Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Five Day Parkhopper

I just found out the other day the company i work for gives us discounts to DL five day parkhopper and i was wondering what do you guys do with five days at DL. What is a good average number of days to spend at both parks.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Five Day Parkhopper

3/4 of one day at DL.
    1/4 of one day at DCA.
    I wish the 5-day parkhopper didn't expire within 15 days of first use. Maybe within 15 years of first use would be better for someone like me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hiding in the shadows

5 days is probably a bit too much on one trip. But if you plan to do other things while visiting as well, it may be worth it to hit the park early and later in the day and do other things in the middle. With 5 days you can mor ethan explore everything, rides, shows etc. You can take days slower, take more photos, spend time in the shops, etc.

Again, for me, I think 3 full days is enough for one visit, but it depends on how well you know the park and how you plan your day. I could spend almost a whole day roaming the shops alone!

I would say 2 days at DL and 3/5 day at DCA and 2/5 in DTD.

A little piece of heaven

• Minion

Three of my kids would be going "Only 5 days?? Thats not enough time!" The 4th would be "Thats too many days". But we take our time at the parks, relax, and just enjoy the scenery.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

My people and I usually stay 7nights, with 8days at the park...and wishing we had more or could live in our hotel room for a few more weeks! We were there for 4days in March and felt TOTALLY rushed! We are a family of 4. With 8days in the park we do NOT wait in any lines if the wait is more than 15mins (fastpass or not) --if too long of a wait, we decide to revisit on a different day, perhaps earlier in the day, perhaps not....no rush..no sweat...whatever....move on to the next attraction! On a hot weekend(because the parks are usually more crowded w/ locals) day we might opt to just hang at the pool all day...do a little shopping. We rarely leave the resort grounds. Sometimes we just pop into the park for ONE ride n' then head back to the hotel pool....it's soooo relaxing not having to rush.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I think Molly Trolley has it about right.

I think the SoCal CityPass is a great deal, 3 days at the DLR, a day at Univedrsal Studios, SeaWorld and wither the SD Zoo or WAP.

And the best place to get it is from Costco.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

$209.99 for an adult, and that includes shipping. If you are not a Costco member, you just pay a 5% surcharge ($10.50), still cheaper than buying it from the parks or at CityPass.com.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    My people and I usually stay 7nights, with 8days at the park...and wishing we had more or could live in our hotel room for a few more weeks! We were there for 4days in March and felt TOTALLY rushed! We are a family of 4. With 8days in the park we do NOT wait in any lines if the wait is more than 15mins (fastpass or not) --if too long of a wait, we decide to revisit on a different day, perhaps earlier in the day, perhaps not....no rush..no sweat...whatever....move on to the next attraction! On a hot weekend(because the parks are usually more crowded w/ locals) day we might opt to just hang at the pool all day...do a little shopping. We rarely leave the resort grounds. Sometimes we just pop into the park for ONE ride n' then head back to the hotel pool....it's soooo relaxing not having to rush.
    This is how we are. Last trip was 12 days (average is 8-12.) We have figured 12 days is about 1 or 2 too many, but we enjoy.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• New Mexico DL Freak

We go twice a year for five days each. Just like the others have said, we just take our time, people watch, examine parts of the park many miss, and just generally relax. It's our version of ClubMed.
    "A conservative at 16 has no heart. A liberal at 65 has no brains." Unknown

• Sock Puppet

what are some great tours to take at DL.

...We rarely leave the resort grounds. Sometimes we just pop into the park for ONE ride n' then head back to the hotel pool....it's soooo relaxing not having to rush...
    This is my family too.

We usually go between 3 and 5 days. For me 5 days is just about right - 1 more day would be to much and the 4th day is usually just enough - making day 5 the walk around and people watch/shop day with the occasional ride slipped in here and there. Of course once I've been away for about 5 days I wish I could go back for a day or 2.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Next time, instead of staying at the hotel, if you have a car I highly suggest heading to the beach for at least part of the day. Newport Beach and Huntington Beach are only 20 - 25 minutes away, and the temperatures are generally 15 degrees or so cooler than in Anaheim, during the summer. There is a lot of shopping in these areas as well, including Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza, which rival even Rodeo Drive when it comes to what they have to offer. Just something different to try for a change.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I would say 2 days at DL and 3/5 day at DCA and 2/5 in DTD.
    Are you saying 3/5ths of a day at DCA or the 3rd day out of 5 for DCA? (Same question goes for DTD.)

5 days at the DLR is good.....IF you want to take the time to see the parks properly. If you couldn't care less about the Disney Gallery or the Animation Academy and just want to hit the "biggies," then I suppose 2 days at DL and 1/2 at DCA is adequate.

DL is meant to be enjoyed, not rushed through. Go ahead and take the 5 days, I promise you won't run out of things to do.

• ap holder

i think i saw ur pup before

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Three of my kids would be going "Only 5 days?? Thats not enough time!" The 4th would be "Thats too many days". But we take our time at the parks, relax, and just enjoy the scenery.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    what are some great tours to take at DL.
    I really enjoyed a Walt in Walt's Footsteps.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ursListingPage

• Disneyland Addict

We are going for 8 days in June. I have never had the chance to go for that long. My husband said even you may get bored of Disneyland... I told him not to count on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast