Thread: DCA lagoon show

DCA lagoon show

Ok, now i really think a great contribution to DCA would be a nighttime spectacular in the lagoon. y hasn't that been looked at closely. Every disney park has one. why doesn't DCA. i know it's been done before with Luminaria and i dont even understand y they took it out. i thought it was a great show. imput please
    pshhh i guess

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: DCA lagoon show

One thing is the firework smoke!

the show to much low firework and made a a lot of smoke for the near house and resort.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    Ok, now i really think a great contribution to DCA would be a nighttime spectacular in the lagoon. y hasn't that been looked at closely. Every disney park has one. why doesn't DCA. i know it's been done before with Luminaria and i dont even understand y they took it out. i thought it was a great show. imput please
    They are adding a lagoon show sometime in 2009 titled the Wonderful World of Color. Expect something along the lines of Fantasmic, with more focus on the fountains and less on the pyro. And not every Disney park has a nighttime spectacular. Disney's Animal Kingdom does not have one, nor does Walt Disney Studios Paris.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

yes but AK is already a good enough park to were they dont need one. WDS need a nighttime spectacular too.
    pshhh i guess

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Well, the smoke wouldn't be a problem if Disney used smokeless fireworks. The fountain system is to be installed by Waltzing Waters inc which is the comnpany that installled fantasy waters at DLH. Disney will do all of the lighting. Golden Zephyer is to be removed for a control room shaped like a light house that houses the fountain components.

So the show should have about 400 to 500 nozzles, and how ever many lights Disney decides to use.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

yes but AK is already a good enough park to were they dont need one. WDS need a nighttime spectacular too.
    yes DCA need one too keep guest in the park at night!

It's great that Wonderful of color is going next year
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Minion

Actually, a nighttime spectacular is not possible at Animal Kingdom because it closes so early most of the year. Plus, there really isn't a suitable place for a lagoon show. And fireworks are just out of the question considering the close proximity of the animals. A lagoon show is impossible at Walt Disney Studios Paris since there is no lagoon. And local regulations prevent all but low level fireworks in the area around Disneyland Resort Paris.

Does that include Disneyland Park
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

Does that include Disneyland Park
    You mean the fireworks regulations? Yes, the regulations do prevent Disneyland Paris from having a proper fireworks spectacular if that's the park you mean (I hate the term Disneyland Park by the way). Anyways, their display of Wishes pales so much in comparison to the one at Magic Kingdom; it has no emotional attachment whatsover and its pacing is very flawed. And the regulations prevent any high altitude launches, so all the shells are limited to ground level.

from the videos i've seen Wishes look to be very very impressive.
    pshhh i guess

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    And the regulations prevent any high altitude launches, so all the shells are limited to ground level.
    They have the best castle projections.

Cool Re: DCA lagoon show

DCA desperately needs a lagoon show to spice up the night life in DCA. Have you ever noticed that about 6:00 pm the line to enter DL is longer than it is at 9:00 am? THis is because nothing takes place here after 6! They need to get this show off the ground soon the last word there was on the World Of Disney show was it would be very costly nearly twice as much as Fantasmic on a per show basis. If this is the case then have it only once a night but get it going soon! DCA is a graveyard after 6:00. Other than me and my family who runs from Grizzly River Run to Soarin!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Well, the smoke wouldn't be a problem if Disney used smokeless fireworks. The fountain system is to be installed by Waltzing Waters inc which is the comnpany that installled fantasy waters at DLH. Disney will do all of the lighting. Golden Zephyer is to be removed for a control room shaped like a light house that houses the fountain components.

So the show should have about 400 to 500 nozzles, and how ever many lights Disney decides to use.
    I thought the same company that does the water show at the Bellagio in Vegas was doing this show. Although I know you are the expert!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I thought the same company that does the water show at the Bellagio in Vegas was doing this show. Although I know you are the expert!
    Wet Design would be the better choice for Disney, but Disney likes the twirling effects and the multi colored lights, something that WET doesn't do as well. But thats about it.