Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Miss Disneyland

Im in Orlando, and Just wanted to let everyone know I miss my home park....

there are some major diffrences, and things i would love to see at disneyland....

What would you want brought over to Disneyland from Disneyworld?

can't wait for the subs to get going....i heard a spoiler in the ride cant say what the thing is but should be cool.... i have

visit my site if you are interested in pictures from my visit to orlando... up to the minute pictures for those interested in DW pics.... i want to share with all my disneyland friends....

http://rze51.smugmug.com/Travel
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Senior Minion

Re: I Miss Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by rze51 View Post

What would you want brought over to Disneyland from Disneyworld?

http://rze51.smugmug.com/Travel
    Bring Country Bears back and Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress(return).

Great photos of the Castle!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Bring Loomis back to Disneyland! It's been too long!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

I agree with Tic. The Country Bears were a far more entertaining attraction than the "Pooh" that occupies the space now! The new ride is such a cheap and poorly designed "carnival" like attempt at keeping the folks occupied so they spend more money on popcorn and soda pop. Let's face it, this ride simply isn't worth giving up the "Bears" caliber of quality and entertainment. And what's more, with there not being too much else to experience back there, since the restaurant is seldom opened and splash mountain is, more often than not, broken down, This entire end of the park appears to be plunging itself into the same obscurity as Tomorrowland was a few years ago.
    But wait Tic, I'll see your Bears, and raise you a Circlevision! I can't believe they took out something as great as the Circlevision theatre to install what can best be described as an overblown penny arcade game. This has to be one of the worst examples of design, research and purchasing on the executive level that I have seen to date. I know this little brainstorm must have cost at least twenty times what they paid for the "Pooh" they dropped over in the forest but, unbelievably, it has even less entertainment value unless you are under the age of seven and have never been out of the house in your entire life. Talk about a geographical error. I just know that somebody on the planning or construction crew wasn't paying attention to where this "attraction" was supposed to be installed becaused they missed the perfect location by about 450 feet......The lower level of The Tomorrowland Arcade!!! This ride just stinks of corporate despair. It had to have been designed on a working weekend bar-b-que at Eisners (or some other exec) by a team of yes men (and/or women) who based the need for such a calamity on stats and charts that the WED accountants brought along with the chips and buns. Now, I have been called a Disney fanatic, a Disney freak and a host of other terms of ignorance because I spend so much time here and maintain a vigilant and opinionated watch on the "progress" of the park and adherance to the Disney standard of quality, and usually when an arguement ensues regarding developements as lame as those I have just mentioned, my counter-pointer will usually, in their last line of defense, refer to the statement made by Uncle Walt himself about how the park will "never be finished and it will keep changing". I usually stop them right there and have to correct them with the fact that Walt mentions "Growing", Adding to" and "Will never be finished" but not once does he mention removing or replacing anything in the park. Yes, this may seem like an overly concerned attitude toward a relatively unimportant subject considering the state of our worlds affairs but, in my little corner of the world, I believe it means more than many people realize. This park is not just a plot of land, a daily sales total, a ticket gate head count or a boardroom pie chart. It's a place where people and frames of mind are discovered. Where a sense of wonder and security put you wherever your imagination wants to be. It's a place where the creative spirit is challenged and fueled simultaneously. And that goes for all of us. All of us "kids" of all ages cannot help but succumb to the magic of this place. It hits you like a freight train once you pass through the tunnels, if not before. Childrens minds are launched and shaped here, which is exactly what their parents want to happen. They bring their kids here to experience what they did at their age. They hope that the little bolts of inspiration will do to their kids what they did to them by setting them off on their paths to being model citizens, friends of the wilderness, aerospace technicians, inventors or any of the millions of paths that others have been put on since they saw their first audio-animatronics display or "forced perspective" designed city street or they closely inspected the detail with which the "jungle" had been re-created. Is this a situation in which you'd want your kid doing what you probably had to stop him or her from doing when you left the house to get here........playing video arcade type games?????? I believe that more inspiration can be derived from a short cinematic trip across the united states in which your kid will be shown more of lifes adventures, places and possibilities than could ever be found in a nintendo unit. It worked on me!!!
    Well Tic, Does that sound anything like what you were thinking?? I sure hope I have not offended anyone or overstepped my boundaries, with this being my first posting on this site and all. I had tried to introduce myself the day I registered but my attempt was thwarted by this sites, and my computers inability to see eye to eye so, here I am, a long time subject (first visited in November of 1969) of the Kingdom and a friend and supporter of all things Disney. I don't always gripe about things so, please don't hesitate to type me if a point or two stirs your tanks.

im going back to epcot.... my last day at the parks.... i will be taking pictures of all i can.... did i also mention that the france pavillion has the most beautiful castmember ever there.... she is in one of the galleries of pictures i have taken... she has this french accent and is really from france.... very nice !
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

• Progressive Disneylander

There are probably many things that I'd like to see at Disneyland that are currently in Disney World, but if I'm just going to pick one thing, I'll go with Mission: Space.

Oh, I forgot about Dinosaur! I don't care how similar the actual ride is to Indy, it's still really fun!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mxfxdlg View Post
    I agree with Tic. The Country Bears were a far more entertaining attraction than the "Pooh" that occupies the space now! The new ride is such a cheap and poorly designed "carnival" like attempt at keeping the folks occupied so they spend more money on popcorn and soda pop. Let's face it, this ride simply isn't worth giving up the "Bears" caliber of quality and entertainment.
    While I agree that Country Bears was much more entertaining, to call Pooh a "cheap and poorly designed carnival like" attraction is to insult Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad and Alice. Pooh has a much higher quality of dark ride technology than those 5 rides put together. It follows the same story telling methods as those rides (vignettes from the movies, or in the case of Pooh, scenes from various of the stories). There are much newer and nicer effects than in the older 5 rides. Less entertaining maybe. A cheap and poorly designed ride, certainly not. Not without putting down the other dark rides.

Quote Originally Posted by mxfxdlg View Post
    I usually stop them right there and have to correct them with the fact that Walt mentions "Growing", Adding to" and "Will never be finished" but not once does he mention removing or replacing anything in the park.
    No, Walt never did specifically mention removing or replacing, but he certainly DID remove and replace things. Main Street shooting gallery, Babes in Toyland Exhibit, Hall of Chemistry, Space Station X-1, Rocket to the Moon, Mission to Mars, World Beneath Us, Aluminum Hall of Fame, The Viewliner, House of the Future, Flying Saucers, Canal Boats of the World (re themed to Storybook Land), Mickey Mouse Club Theater, the Circus, Jungle Killers, Junior/Midget Autopia, Davy Crockett Museum, Mule Pack, Stage Coach, Conestoga Wagons, Rainbow Caverns Mine Train, Mineral Hall. And lest we forget, and entire LAND: Holidayland was removed by Walt. If Holidayland wasn't removed, you wouldn't have Haunted Mansion or NOS at all. It was removed to make way for them.

So Walt may never have said anything about removing or replacing or rethemeing things/lands, but his actions certainly speak louder than words ever could.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I live in Maine, How do you think I feel?

I guess it could be worse
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hmmm.
    Their Peter Pan ride - Can we have 2 of those?
    Or their Big Thunder? I'd be OK with replacing ours with theirs
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by rze51 View Post
    i will be taking pictures of all i can.... did i also mention that the france pavillion has the most beautiful castmember ever there.... she is in one of the galleries of pictures i have taken... she has this french accent and is really from france.... very nice !
    Did you get a photo?

• I'm Flying High

I really want to go to WDW after seeing those pics! I've never been!
    The daydream princess

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Hmmm.
    Their Peter Pan ride - Can we have 2 of those?
    Or their Big Thunder? I'd be OK with replacing ours with theirs
    Dang, the two rides i didnt go on....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Did you get a photo?
    she wasnt there the two times i went.... but i have some nice pics from today...

can't wait to get back to disneyland.... who is going to the disney premiere tommorow....

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Okay, you guys are gonna laugh... but I haven't been to Disneyland since MiceChat's 2nd anniversary in late January and it feels like years!!

Oh, andf bring back the Peoplemover, CBJ... and the Kaiser "Hall of Aluminum Fame". Truly, a classic!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast