Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

My friend and I met when we were in college in the Central Valley. Ends up we both worked at Disneyland but different years. I worked Outdoor vending and she was security. She was working one summer and her boyfriend came to visit her. She had gotten off work and they decided to go into the park. They decided to go on Pirates. She had no idea that he had already planned this out. I will tell you from her prespective what happened.

I don't recall what part of the ride it was but the ride was slowing down and the boat was right next to the walkway and an exit. He stood up and with her being security she told him to sit back down. He then got out of the boat and stepped off to the side. The boat stopped and she yelled at him to get back on because he would get into trouble and get her into trouble. He walked behind the rock and grabbed a dozen of the light up roses that we sold there. He brought them over to her and helped her out of the boat. Then he got down on his knee and asked her to marry him!!!!

They have been married for a few years now and have a brand new baby!!!!

• Minion

^ you know what's strange...I think I heard that story floating around when I was there.

• Back home :-(

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I don't recommend getting proposed to at the Blue Bayou if you plan on giving the ring to the waithelp. They will forget and ruin the moment and stress you out unnecessarily. We're too busy to do a proposal well.
    Really? I'll have to respectfully disagree, at least in my experience...

We got engaged at the Blue Bayou in December 2002... my now husband said he had to go buy my Christmas present, so we split up for the afternoon at DL. Turns out he went to the Blue Bayou and he asked to speak to someone about setting up a romantic dinner for me. He ended up getting the manager, who was absolutely amazing to deal with. My husband had bought a crystal sign, with "Will you marry me?" engraved on it, a crystal slipper and an antique Tiffany silver ring box and he asked if it was possible to get a silver platter to put it on so he could present it to me. The manager said that this was no problem and offered to hold everything in the safe for my husband. When we had dinner, my husband went to go talk with the staff so he could set up the platter (he told me he was going to the washroom), but they replied that they had already taken care of and that he was to just enjoy the evening. The staff went above and beyond and set up a BEAUTIFUL tray with rose petals and napkin flowers which I was presented with right before dessert. Then, they even made us a special dessert presentation to congratulate us. I was VERY impressed... and it made our trip that much more special!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Wow Fi that sounded so romantical! You make me all sad and jealous cause my man would never do something so beatiful like that.....at least I can imagine that he would though.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Wishing that I'll either be wed or proposed to at Disneyland one of these days...or maybe even both? That would be nice. *dreamy grin, sigh* The places i'd be hoping for a proposal would either be on the Storybook Canal Boats, passing through the floral arches, past the Agrabah Palace Part, or on Pirates of the Carribean, at the beginning, while you're floating past the Blue Bayou. Or, if it had to happen *off* of a ride, that little park hub next to the Haunted Mansion, with the fountain. ^^

• At the Gym or at DL

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Not exactly a GUYS kind of thread, is it?

Here's a guys romantic thread:

I got laid at the DL Hotel one night.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    My dream would be to have something very romantic happen during a special event or time at Disneyland or on the Disney Magic. Already, my heart would be aflutter with excitement, and a proposal would send it right over the top.

I think a lot of effort and planning should go with it also, so that Prince Charming could take advantage of the best opportunities.

I'm more about the moment and effort than the ring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12