Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Crystal Meth went up 13% this year as well. and that's a full day of entertainment.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I think for the full-day experience Disneyland gives the price is acceptable. However, on the surface it looks extremely expensive. When the tourists are dishing out the cash at the beginning of they day I'm sure they'll be grumbling, but at the end of it all they won't care, I'm sure.

I feel bad, though, for those who are trying to have a nice family vacation. Gas prices alone are enough to stop some families from being able to enjoy a trip to Disneyland. Add in the ticket prices, expensive food prices, the inevitable souvineers, and any other miscellaneous expenses. It can be a painful blow to family's bank account. Nevertheless, I do feel its worth it.

I'm just glad 2 of my best friends and I have Annual Passes and don't have to worry about 1-day Passport price hikes.

It's going to be bad news when they raise AP prices though... I should start saving now!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998
    San Diego Zoo: $32 (I'm pretty sure parking is free here)
    A friend of mine just went to the zoo, and I thought she said it was $21? Maybe it's $32 if you get the deluxe ticket w/ the bus tour. Parking is free.

I have the $99 AP, and it's a way better deal than buying a 1 day or a park hopper ticket. The blackout days suck, though, but for $99, I've definitely gotten my money's worth. During the month of June, I can only go Mondays and Tuesdays, and then I'm blacked out for all of July and up until the end of August. But like I said, for $99, you can't beat the price. Once summer is over, the blackout days are pretty much only on the weekends, so it's very worth it.

If you do compare the cost of DL with the other parks in the area, I think that Disney probably is worth the price for what you get. But I do feel badly for families who want to take their kids on a Disney vacation. I really don't know how they can afford to do it.

ETA: I think I've heard that they are planning on raising the AP prices within the next year or so. I can't remember numbers, but I *think* I heard $360 for the Premium. Someone else may have better info than I do.

• Tourist

I was just reading an old Birnbaum guidebook. In 1987, a one-day adult passport for Disneyland cost $17.95.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    They need to be raising AP prices because when people see the price of 99 dollar pass that gives them admission the parks all year long(with some blockout dates thrown in), they will just want to buy the pass instead of paying 56 bucks for a one day ticket. I thought they wanted to shrink down the number of AP holders, but oh well.
    you should have seent he lines for new AP's today. It was crazy. They definalty are selling them. When i upgraded my pass to a premium there were people in front of me asking how much it would be to upgrade their so. cal select passes. I think they get them at the low price hoping they will upgrade later. However, i did not stand int he crazy line to upgrade my deluxe pass. i went to guest relations outside the park..

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

It's going to be bad news when they raise AP prices though... I should start saving now!
    they probably will raise the prices before the year is out. The alst price raise didn't deter alot of epople...so they will continue to raise until they hit the right spot....

• Disney fans for life!

The way that we use our AP's they could be $499/year and it would still be worth it (for us). We also purchased the lifetime passes from LegoLand (the first year that they opened) and feel that they have already paid for themselves. When you figure out the cost per gate entry, it drops dramatically with the AP's.

Nobody likes price increases, but they are inevitable. Disney will soon realize that they can at some point price themselves out of the market, but for right now, the way that the crowds are currently, all that they see are dollar signs. They know that the crowds are not going to stop just because of a few dollar increase, especially during the 50th celebration, so they figured that this is as good a time as any to jack up the rates.

• My Children's Father

Not that I could ever imagine myself buying a single-day admission, if I did, I think I could skip a churro or ice cream to pay for the increase ..........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...25572559/Large

Only the One Day tickets went up...

The Single Park tickets are now $56, $46 for kids 3 thru 9.

The One Day ParkHoppers also went up $3 to $76, $66 for kids 3 thru 9.

The $5 off a One Day ParkHopper for SoCal's is still available at $71, $61 for kids 3 thru 9.

All other ticket prices remained the same.... If you compare the prices at Disneyland.com you will note that the Two Day ParkHoppers are $1 cheaper at $105/$85 kids 3-9, from Disneyland.com. There is some type of communication issue here, as these prices have been different since the first of the year....The Menu shows $106/$86 for kids 3-9.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Still lost in Neverland

Prices up at Disneyland/DCA again.

For the second time this year, Disneyland is raising the one-day ticket price for admission to Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure. On top of a $2 increase earlier this year, today sees the price going up another $3 to $56 for adults and $46 for children 3-9. For now annual passes remain unchanged.

I am so glad I got my AP already. I wonder how high it will go.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    This is being discussed in this thread...

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=6449
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    If anything, I think they should've lowered the cost of tickets and raised the price of APs. By doing the exact opposite, they are encouraging the less-spending APs and discouraging the people who would usually spend a lot in the park.
    That's one of my ideas, but you're free to use it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Someone has to pay for those "Free" Golden Ears they will give away on the 17th.

It's robbery.

My Brother-in-law said...he would "Gladly Pay $100 a day if it keeps some of the scummy Mexicans and Blacks Out." what a sad little world we live in...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• FastPass n00b

I remember those giveaways for the 30th and 35th Anniversary and it's sad that instead of another giveaway, we have 2 price hikes. When talking in terms of families, it's over $200 just to walk through the front gate. That's not including gas, food, hotels or any souvenirs. I think whoever's behind these price hikes should be ashamed of themselves because they are taking advantage of the park being in decay for 10 years to make us feel they are giving us something extra today, when in fact they are giving us less than they gave us 10 years ago. Make no mistake, Matt Ouimett is to be commended for his incredible ongoing restoration to the park, but Disneyland held itself up to a higher standard and to ask its guests to expect anything less would be foolish. To me, price hikes that far outstrip inflation under the guise of getting more for the money is not up to the high standards Disneyland set itself to 50 years ago.

I looked it up and apparently Disneyland passports cost $12 in 1982. With inflation, that same price would be about $24 in 2005 according to the inflation calculator on the Internet. That's $24 for a 1-Day Disneyland passport today! Something is VERY wrong when the cost of a ticket more than doubles, even after factoring in inflation, after just 23 years. When taking into account what's been added since 1982 (Splash Mountain, Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, HISTA, Star Tours, Indy, maybe a couple others), not to mention what's been REMOVED and never replaced, it just doesn't seem like Disney deserves to be charging us more than double what they charged us 23 years ago. Although I must admit, the 1983 redo of Fantasyland was very impressive. It's interesting that even with a full Land redo they didn't hike the 1-day admissions beyond the cost of inflation. And even assuming Disney flooded us with new rides from 1994 to 2005, that's still just par for the course for Disney. That is *expected* of them, we should not have to pay extra for those kinds of achievements. We don't give the car companies a pat on the back when our cars start up and drive us to work, because we expect that from them...it's no different for Disney. And it's not like we asked them to be held up to a higher standard, they did it themselves from the beginning and as customers we should hold them to their self-applied high standard.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-20-2005 at 08:33 PM.

• Banned User

I got my 4 day parkhopper olde price..

Now i got my rooms.. entrance tickets.. now all i need is to find a good coffee place for when i am waiting in line on 7/17.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast