Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Defying gravity

Angry Why is Ed Grier president of the DLR?!

WHY?!!!! He's never in the parks, clearly doesn't care - why is he the president? There are so many talented and passionate people that would be so much better suited to run the park? Heck, take the majority of people on Mice Chat.

So, why Ed?

• Banned User

Re: Why is Ed Grier president of the DLR?!

I believe they needed him by default when Omiuet stepped down.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    WHY?!!!! He's never in the parks, clearly doesn't care - why is he the president? There are so many talented and passionate people that would be so much better suited to run the park? Heck, take the majority of people on Mice Chat.

So, why Ed?
    Does it really matter? How has it negatively affected you?

So, why Ed?
    How on earth do you know whether he cares for the park or not? Are you his psychologist or friend? Because if you are not, you have clearly no evidence to back that ridiculous claim up.

Is maintenance bad? Nope. Is it the same as when Ouimet was President? Evidently so because nothing has changed.

Is he in the parks? Who knows or cares? As long as the park is in good condition why does it matter to anyone?

• Minion

So, why Ed?
    Loyalty and 'being part of the team' (and taking orders unquestioningly = yes man) is highly valued by some executives, especially ones that are not confident or highly qualified themselves. Confident and competent ones like being challenged and informed by their subordinates.

Perhaps Ed fulfills this situation with respect to Jay Rasulo - chairman of Parks and Resorts.

I thought he had been out a lot in the park recently. It seems like almost every time I go into a trip report thread I see Ed sitting there sweeping up trash.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Personally, I think where Ed Grier came from was a good place to pull a man for the presidency of the Disneyland Resort. Grier ran Walt Disney Attractions Japan, the group that monitors the activities of the Oriental Lan Company's operation of the Tokyo Disney Resort. This included the contractual obligation to maintain the Disney way.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    How on earth do you know whether he cares for the park or not? Are you his psychologist or friend? Because if you are not, you have clearly no evidence to back that ridiculous claim up.
    Well, I would assume that someone who truly cared about the park would visit more often. There was a thread a while back about an interview that he gave to a local newspaper, which clearly showed his general lack of knowledge.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I believe they needed him by default when Omiuet stepped down.
    Yeah, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX View Post
    I thought he had been out a lot in the park recently. It seems like almost every time I go into a trip report thread I see Ed sitting there sweeping up trash.
    thats what i thought. im always seeing pics of him doing good deeds in the park. i thought he goes to the park quite often.
    pshhh i guess

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    thats what i thought. im always seeing pics of him doing good deeds in the park. i thought he goes to the park quite often.
    Yeah, for photo ops. He's there occasionally to pick up a piece of trash. Does he really show any genuine concern for the CMs or the attractions?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, I would assume that someone who truly cared about the park would visit more often. There was a thread a while back about an interview that he gave to a local newspaper, which clearly showed his general lack of knowledge.
    I remember this thread and you are right. Many MiceChatters were surprised at many of his vague answers - which lead many of us to believe that he didn't really know what was going on.

• Launch sequence engaged

Until Ed Grier does something that harms the park, I don't think we can really criticize him. Maybe we'll never know until one of us is Disneyland Resort President, but I would assume he would want to make rounds of the park to understand how it's operating. That being said, the Mark Twain is currently under rehab, Splash Mountain had a very successful refurbishment, a new E-Ticket is going to be open in a month.

I bet he is doing a great job in the eyes of Bob Iger, and I bet the stockholders are somewhat happy. Ed Grier is here to stay.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I remember this thread and you are right. Many MiceChatters were surprised at many of his vague answers - which lead many of us to believe that he didn't really know what was going on.
    Here is the thread:
    Ed Grier slipup

• The Fantasyland guy

wow, this thread can go badly very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post

Is maintenance bad? Nope. Is it the same as when Ouimet was President? Evidently so because nothing has changed.
    I just wanted to point out that this is due to the dilagence of Greg Emmer. He was on board when Matt was president and is the reason why our parks are nice looking and in good shape.

Im glad Greg is still here... which is more then I can say for Ed. Well, I can't say either way for Ed because I never see him or hear him speak. I have no idea what he thinks about anything. (Which is very scary, but not a reason to hate him.)

I think the reason this thread was created was because no one knows or sees ed working. It's not that we have evidence to say he is a bad President, we just dont have any evidence.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast