC until I was 13 or something like that. Too dark

• just the beernecessities

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Could someone quickly put me up to speed as exactly what was changed?

I was a young'un when this happened I think, and I was afraid to go on POTC until I was 13 or something like that. Too dark

Basically they changed the scenes in the town where the pirates are being chased by women because they have food or whatever...usta be the pirates were chasing the women, because, well....thats part of what pirates do. The whole scene is kinda lame in my opinion, kinda fun housey. I wish they would update the whole ride, because the films are making the ride look kinda corny IMHO.
    Hello everyone!

and in a addition: they use to have a woman in the barral where the 2nd captain jack is today. but they removed her because people figured she was hiding to avoid getting raped.
    pshhh i guess

The politically correct updates were by far the worst! They took woman-lusting pirates and made them into sweeties who missed their granny's cookies. I loved POTC growing up and I could barely stand to ride it after they did that. The movie updates are so much better than the PC ones and the Davy Jones effect is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    and in a addition: they use to have a woman in the barral where the 2nd captain jack is today. but they removed her because people figured she was hiding to avoid getting raped.
    The guy sitting by the barrel also used to have a slip (petticoat) he was holding up in his hand.

The politically correct happened in 1997.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Definitely the politically correct version.... PIRATES ARE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!

is there a vid are pic around of this.
    pshhh i guess

is there a vid are pic around of this.
    Are you asking about the slip? If so, there is a picture of it on page 100 of the book "Pirates of the Caribbean From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies", written by Jason Surrell.

Do you own a copy of the DVD Curse of the Black Pearl? On the second disk they have the ride. It is there too.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Definitely the politically correct version.... PIRATES ARE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!
    My thoughts exactly.. they were not the peace corps

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    Are you asking about the slip? If so, there is a picture of it on page 100 of the book "Pirates of the Caribbean From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies", written by Jason Surrell.

Do you own a copy of the DVD Curse of the Black Pearl? On the second disk they have the ride. It is there too.
    o ok thanks
    pshhh i guess

o ok thanks
    No problem :o) I also remember the slip from when I was a little girl.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 05-13-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast