Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• oh bugger

Having a Mint Julep with some Fritters in the morning and wandering around NOS... ohhh it's gonna be a long wait until September.

• Minion

give me gumbo and a mint julep and im good mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• DisneyLvr4Life

OK I have to try the Dole Whip tomorrow!!
    Best Lunch: Carnation Cafe, love the turkey sandwich
    Best Dinner: Ribs at the Zocalo , although they always seened better at the Thunder Ranch BBQ, really miss that place.
    Best Snack:Churros, though almost anything tastes great to me at DL

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Having a Mint Julep with some Fritters in the morning and wandering around NOS... ohhh it's gonna be a long wait until September.
    You have a Southern California pass? I was going to get one to go to a MiceChat greet, but when I found every Sunday from now until September was blacked out I think I'll wait a bit longer.

As for the apple fritters, are they like the apple fritters you get at donut shops? I love those kind!

Back in the day- at the Better Blue Bayou of old - was a Monte Cristo sadwich that was to die for. Oh and The vanilla icecream served at WDW sit down venues is the best in the world.
    We are the makers of magic!

• Back home :-(

The best thing was the HUGE bowl of ice cream called the Matterhorn that I bought with two friends on Main Street several years ago. We ate about half of it and there were three of us! (And, we were starving before we started...) It was the best thing... I believe I still have pictures somwhere...

I'm a huge fan of the Bengal BBQ. I could live on the skewers and Dole Whip and be an extremely happy girl. Oh, and the pickles. Gotta have the pickles. I'm not a churro girl though...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I have always wondered why they can't make the food better. For some reason, parks just always miss it. I know they need to be somewhat bland, so as to appeal to people from all over the country, but some of us need spice!
    Hey, I'm a Texan - you don't need to preach to me about spice! I think there are several DL meals that have plenty of flavor and spice, like the afore mentioned beef taco salad and the jambalaya. It's not New Orleans fire, but it's far from bland.

• Laughing Last..

I REALLY miss the carnation corner and it's ice cream cones. The Fantasia ice cream was the best. Carnation made it only for Disneyland but has discontinued it due to cost vs. profit. There was a story about the whole thing last year on one of the web sites. Also the ribs from Rancho Z were wonderful!!
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE
    I REALLY miss the carnation corner and it's ice cream cones. The Fantasia ice cream was the best. Carnation made it only for Disneyland but has discontinued it due to cost vs. profit. There was a story about the whole thing last year on one of the web sites. Also the ribs from Rancho Z were wonderful!!
    Yes, I agree! That ice cream was really good. It was great eating ice cream and listening to the big band music there at night. Great memories
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

I gotta think outside the berm on this one. I'm cheap, what can I say, and when I visited last year, my ma and I left Disneyland for lunch. However, we did stay within the boundaries of the Disneyland Resort, so I will have to say, that my favorite food at Disneyland is the Turkey Bacon Wrap at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.

Luckily for me, there's a Rainforest in the Mall of America less than an hour away from here.

Oh yeah, the Churros are good too!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Confuzled Woozle

Churros!! I could live off of those things.
    And I am also obsessed with the sugar cookies from Pooh's Corner.
    Ooh, and the pancakes at River Belle Terrace.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

French Market- Fried Chicken, Shrimp Cocktail, Mint Julep. I also loved the "Chicken Six-Feet Under" dish they sold there one year for holidays 2002...not sure if they still do it though. ^^;

Blue Bayou - Prime Rib, and the Blue Bayou Potatoes (they're so GOOD!). I've never had the Lunch menu...is the Monte Cristo really that good?

Bengal BBQ - Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Breadsticks.

Redd Rockett's - Chicken Fusili. They give you a lot of it, heh. o.o;

Anyone know if they still sell the "Fantasia" flavor ice cream at the park, still? I haven't had it in years. ^^;

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The Monte Cristo is a very good sandwich, but not for everyone or every time. It's something different, and people who have tried monte cristos in other places swear that the BB makes them the best. I'd say try one at least once.

And I almost forgot about those Blue Bayou potatos - yummmmmmm........

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Blue Bayou - I've never had the Lunch menu...is the Monte Cristo really that good?
    The Monte Cristo is to die for. We are only able to go to DL maybe every 5 years so when we went last we had to go to BB. We went durring lunch and to my surprise they don't serve Monte Cristos at lunch!! Needless to say,afterwards my brother drove all over Northern CA looking for a Monte Cristo for me. He did bring one back, and I very much appreciated it, but it wasn't like sitting at the BB, listening to guest going down the waterfall and filling my face with turkey, ham and jelley!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• i want some kisses!!!

last time i was there i was told it wouldnt ever be returning. ive had it every trip xcept the last few. it is such an empty feeling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast