Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

They need to be raising AP prices because when people see the price of 99 dollar pass that gives them admission the parks all year long(with some blockout dates thrown in), they will just want to buy the pass instead of paying 56 bucks for a one day ticket. I thought they wanted to shrink down the number of AP holders, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998
    The only thing I guess people can complain about is how most of the other parks offer discounts, and disneyland rarely offers decent discounts these days.
    Big point -

So they've brought back about half of what we lost YEARS ago. And now:

2 Parents
    2 Children
    + Parking
    = $214

Food for 4 = $100 (conservative - only $25 each!)

Total $315

Other costs can easily find their way in and push it to $350-$400 for family of 4.

No wonder my sister hasn't been able to take her daughters in some time. Man could I go on and on about this...

• Banned User

Has anyone seen steep discounts for Disneyland tickets recently?? I noticed that after Cynthia left, there haven't been too many cheesy discounts that will slash the price of your ticket in half. They have the 2fer thing, but other than that, I haven't those "buy-a- ticket-at-Ralph's!" things.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Universal Studios - buy one day get the rest of the year free(automatic AP)

Magic Mountain - Always running a 'special' that you can either buy a ticket for $25 or buy one get one free(ie you and your friend go for the price of one person)

Knott's - Same Deal. I think it's around $25, maybe a $21?
    Also Sea World offers a "Fun Card", essentially a SoCal AP for a few dollars more than admission. Apparently Sea World is already using that finger identification thing for their APs. I was there late last year and I had to do the whole finger scan thing.

Last year I also got the Universal "Celebrity Pass", their name for the SoCal AP you get with general admission, and I was amazed at how few blackout dates there were.

Haven't been to Magic Mountain for a few years, but I know that they also offer the "buy one day, get the rest of the year free" after a certain season.

• Banned User

The only thing I guess people can complain about is how most of the other parks offer discounts, and disneyland rarely offers decent discounts these days.
    I just never liked the thought of Disneyland having tons of discount ads.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I think $56 per park is a bit much. Yes, Disneyland is AMAZING, but DCA shouldn't require that kind of money.

I think park admission should be about $45.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    They need to be raising AP prices because when people see the price of 99 dollar pass that gives them admission the parks all year long(with some blockout dates thrown in), they will just want to buy the pass instead of paying 56 bucks for a one day ticket. I thought they wanted to shrink down the number of AP holders, but oh well.
    That is exactly what I thought. They raised the AP prices and created a lot more blackout dates one time because they wanted more tourists and locals who infrequently visit the park so they'd spend more money on food and souvenirs. Even Al reported on how they wanted that shift in customer base. And Kevin Yee in multiple articles has stated what a ridiculous value a $99 pass is considering the price of season tickets at ball games and other venues.

If anything, I think they should've lowered the cost of tickets and raised the price of APs. By doing the exact opposite, they are encouraging the less-spending APs and discouraging the people who would usually spend a lot in the park.

Let's look at it: At $45 Disney would lose $11 on a paying customer today. But consider how much they'd lose on someone who decides $45 is worth it but not $56...not only have they lost the entire $45 they would have got from admission, they've lost all the money that person would've spent on food, souvenirs, parking and other stuff. They are cannibalizing their high-profit-margin infrequent visitors to make way for the local low-profit AP holders. I wonder if Matt Ouimett is behind this or if it came from a higher position.

Anyone who's played Rollercoaster Tycoon knows that you always set your admission price to the lowest common denominator because it's better to charge an admission that everyone can afford (just to get them into the park), rather than charge a little more and risk alienating the lower income customers. You can always squeeze the higher-income individuals that have a little bit of money left over with high-priced food and souvenirs and at the end of the day, everyone is squeezed dry. If you charge let's say $75 in a park in RCT, you've just lost every $65 customer which can add up to a large chunk of change. You guys would be amazed how closely RCT mimicks real life situations, maybe the suits at Disney marketing should try it out.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-18-2005 at 09:48 AM.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Prices go up like we are getting new E-Tickets, when in reality, we have not gotten any. Buzz is only a C or D.

• Disney fans for life!

Raising the price now was an easy decision for Disney.

Just take one look around the hub a half hour before the fireworks start...

With crowds like that, they can easily raise the price and not feel the pain of fewer sales. Until the 50th is over. Then they will feel it.

After finishing up dinner at the Rainforest last wednesday, we were heading back into the Park about 7:30 and couldn't believe the lines at the ticket booths. Out of curiosity, we stood there for a few minutes to watch and see what people were buying. Most in line were buying one day passes just to get in to see the fireworks. $53 bucks for less than a few hours in the Park (it closed at 9 pm on wed.). As long as there are people willing to pay that, they will keep jacking up the prices.

Thank goodness for our AP's.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    I don't think we have seen the last of the AP price hikes- I predict we will see those happening next year.

However, we have just decided to buy the 99 dollar AP's for our trip in September because they are not blacked out on the days we want to go and are cheaper than 3 or 4 day park hoppers.

But they have to keep an AP marginally affordable to a certain extent to keep the locals happy- ask anyone who has grown up in southern california and they will tell you that having Disneyland close by and accessable is part of growing up there, and in many cases, its shapes their life(look at Steve Martin who started working in the magic shop at age 15 and rode his bike to Disneyland every day, or the kids who come to the park to do their homework)

So look for the premiums and deluxes to get pricier next year, but I imagine the socal AP's (at least the select pass, which is a fairly new one, if I am not mistaken) to stay cheap. I will just be happy to get my AP back and get the new Tink design

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Michey
    I can't believe they have raised the price again this year. For those of us who are not AP holders 56 for adults and 46 for kids is pretty steep. If the prices keep going up like this there will be a lot of families who won't be able to afford to go, and that is sad.
    This is just a guess... but I would say that there will be at lease one, maybe two more price incresses before the end of the year.

• At the Gym or at DL

No one ever said that magic comes cheap.

• Hooterville, USA

It's a bargain at any price. You pay more for sporting events that last a few hours. But DL is an all day adventure.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Just think, in two years, it will be about $60, now thats expensive. If I didnt have an AP, I think i'd be better off paying $25 at Six Flags and Knott's.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    You get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast