View Poll Results: New Soundtrack, or Dick Dales Soundtrack?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • New

46 54.76%
  • Dick Dales

38 45.24%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

The new Space Mountain soundtrack vs. Dick Dales

For those of you who have bought the 6 CD set, probably have heard the new space mountain soundtrack. At first, when I heard it, I was kind of dissapointed But after imagining riding space mountain along with the music, I think it's great. I think it will really compliment flying through "space".

If anyone has noticed, it is much faster pased than the orignial Dick Dales soundtrack. Maybe this means the ride is now faster?

In my opinion the new soundtrack is better mucic and fits better with the ride. It's not just the same tune, replayed in a different key every 15 seconds.

What do you guys (who have heard it) think about the new Soundtrack?

• Wonderful World

I havnt heard the new space track,but i really liked Dick Dales version of it.If someone would send it to me i would worship them.But anyways,is it surfer themed like Dick Dales?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    I havnt heard the new space track,but i really liked Dick Dales version of it.If someone would send it to me i would worship them.But anyways,is it surfer themed like Dick Dales?

sorry.. we do not send copywritten softwear....

you could try to get the cheaper 2 disk Cds which are a good deal and also has the new track on it.....

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    No, and don't really expect it to be. That's how I expected it to be, and I was dissapointed. But after listening to it a bunch, it grew on me and I think it's far better than the old one. Unlike the Dick Dales soundtrack, the music (on the CD) starts from where you reach the top of the last lift hill, and the ride begins. Just imagine Incredibles style music, with a fast edgey beat, and some cool sound effects. (btw, I have heard that the composer of the Incredibles music composed the music for the New Space Mountain, can someone confirm this?)

• Lowering Expectations

I can confirm that, well at least I definitely remember reading that somewhere. You can tell right away just from hearing the new 'daytime' soundtrack that it is very much like the Incredibles. I really like it! As much as I enjoyed the Dick Dales surfer guitar music on the ride (when it actually worked, that is), I think this new track will top it for me.

btw- In addition to being on the 6-CD, Space Mountain Daytime Track is also on the 2-CD 50th album, which is what I own.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 06-17-2005 at 09:29 PM.

• Wonderful World

Where can i get the 2-cd 50th album?

• Lowering Expectations

I got mine at the 20th Century Music shop on Main Street- that's where I get all my Disneyland music naturally ; )

• CM for 4 years!

The new track doesn't sync up to the ride nearly as well as the Dick Dale track. It takes away from a lot of the ride's excitement. It's sort of like... Screamin' is just another coaster without the soundtrack.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I haven't heard the new one, but it'll probably take me a while to adjust to having a different soundtrack on Space Mountain, even if I really like the new one. I don't like change!

• #1 Space Mountain Fan!!!

Just to let everyone know, you can listen to the new space mountain soundtrack anytime at...

- http://www.miboards.com/forums/radio...php?autoplay=1

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Dick Dale was ok - but not the right match for Space Mt. The new sound track gets it right, or at least comes closer to a "spacey" sound.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Best Buds

The new soundtrack sounds a lot like the second theme used on the "Lost in Space" TV show back in the 60's. As I was listening, I thought it was odd that they would replace one 60's type soundtrack (Dick Dale's) with another.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Shubisha

I have obviously not ridden space mountain yet so I can't claim this with certainty, but I don't like how the new music starts out. From what I can gander if the track layout's the same, you just started down your first drop turn and are starting to race along and suddenly the soundtrack goes to flutes softly chumming along the music. That's a momentum killer to me even with the ride.

I absolutely loved how Dick dale's handled that mini-hill and first drop. "We have ignition. BREEEEOOOOOO *DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM* :rough guitar music here:" right as you're speeding up and getting into the ride.

/ps
    Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    The new soundtrack sounds a lot like the second theme used on the "Lost in Space" TV show back in the 60's. As I was listening, I thought it was odd that they would replace one 60's type soundtrack (Dick Dale's) with another.
    Wow good call on the Lost in Space... Did you figure that out yourself? Be honest .

I like the new soundtrack. I didn't care for the old one anyway

• That's Hawt

Ok, I just listened to the new music and it sounds too much like a stupid comic movie. I'm sorry but it just plain sucks IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast