View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Can we go to California Adventure?" - Disney product placement in ABC TV (merged)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found it too funny:

Tonight on "Brothers & Sisters," on ABC, a husband was moving out of the house after cheating on his wife. The husband told the kids they could do all sorts of fun things when they come to visit him on the weekends.

"Can we go to California Adventure?" - asked the youngest boy.

I swear to you all, this is what the little boy said. Gotta love product placement!

Nothing like a good chuckle before bed (I'm on the east coast .)
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Brothers and Sisters

So what was Dad's response? Do they GET to go to California Adventure???

Of course!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Even though 2 and a half men is on CBS, I have heard them mention Disneyland at least a couple times this year :o)

LOL, yeah, what was dad's reply??

Oh, they get to go, of course...

I don't live in So Cal, but I'm thinking it's not too often that kids beg their kids to go to DCA...Disneyland, yes, DCA...not so much.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

On How I Met Your Mother, before Ted met Victoria he had a day dream where he had a picture of 2 kids in front of DCA's sign, the kid's faces were cut out, but everyone around me went "HEY!"

They will go to any level.

• Banned User

Unless a DCA reference is followed by some kind of punchline, it was mandated by management that it be there!

The best DCA lines were from the Simpsons of course. DCA got hit twice. And for good cause!

On The Great Louse Detective Marge Simpson states that she doesn't think prison is "a great place to bring the children", to which Lisa Simpson replies "It still beats Disney's California Adventure."

Also, in My Mother the Carjacker, Homer Simpson pretends to hide his fugitive mother "someplace where there's nobody for miles, Disney's California Adventure."

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found it too funny:

Tonight on "Brothers & Sisters," on ABC, a husband was moving out of the house after cheating on his wife. The husband told the kids they could do all sorts of fun things when they come to visit him on the weekends.

"Can we go to California Adventure?" - asked the youngest boy.

I swear to you all, this is what the little boy said. Gotta love product placement!

Nothing like a good chuckle before bed (I'm on the east coast .)
    It'd be hilarious if the dad's response was "No, I said something fun!"

• See what I got?

I heard a crack at the huge disappointment of DCA once on the Simpsons. It was hilarious. Does anyone remember exactly how it went?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

"Can we go to California Adventure?" - Disney product placement in ABC television.

So I'm watching Brothers and Sisters on ABC right now and in a scene where one of the married couples in the family are talking to their kids about their temporary marriage separation, the father, Joe, said, "I'll still see you guys all the time and we'll hang out every weekend" and his young son replied with "Can we go to California Adventure?!" and the Joe said in a playful way, "Yeah, dude, of course!" and followed it up with a high five.

I thought this was interesting. Instead of asking to go to Disneyland, the kid specifically asked for California Adventure. Is this a new Disney theme park product placement in ABC television? Is this a way to intice viewers to visit DCA? And is this really an appropriate way to make DCA more appealing to the public - via a scene in a prime time drama dealing with a marriage separation?

What do you think?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Re: "Can we go to California Advenutre?" - Disney product placement in ABC televisi

Simpsons did it.

• Minion

Re: "Can we go to California Adventure?" - Disney product placement in ABC televisi

Someone else reported this earlier. Here is the thread:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64307

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lafantasma View Post
    I heard a crack at the huge disappointment of DCA once on the Simpsons. It was hilarious. Does anyone remember exactly how it went?
    From Wikipedia
    References on DCA's lack of attendance have been made on 2 different episodes of the TV show The Simpsons:
    On The Great Louse Detective Marge Simpson states that she doesn't think prison is "a great place to bring the children", to which Lisa Simpson replies "It still beats Disney's California Adventure."
    Also, in My Mother the Carjacker, Homer Simpson pretends to hide his fugitive mother "someplace where there's nobody for miles, Disney's California Adventure."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: "Can we go to California Adventure?" - Disney product placement in ABC televisi

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Someone else reported this earlier. Here is the thread:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64307
    I don't quite get why that thread was moved to the Lounge. It was about an aspect of the Disneyland Resort.

• Goofy

haha lol, Its so funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast