Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

My DH and I would like to have a romantic anniversary dinner one night during our vacation. We were thinking the Bayou, but we haven't been to DLR since DCA and DTD opened and I know there are a lot of new restaurants. Should we stick to the Bayou or try something new?
    Thanks!

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Romantic Dinner - Bayou or ????

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    My DH and I would like to have a romantic anniversary dinner one night during our vacation. We were thinking the Bayou, but we haven't been to DLR since DCA and DTD opened and I know there are a lot of new restaurants. Should we stick to the Bayou or try something new?
    Thanks!
    If you've already eaten at the Bayou I'd try the Napa Rose. I've eaten at both. Though nothing can beat the Bayou in ambiance, Napa Rose has better food.

• Fighter Pilot

yeah Bayou is only good for the environment really, and if you get a table closer to the water rather then by the entrance

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Napa Rose at the GC Hotel has MUCH better food for the $$ IMHO. But nothing quite beats the ambience of the Bayou esp. if you're seated near the water.....

My wife and I just celebrated an anniversary there recently and had a fantastic time. I hadn't been in years and she had never been.

I would recommend lunch rather than dinner. The lunch menu is less expensive, however the ambiance is the same.

Definitely call to make a Priority Seating. We were able to get a waterside table because of it.

While the Bayou may not be the overall best dining experience at the Resort, it's something you should do at least once.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Napa Rose is DELISH! But so is the Vineyard Room, which has a great view of DCA. At both, the CMs are fantastic.
    BB, on the other hand, I've only had bad experiences at. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

You might even want to consider Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I love both the Blue Bayou and Napa Rose. You'll have a great time at either one but I would recommend the Napa Rose after dusk. There's something more magical about the big picture window when it's darker outside. It comes down to whether you want to eat inside or outside the park. I don't believe there is any restaurant in DTD that I would recommend for a romantic evening.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    Thanks!
    Napa Rose has better food, but you cannot beat BB for atmosphere--a romantic water-side table? Are you kidding me?

• official corn dog taster

anyplace but the BB...id rather eat at the corndog cart and sit on the curb...
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• :)

I say you do lunch at bayou along the river and dinner @ napa rose :] than catch the monorail back into the park and watch the fireworks.

• n/a

I take my lady to the BB for special dinners at the park. Request Nancy as your server.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    If you've already eaten at the Bayou I'd try the Napa Rose. I've eaten at both. Though nothing can beat the Bayou in ambiance, Napa Rose has better food.
    i've eaten at both places too with some girl...napa rose is way more romantic than bayou
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• I'm not really here

I can't say anything about the Napa Rose, but we enjoy the Blue Bayou by the water. We ate at Wine Country Tratorria this trip (over by Grizzly Peak in DCA) and it was very good too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Thanks! I have eaten at the BB once but it was several years ago. LOVE the setting - I just don't know that anything else comes close - but I remember being particularly unimpressed with the food. We will definitely at least take a look at Napa Rose. Seems to be the general consensus that they are #1 at the park for food.

Thanks again all....and if anyone else wants to add to the list feel free. We will be there for 4 nights so we may do both!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast