Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Official MC Thread Killer

I don't know about other people, but this thread is very interesting and helpful for those of us who have never been to Disneyland. By what everyone has been saying, I definately need to try the Monte Cristo and a skewer from Bengal BBQ (as well as a Dole Whip, but I've had one at WDW)
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

french market

i'd have to say french market is definetly the BEST restaurant at dland (except bb but im not including that cuz of price). i love their jumbalaya and mai favorite..the RIVERFRONT FETTUCINE!!! it's delicious! the pasta at pizza port is good too except i can never seem to take in more than three spoonfulls of the pasta at pizza port =/
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Junior Space Ranger

There is nothing better than a Mickey Mouse Supreme Ice Cream bar that is frozen rock solid from sitting in the cold dry ice. A really frozen one can last almost 30 minutes without melting...

• i want some kisses!!!

what ever happened to the fantasia ice cream? that used to be one of the highlights for me and now its gone ! :confused:

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I definately need to try the Monte Cristo...
    Just a warning - this is a heavy sandwich! I may get the exact ingredients wrong, but I believe it's turkey, ham and cheese, battered and deep fried, and served with a grape jelly dipping sauce (sounds strange but it's really pretty tasty). Also note that I've had a couple of them at the BB that weren't exactly fresh - kinda coolish and greasy. Most of the time they're fresh and yummy, but not for one with a light appetite!

• The one, the only...

The envelope please...

I guess I have to weigh in on this. Sorry for the pun!

Best current snack: Dolewhip
    Best former snack: Fantasia ice cream
    Best food I enjoyed as a child: Monte Cristo
    Best restaurant: Blue Bayou
    Best dish at a restaurant: Jambalaya at the French Market

Most unusual snack that I enjoyed: Ice cold giant pickle (bought it on Main Street years ago. Best tasting pickle I ever had!)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Lord of the Ribs

Monte Cristo. Corn Dog. Dole Whip. Churro. Mint Julep.

And that's just for lunch.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by laurabeth909
    what ever happened to the fantasia ice cream? that used to be one of the highlights for me and now its gone ! :confused:
    Don't they serve this seasonally now? I seem to remember that's it served in the winter.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Just a warning - this is a heavy sandwich! I may get the exact ingredients wrong, but I believe it's turkey, ham and cheese, battered and deep fried, and served with a grape jelly dipping sauce (sounds strange but it's really pretty tasty). Also note that I've had a couple of them at the BB that weren't exactly fresh - kinda coolish and greasy. Most of the time they're fresh and yummy, but not for one with a light appetite!
    You forgot the powered sugar on top of it, but otherwise I believe you have it right. Man I wish I was there for one right now.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Absolutely - what would a monte cristo sandwich be without the powdered sugar???

• white and nerdy

1. Frozen, chocolate covered bananas.... can't get enough of 'em. I can't wait in the Matterhorn line without one.
    2. Yes, Dole whip... mmmmmmm......doley
    3. Mc Donald French fries... HA! just kidding. I'm not stupid.
    4. California Adventure's mexican place... don't know the name. I don't know why, I just LOVE it.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Frozen Bananas and dole whips. I'm not a huge fan of Disneyland food....if you want something REALLY good, head to Downtown Disney. I love la brea

• Sock Puppet

Sorry I cannot agree on anything here. Disney food, though slightly better than other theme parks, is garbage. Bland, greasy, or rotten. Best food at disneyland is the first meal you eat after leaving. BB is decent, but still cannot hold a candle to a decent $6 deli sandwich outside the park.
    I have always wondered why they can't make the food better. For some reason, parks just always miss it. I know they need to be somewhat bland, so as to appeal to people from all over the country, but some of us need spice! Can we not even get a blackened fish filet in NOS? A spicy carne asada in frontierland? or maybe a big smoked bratwurst with grilled onions and cabbage at the village haus??? would be SO GOOD!
    At the very least, pizza port needs a meatball that does not taste like an AM/
    PM 59cent , 3am hamburger on Interstate 5 just south of redding. Paper and grease, mushed together and deep fried in old oil.
    Now, candy. they do well. Taffy, chocolates, and even pretzels, they do well.The pickles rule! It's just a bummer to try to sustain yourself on snacks. Even leaving for downtown disney leaves few good choices. At least 1 restaurant for people who like flavor, would be nice.

- Monte Christo for sure.. Plus
    - Clam Chowder at BB. YUM!
    - The obscenley large Corn Dog from the fire truck.
    - That Chicken Fettichini dish from Pizza Port is awesome.
    - Dole Whip
    - Gibson Girl Sundae w/ Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by laurabeth909
    Fantasia ice cream went away when the ice cream provider for the resort changed. From Carnation to Dreyers or something. They just decided that they didn't want to keep it.

Anyways, that's what Chip from ODV/Ventures told me at DIsney University.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast