Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

Napa Rose has a very romantic view of Disney's California Adventure.

If you've never been to Blue Bayou, I'd go with that experience. Napa Rose is better food at higher prices but if you're with the one you love, that's all that matters.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I prefer the outside deck at Catal in DTD to either BB or Napa.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    Thanks! I have eaten at the BB once but it was several years ago. LOVE the setting - I just don't know that anything else comes close - but I remember being particularly unimpressed with the food. We will definitely at least take a look at Napa Rose. Seems to be the general consensus that they are #1 at the park for food.

Thanks again all....and if anyone else wants to add to the list feel free. We will be there for 4 nights so we may do both!
    Big Question: Not sure if you mentioned this already but are you staying on property?

My wife and I just celebrated our anniversary in April and like you I was looking for something unique. I was introduced to a private balcony dinner for guests staying on property. The dinner was at the GCH with a perfect view of the fireworks. It can be pricey but it was extremely unique and something we had never experienced before. The service was incredible and they treated us like royalty. The dinner doesn't start until 8:30??? but that was because they wanted to make sure the your dinner coordinated with the fireworks show.

Here are some photos from the dinner:

Let me know if you would like some more information...good luck!

Cool idea but we aren't staying at a resort hotel (we do at WDW but not DLR - too expensive and we are't at the hotel much anyway. with the other hotels so close and cheap we prefer to spend the money on other stuff - WDW totally worth it with the transportation, etc)

The Vineyard Room, allows you to watch DCA light up as the sun sets. It's just high enough that you get away from the din of the crowds below. The food is absolutely fantastic, service excellent, and is a good value. If you time it right, you'll get a command view of the parade as well.

Blue Bayou is sometimes tough to get a table near the water, and there are tables in odd corners of that restaurant that make the ambiance a complete waste. I'd also agree that the food is average.

Napa Rose is, well Napa Rose. Dining doesn't get much better than that, but it is expensive. Book your PS early!

Thumbs down Re: Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

I would skip the Blue Bayou if you are looking for romantic. There is nothing romantic about cafeteria food being served in the middle of an amusement park ride. The BB is the most over rated restaurant I have ever visited.

• I love this place!

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with either Napa Rose or Steakhouse '55, but once again I have to throw my 2 cents in for Hook's Pointe!

• Grim Grinning Ghost

I'd say Napa Rose or Rainforest Cafe at DTD, but on the outside balcony not inside too loud for a romantic dinner. The foods great, usually nice weather (esp. with summer coming up), and you can usually hear the jazz guitarist playing from there which just adds to the ambiance-

"I Want That Simple Life"

B.F.F.=Brian Fyfe Forever
    4-8-1983 to 4-28-2010

• done

Napa Rose, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I say you do lunch at bayou along the river and dinner @ napa rose :] than catch the monorail back into the park and watch the fireworks.
    This is an excellent suggestion and compromise, IMHO.

I think one of the best things about the Blue Bayou is eating there for lunch...simply because it's perpetually nighttime there...and that just adds to the magic and romance of the place at daytime lunches, IMHO.

Then for dinner...do Napa, or Vineyard Room, or Steakhouse 55, or Hook's Pointe...whatever.

I will add however that I personally think a traditional "romantic dinner" should be about the two of you...and not about the place so much. That's why I prefer and suggest the quieter locations (and some might equate that with a lower kiddie ratio, too) for that nice "romantic dinner." And in that I'd lean toward Steakhouse 55. Too much hustle and bustle at most of the other spots, IMHO.

It's really kind of hard to have a true romantic dinner for two within a theme park environment. It's just the nature of the beast and natural dynamic of such places that they tend to be very "busy."

When you're focusing on the wonderful person sitting across or next to you, and not the surroundings...that's a romantic dinner! I usually find the most romantic dinners are rather simple at their base: A quiet table with an unobtrusive waitstaff, some nice candlelight or lighting, nice lite background music, good food and wine. YOU provide the rest.

Distractions such as loud music, waitstaff that are overly friendly or hover too much, crowded noisy dining rooms, flame-firing open "show kitchens"...those are best for casual or friendly and fun dinners. But for romance? Naw. Not for us.

But Blue Bayou for lunch...yeah...I've always recommended that over dinner there.

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

Blue Bayou is a wonderful place for a romantic meal. I too would recommend going for lunch, as the portions are comparable and the prices are much lower. I've never had a bad meal at the Bayou, and the service is generally very nice. I don't know what everyone else has that people don't like, but the prime rib is always good.

The thing that makes it nice is that it is appreciably more quiet than it is outdoors, and dark is always romantic. The other suggestions, Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, and such are also nice, but they have more of a corporatized feel. You could be in any restaurant in any hotel in the country. You know where you are when you're at the Bayou.

Also, it isn't too hard to get a table by the water if you ask nicely and you're willing to wait. I've found that the magic phrase "Is it possible to wait for a table near the water?" has always done the trick. Bon apetit!

• Still wants to be a cat!

NAPA ROSE.....No doubt!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• is too darn hot.

While I've never been to the Napa Rose I did take my girlfriend to the Vineyard Room inside DCA for her 21st birthday. It is still one of the most amazing dining experiences of my life. The ambiance is great, there's usually a nice breeze blowing through, and as others have said, you get the best view of the Electrical Parade you could possibly get. Time it incorrectly, though, and you could get the High School Musical going by. I'd plan on a reservation maybe a half hour to forty-five minutes before parade time and order one of the prix fixe dinners with a flight of wines. Truly a fine dining experience.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• ap holder

i disagree with rainforest cafe :/

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I'd say Napa Rose or Rainforest Cafe at DTD, but on the outside balcony not inside too loud for a romantic dinner. The foods great, usually nice weather (esp. with summer coming up), and you can usually hear the jazz guitarist playing from there which just adds to the ambiance-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12