Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disney Nerd

reason #27 to be a cm.......

do i feel bad that the prices are going up? yes
    do i think that the ticket price is still worth the expierence you get out of disneyland? yes
    therefore do i think the ticket prices are somewhat fair? yes

but prices are always going to go up, it's inflation, it's the way capitalism works.

as a disney nerd i must admit, i really think anything up to $100ish is worth the experience. especially if you make the most of your day and go from 8am-12am.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    ask anyone who has grown up in southern california and they will tell you that having Disneyland close by and accessable is part of growing up there, and in many cases, its shapes their life(look at Steve Martin who started working in the magic shop at age 15 and rode his bike to Disneyland every day, or the kids who come to the park to do their homework)
    I can vouch for this personally. I started going to the park from the stroller and I visited Disneyland quite often since I grew up in Garden Grove. It had such a profound impact on my childhood that it has fueled my obsession for Disneyland ever since. You don't shrug off your Disney childhood if you've been exposed to it from an early age. It seriously does mold you into the adult that you become.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    What a LOAD of ****... Greedy Bastards.

Now if the were "SMART" which I highly doubt, they would leave Park Hoppers the Same $$ ti get more people interested in them and get more butts in DCA...

Any word on the Park Hopper Prices?
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 06-18-2005 at 02:31 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Shubisha

It wasn't much more than 10 years ago they started the whole "Socal residents get in for xxx" and it was $22. Sad :/

http://www.jansworld.net/DL_pages/ye...of_dl_tics.htm

Found a page I'd been looking for with a history of admission prices at Disneyland... That doesn't include the socal residents prices during the beginning of that promotion in the early 90s, but general admission alone is something to gawk at.

• Official Mice Chat person

I think Disneyland should have raised to $56 and not DCA. DCA should have stayed at $53. That way there is a price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    This is just a guess... but I would say that there will be at lease one, maybe two more price incresses before the end of the year.
    Let's hope not.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    So look for the premiums and deluxes to get pricier next year, but I imagine the socal AP's (at least the select pass, which is a fairly new one, if I am not mistaken) to stay cheap. I will just be happy to get my AP back and get the new Tink design
    A little off topic...but does anyone else think the new AP's given at the park look like hotel room keys? I think its kind of ugly, so I'm glad I got my mail-in shiny Tink!

On topic now: Yeah I think the price is getting really high too, but as someone said earlier, people pay much more for sports events, which are much shorter (and less entertaining if you ask me). The only way to improve the park and give it some more rides and stuff is to make some money first! Paying $3 more for a new ride sounds decent to me!...that is if that's what they are planning to do. Or maybe its just to pay back some of the enormous advertising expenses for the 50th?

• Banned User

OMG!! $56 a day?? That makes it even more expensive that TDL at currently $52 based on currency exchange rates today!! WDW parks are still $60+ a day and their MK offers much much less than TDL does in one single day!!! We are being robbed!!!

• Official Mice Chat person

If the new price means new rides, I'm ALL for it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

As Athlonacon said, the $99 AP is going to look much more attractive now, compared to the steep new $56/adult regular gate price ($46/child).

Those who do not have one may not realize that an AP is also what amounts to an Annual Park Hopping Pass. This further serves to increase their desirabilty. Unfortunately, the $99 pass is limited to Southern California residents alone. A $209 Delux AP is the least expensive for the rest of us - and is double that of SO CAL.

However, the privileges are different. The Delux pass is good for 320 days as compared to SO CALs 227 days. The So Cal pass has 93 more days blacked out than the Delux pass. That's significant enough to make up, in part, for the $99 AP not being available to non-So Cal residents.

Ostensibly, Disney is inflating basic admission to encourage more local and non-local AP's, and. at the same time, make the Park Hoppers or 2-fers a better deal in the eyes of of all. A single-day Park Hopper is $75/adult ($63/child), but can only be bought at the gate. What the Company is really after is to induce guests to purchase 2, 3, 4 and 5-Day Park Hoppers, which start at $105/adult ($85/child).

As you know, Park hoppers can be purchased at the gate, thru Disney Travel packages, the Disney Stores, and AAA. One can also buy them at credit unions, as a part of a Get Away-Today Vacations package, and thru other venues. At my credit union, I have in the past saved $12 per ticket. Thus, shopping around just might save a person enough to cover the parking and more - depending on the size of your entourage.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-07-2005 at 10:09 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Unfortunately, the $99 pass is limited to Southern California residents alone. A $209 Delux AP is the least expensive for the rest of us - and is double that of So. Ca. Priveledges are indentical in each case. This means that the use of the term "Delux" is nothing more than a meanigless marketing strategy.
    The Deluxe pass has 320 days available, while the So Cal pass has 227, and the So Cal Select has 176 days. The Deluxe pass also gets discounts at Rancho and the French Market, which the So Cal pass doesnt get. So, the privileges are very different.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    The Deluxe pass has 320 days available, while the So Cal pass has 227, and the So Cal Select has 176 days. The Deluxe pass also gets discounts at Rancho and the French Market, which the So Cal pass doesnt get. So, the privileges are very different.
    Ahh.. The So Cal pass has 107 more days blacked out than the Delux pass. That's significant enough to make up, in part, for the $99 AP not being available to non-So Cal residents.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    LOOK CLOSLEY>>> WALT IS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE!!! Well, his Niche...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Banned User

Plus, when they raise prices, it gives people a reason to use the complaint, " I paid $56 for THIS?!" as they stand in a long line or a crowded/ jammed walkway.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Plus, when they raise prices, it gives people a reason to use the complaint, " I paid $56 for THIS?!" as they stand in a long line or a crowded/ jammed walkway.
    Pulling the plug on Fastpass will probably aliviate the crowded/jammed packed walkways IMO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast