Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Help me pick a Disneyland hotel!

Ok, looks like I'll be able to squeeze 3 days of DLR action out of my next Anaheim trip, but I need to pick a place to stay. I've never stayed there on my own dime.. just the company bill so I'm not familar with the area.

I'd prefer an actual hotel vs a motel.. but as long as the place is safe and clean I'd venture staying in one of the motels. I'd prefer some place walking distance or with GOOD shuttle service (how do the shuttles work on leaving the parks??). Budget would prefer $100 or less a night, but I'm flexible if the expense is worth it.

Input from the regulars?

Most trips I stay in a Holiday Inn/type place.. so I'm not looking for the Ritz, but I don't want to be scared of the floor either!

Thanks

•   
    • Kerplookee

Re: Help me pick a Disneyland hotel!

There are so many good places. I would suggest Priceline..there are some drawbacks like paying for parking and not within walking distance but I have never been disappointed.

If you are going to pick a hotel/motel on your own I can only tell you: DO NOT stay at the Alamo Inn. Worst place ever.

Always check trip advisor...
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

If you book and pay in advance the Holiday Inn on South Walnut goes for about $72 a night. Easy walking distance. I've stayed here many times and have never had a problem.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I normally book through hotwire and have had steller success.. but since location is so critical, I'm a little learly of just going on the ratings (which I've never had an issue with)

• I love this place!

Price fluctuates a lot depending on the date(s) of your trip. You can get a nice room at a decent (Holiday Inn) type place for around $70 a night if you can go off season. That same room can run you $150 if it's during a busy time. Try Bret's Lodging map at:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

This allows you to link directly to the various area hotels where you should be able to enter your dates and get a rate, or at least get a phone number.

We've stayed at several places on Harbor Blvd. from the Ramada north to the Park Inn Int'l. Within walking distance, never seen a bug or been worried about the area.

Also, book as early as you can. I've snagged a room for $59 by reserving 4-5 months ahead, only to see the same room be $139 when our friends decided 3 months later to come with us!
    Last edited by 5hr drive; 05-15-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added

• Pilot EdForceOne

Where can you enter the park on foot at? I know DTD has a monorail stop.. the entrance plaza is on the east side.. can you get in any other side?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

My favorites within walking distance are

Best Western Park Place Inn
    Camelot Inn & Suites
    Hojos

Driving Distance-
    hands down-Shertaon Anaheim

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rock Star Minion

There are some hotels north of the park, and you can walk to the M&F shuttles.
    Monorail is not a mass-transit device as WDW's is.

For above Holiday-Inn on the quality scale, try Marriott or Hilton near convention center, or Sheraton north of park.

Shuttle service is communal.
    Here's a complicated ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) map. Enjoy!

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We always use priceline 'name your own price'. We stay in 3* of better and have always had shuttle service available. I would recommend if you use priceline check out www.biddingfortravel.com to see what others have bid on the dates you are going. They also show a list of what hotels usually come up.

• That Guy

Flynn,

I have used hotwire a TON and always done outstanding!!! I highly recommend that you choose the 'Customer favorite' hotel, it is usually Hyatt Garden Grove, which is sooooo comfy. I have stayed there many, many times and love it. There is a free shuttle to DLR which is super easy, and only makes one stop, as opposed to art and a ton of stops. Another benefit of the hotel, is when you're there, you feel away from the resort, and by that I mean that it is calming and relaxing AND they have a starbucks in the lobby. It is heaven.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We always use priceline 'name your own price'. We stay in 3* of better and have always had shuttle service available. I would recommend if you use priceline check out www.biddingfortravel.com to see what others have bid on the dates you are going. They also show a list of what hotels usually come up.

Hey Neighbor,

I tried to do this yesterday, after looking at biddingfortravel.com and it didn't work for me. I tried a three star hotel for $55, as advertised and didn't get any love. I think I may stick with Hotwire. I wish you could just call the hotel directly and just say, Look, can you just give me the best possible deal? I tried that and it didn't pan out, I guess they don't have the power to make it happen?

If you're staying on Harbor, like the Fairfield(which I don't recommend) or Howard Johnson (which I highly recommend), you walk a few hundred feet to the light and cross the street to enter at the same point as the shuttles. HoJo also offers the shuttle, but it's only a 5-7 minute walk. You can check out www.mousesavers.com for suggestions as well.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Flynn,

I have used hotwire a TON and always done outstanding!!! I highly recommend that you choose the 'Customer favorite' hotel, it is usually Hyatt Garden Grove, which is sooooo comfy. I have stayed there many, many times and love it. There is a free shuttle to DLR which is super easy, and only makes one stop, as opposed to art and a ton of stops. Another benefit of the hotel, is when you're there, you feel away from the resort, and by that I mean that it is calming and relaxing AND they have a starbucks in the lobby. It is heaven.

I agree with Max, except I can't comment on Hotwire, since I've never used them.

We've used Priceline a few times and have always paid only $50 bucks for the Hyatt/Garden Grove. Put in for a three star or better and start at 50 bucks. You'll more than likely get it.

As mentioned, the Hyatt has their own free shuttle. Forget that FART system. Not only do you have to pay, but they are overcrowded and have way too many other stops. Plus the drivers that we've had were RUDE.

Plus you are right next door to good restaurants (Red Robin, yum!) and even Target.

Very cumfy rooms and great service.

Enjoy!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Shuttle service is communal.
    Here's a complicated ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) map. Enjoy!

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf
    Bonus! That really helps and diffuses the choice a bit.

more research tonight

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    I agree with Max, except I can't comment on Hotwire, since I've never used them.
    What I don't like about priceline is you can't really browse... you put in numbers and you're committed. Hotwire allows you to browse the selections and choices. The issue is the 'area' hotwire uses for DL is pretty big (mostly east of I-5) so a bit worried about what I'll get.

Thanks for the information!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast