• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

"Disneyland: Through the Eyes of An Imagineer" - New Disney Gallery exhibit June 2

The Disney Gallery will be expanding its "Inspired by Disneyland" exhibit this summer with "Disneyland: Through the Eyes of An Imagineer." New works by Disney Imagineers will be added to the current exhibit, and an artist signing will take place June 2.

Event: Art of Disney Product Release & Signing
    Special Guests: (See Below)
    Event Date: Saturday, June 2, 2007
    Event Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
    Event Location: The Disney Gallery, New Orleans Square, Disneyland park

Event Information:
    Up a gracefully curving staircase, high above the exuberant crowds lays an oasis of tranquility and elegance where the finest Disney artwork may be studied and purchased. This beautiful space was once planned to be Walt Disney's personal apartment where he could relax and entertain his own invited Guests. Suberly transformed into a gallery loft nearly 20 years ago this lovely setting has played host to many Disney Legends and Disneyland celebrations of the highest order. Now we are pleased to present a new exhibit, titled "Inspired by Disneyland" showcasing the talents of current Disney Artists, Animators and Walt Disney Imagineers from across the company and beyond.

Join us for a special appearance and signing by our Walt Disney Imagineers and Disney Artists as we celebrate the release of their latest masterpieces.

Meet & Greet and Signing Opportunity:
    The following Walt Disney Imagineers & Disney Artists will be on hand for a special appearance and signing (please note the designated signing times):

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
    - Jim Crouch
    - Larry Nikolai
    - Jimmy Pickering
    - George Scribner

1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
    - Brian Crosby
    - Jody Daily
    - Kevin Kidney
    - Maggie Parr
    - Joe Yakovetic

Please note, Artists will only sign their respective pieces. Merchandise available while supplies last. We ask that only TWO (2) items be signed per Artist, per Guest. We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Special Guest appearance and signing is subject to space and time availability and is not guaranteed.

... Here's a look at the new pieces that will be available.
    Click here for links to artist biographies, painting prices, and limited edition giclée prices.

BRIAN CROSBY
    Since working at Imagineering, Brian has worked in a number of areas including presentation creation, concept design, and model painting. Announced projects include Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and Halloweentime (2006) for the Disneyland Resort and It’s a Small World for Hong Kong Disneyland. Many of his other projects are still unannounced at this time.

"Hook's New Frontier"

"Scary Adventure"

JIM CROUCH
    A gifted artist, Jim's work is evident throughout the park, including the paintings of infamous Pirates along the attractions interior queue walls. Jim also makes a cameo appearance as one of the doomed bridegrooms in the Haunted Mansion's Attic Scene!

"Jungle Cruise"

"Haunted Mansion"

LARRY NIKOLAI
    As a Senior Conceptual Designer at Walt Disney Imagineering, Larry Nikolai has helped to create attractions for Disney parks around the world. From “it’s a small world” and “Storybookland” (“Le Pays des Contes de Fées”) at Disneyland Paris to “Splash Mountain” and “Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare” at Tokyo Disneyland, as well as “Journey into Imagination with Figment” at EPCOT, Larry has been honored to work on many new versions of classic Disney shows.
    For Tokyo DisneySea he was lead conceptual designer and art director for The Arabian Coast, where he was responsible for introducing enchanting new attractions such as “Sindbad’s Seven Voyages” and the “Caravan Carousel”.
    Closer to home, he designed the character vehicles for “Flick’s Fun Fair” and was the character show designer for “Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!”, both at Disney’s California Adventure.

"Belle, Book and Candle"

Briar Rose Triptych

MAGGIE PARR
    Maggie has created murals and portraits for many locations, including the Hotel Miracosta in Tokyo DisneySea, Fantasyland at Hong Kong Disneyland, World of Disney Stores in California, Florida and New York and has also had the opportunity to work on Disney characters for theme parks, stores, gifts, graphics, textiles and more.

"Partners In A Dream"

"Duck With a Pearl Earring"

"Goofy Cavalier"

JIMMY PICKERING
    Upon graduation, he began an interesting career working for such companies as Walt Disney Imagineering, Hallmark Cards Inc. and Universal Studios to name a few.
    After using his talents to create stories though attractions, environments and images, it seemed a natural step for him to venture out and start telling stories of his own.

"Big Bertha"

"Flower Children"

"It's A Sea Serpent"

"Haunted Mansion"

"Madame Leota"

GEORGE SCRIBNER
    George was hired at Walt Disney Studios as an animator on The Black Cauldron in 1983. After animating on various projects for a few years George directed Oliver and Company, a full length animated feature that was released in 1988, and later became a concept and story artist on projects including The Lion King, Fantasia 2000 and Dinosaur.
    George currently works at Walt Disney Imagineering where he directs animated projects for Disney theme parks, including Mickey’s Philharmagic, a 10 minute 3-D film that is currently at Walt Disney World and Hong Kong Disneyland.

"Headed Home"

"Jazz Trio"

Personally, I REALLY like Jimmy Pickering's pieces. His Haunted Mansion piece is beyond awesome.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-13-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: "Disneyland: Through the Eyes of An Imagineer" - New Disney Gallery exhibit June

Wow, can't wait to see it! Thanks for filling us all in!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• All you need is LOVE

Re: "Disneyland: Through the Eyes of An Imagineer" - New Disney Gallery exhibit June

Thanks looks great

• Senior Minion

I like the Scribner artwork. Very swanky.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Personally, I REALLY like Jimmy Pickering's pieces.
    I'll second that!

Jimmy Pickering is my favorite! I would love prints of those.

• dream out loud

I'm getting a "bandwith exceeded" message from photobucket for all of the artwork...not exceeded on my computer but on the page's server or something like that...I'd like to see it

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

will any of these be made available on "Print on Demand?" I love the stuff but can't afford the original art.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by airick75 View Post
    I'm getting a "bandwith exceeded" message from photobucket for all of the artwork...not exceeded on my computer but on the page's server or something like that...I'd like to see it
    My photobucket bandwidth is dead. To see all of the art work, visit the Disney Galery page for the exhibit: http://www.register123.com/event/pro...rPage=location

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |