Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Disabled Access for Finding Nemo?

Does anyone know what kind of access there will be on Findingn Nemo for disabled passengers? We have a wheelchair and will rent a scootr for my Dad.

• no flash photography...

Re: Disabled Access for Finding Nemo?

I have not been keeping up with all the nemo threads, but I seem to recall someone mentioning there is a viewing room. I guess the ride can be seen as a movie.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of access there will be on Findingn Nemo for disabled passengers? We have a wheelchair and will rent a scootr for my Dad.
    The line is completely accessible, so everyone will wait in the same line. Once you get to the front, they will ask if you can walk a short distance and negotiate stairs. If you can, then you can use the subs, if you can't, you can use the "viewing room", which plays a movie like version of the ride.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The line is completely accessible, so everyone will wait in the same line. Once you get to the front, they will ask if you can walk a short distance and negotiate stairs. If you can, then you can use the subs, if you can't, you can use the "viewing room", which plays a movie like version of the ride.
    Thanks ! Nemo is my daughter's favorite movie and I would hate to have to miss it. Hopefully the lines will be in the shade.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    If the queue line is long and there will no shade.

only shade will be under the monorail.

Here is the photo of the door of the viewing room

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    If the queue line is long and there will no shade.

only shade will be under the monorail.
    Thank you for the photo and the kind responses. I guess we may skip it this year unless we race over on EE day. The princess can't handle heat and I feel rude having a family member hold our spot only to pop in at the front. We also don't see the need to get in any faster than anyone else. I wonder if they would allow us to carry her down the stairs? Is the staircase wide enough to do that? Woud other folks carry down their toddler sized children?

"To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Minion

Thank you for the photo and the kind responses. I guess we may skip it this year unless we race over on EE day. The princess can't handle heat and I feel rude having a family member hold our spot only to pop in at the front. We also don't see the need to get in any faster than anyone else. I wonder if they would allow us to carry her down the stairs? Is the staircase wide enough to do that? Woud other folks carry down their toddler sized children?
    I have seen many ppl carrying their kids down and up.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post

Perfect! Thank you!

All means ALL

FYI, as of the soft opening, all wheelchair guests were being directed to the accessible line at the entrance and were not waiting in the chain queue.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

We rode the sub and also went in the viewing room which is called the Marine Observation Outpost. When we went to the soft opening we did not stand in the line we went to the CM and they directed us to the HA line which was 100% in the shade. If you can negotiate stairs there are about 9 of them but they are steep and the sub is a cramped space so there is not a lot of room to maneuver. The room is small and the video is not as good as the ride but it is cool and we enjoyed the room very much.

My advice would be to talk to the CM at the front of the Que and see if you can get in the HA line and enjoy the ride!
    Foolish Mortal

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NemoRanger View Post
    FYI, as of the soft opening, all wheelchair guests were being directed to the accessible line at the entrance and were not waiting in the chain queue.
    This is true, but there were not as many "handicapped" ppl there as there may be this week.

• Senior Minion

Perfect! Thank you!
    Thanks for the info, I was curious if they allowed parents to take the little ones on, I couldn't find anything on the DL site.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is true, but there were not as many "handicapped" ppl there as there may be this week.
    Correct, which is why we (Nemo CM's) were told that there will be an additional extended queue for wheelchairs ... however, as with such things, this information is always subject to change.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by NemoRanger View Post
    Correct, which is why we (Nemo CM's) were told that there will be an additional extended queue for wheelchairs ... however, as with such things, this information is always subject to change.
    So that takes us back to the original question and I am getting a different answer. The answer I am now getting is that there is w/c queue. Up to now I have been told that w/c will be in the same line.

Pardon the overclarification. I am trying to plan and stay flexible at the same time!

All means ALL

• Minion

So that takes us back to the original question and I am getting a different answer. The answer I am now getting is that there is w/c queue. Up to now I have been told that w/c will be in the same line.

Pardon the overclarification. I am trying to plan and stay flexible at the same time!
    I was told the line was accesible, but when I went to the preview, I didn't wait in the normal que and went to the right into the wc line. But, I was the only wc party at the time... I think it is just going to be "you will find out when you get there".
    Please let us know what happens!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast