Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Restaurants you love or hate

I got lots of great input for recommendations for our romantic/fine dining night....hoping to get some similar recommendations for eateries to be sure to hit (or miss!) for the rest of the lunches/dinners, most of which will be in the economy or moderate range.

Keep in mind we have made many trips to DL but this will be our first since the opening of DCA and DTD so focusing in on those in particular (or changes at DL) would be most helpful. We will be spending 5 days, 4 nights so we definitely need some variety!

Thanks guys!

• For old time sake

Re: Restaurants you love or hate

Hate: Tortilla Joe's

Love: Ralph Brennan's Jazz kitchen, Plaza Inn
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I know this is going to sound absolutely disgusting but my friend and I can never do a DL trip without a hot dog on Main Street. With cheese sauce. Once you try it, providing you like hot dogs and processed cheese, you'll have to have it every time!

• Fighter Pilot

I love all the restaurants, but a majority don't serve food that appeals to me so that usually limits whereever I choose to go

• ap holder

love cafe orleans, blue bayou,carnation cafe, condor flats, plaza inn, bengal barbeque, alot ha.
    hate jazz kitchen, redd rockets & french market restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I know this is going to sound absolutely disgusting but my friend and I can never do a DL trip without a hot dog on Main Street. With cheese sauce. Once you try it, providing you like hot dogs and processed cheese, you'll have to have it every time!

We always do Hungry Bear. Is it my imagination or do they really have better burgers than elsewhere in the park? Village Haus is a close second for burgers but I remember bad burgers in Tomorrowland.

We usually do mexican at the restaurant by BTM but the name has changed so many times I can never remember it. It is usually ok but if there is better Mexican food elsewhere let me know!

I saw some pictures of chowder bowls, somewhere at DCA? Those looked good.

I remember bad experiences with Pizza (we pretty much avoid Tomorrowland food).

I do like Bengal but more for a snack.

Love Cafe Orleans or the French Market with the buffet style and outdoor seating overlooking ROA?

I am looking forward to some expanded choices this trip! Yay for some variety!

if you are wantin to spend the big bucks one night, i highly reccommend napa rose inside the grand californian hotel. great food (although the portion sizes are only so-so), incredible service (think brand new/refilled glass of water after virtually each and every sip), really high end dining but like i said, be prepared to spend some dinero on it

wow i totally missed the whole "casual dining" part of the question....that all nighter i pulled last night must finally be catching up with me lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• For old time sake

More loves: Storytellers, Cove Bar appetizers (and drinks), Award Weiner's, White Water Snacks

More hates: Taste Pilots
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Miss Marvel

DCA LOVE: Boudin Pacific Wharf Cafe (salads and soups in YUMMY sourdough bread bowls baked that day ON PREMISES!), Cove Bar (lobster nachos!),

DCA HATE: I've never eaten anywhere else!

DTD LOVE: Jazz Kitchen (Coconut Shrimp and Raw Oysters),

DTD HATE: Naples Ristorante (AWFUL pasta sauces)

Disneyland LOVE: Cafe Orleans (Shrimp Salad, Pommes Frites!!!!), River Belle Terrace (Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl with Green Salad, you don't get it with a salad anywhere else in the park), Bengal BBQ (meat and veggie skewers), French Market (almost anything I have there is good, it's cafeteria style French Quarter food, EXCELLENT Desserts), Redd Rockett's (don't care for the pizza, but the pasta is surprisingly good)

Disneyland HATE: I don't hate anything, all the food is at least acceptable, it's just that I try to avoid the burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers (etc.), as I can get that stuff anywhere, and for better prices.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

Well, you didn't ask for good snacks, but here's my vote anyways.

Tiki Room Juice Bar: DOLE WHIPS, drool

Churro Cart: overcharging, but I've never had a better churro than at DL

Frozen Banana at Ice Cream Cart: YUM

Gibson Girl: Sundaes, oh my gosh Sundaes

Pooh's Corner: hand made fudge, cookies, chocolate covered everything (Cookies, Marshmallows, Fruit, etc.), caramel apples.........
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Rancho =
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    We always do Hungry Bear. Is it my imagination or do they really have better burgers than elsewhere in the park? Village Haus is a close second for burgers but I remember bad burgers in Tomorrowland.

We usually do mexican at the restaurant by BTM but the name has changed so many times I can never remember it. It is usually ok but if there is better Mexican food elsewhere let me know!

I saw some pictures of chowder bowls, somewhere at DCA? Those looked good.

I remember bad experiences with Pizza (we pretty much avoid Tomorrowland food).

I do like Bengal but more for a snack.

Love Cafe Orleans or the French Market with the buffet style and outdoor seating overlooking ROA?

I am looking forward to some expanded choices this trip! Yay for some variety!

I avoid Village Haus as I have heard numerous food poisoning stories. (There was also a recent poll on here voting for the best and worst burgers. Best went to Hungry Bear and Taste Pilot's in DCA. Worst went to Village Haus.)

The BTM Mexican is now Rancho del Zocalo. I'm pretty sure it's sponsored by Ortega.

Chowder bowls are Pacific Wharf Cafe at DCA. Or Riverbelle Terrace, or Royal Street Veranda in Disneyland

• Neep meep beep

Hate: The service at Jazz Kitchen, and the food and service at Tortilla Jos and Rainforest Cafe

Love: The amazing service at ESPN Zone, and the food at Napa Rose.

• Googly eyed

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Rancho =
    yuck on your face. Rancho is awesome
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

• Winter in Oceanside...

Loves: (casual food)
    DCA: Pacific Wharf Cafe - yummy sandwiches on delish sourdough.
    DL: French Market, Carnation, Bengal BBQ
    DTD: Jazz Kitchen, Uva

Hates:
    DL: Pizza Port (for pizza), Village Haus
    DTD: Tortilla Joes

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast