• Disneyland Goober

Another question about the subs...

I had asked this on another thread, but I don't think it was answered. Sorry if this is a dumb question or redundant of all the other threads. If you are completely in the dark about this ride, you might not want to read further. I was wondering if anyone knew if there would be lots of "fish/sea creature replicas" or will it be mostly the new projection technology? I've seen in some pics that there is a scuba diver, a huge fish of some sort, and the crabs fighting, but that's all I've seen. I'm sure they might add a little more, but I still would like to know if anyone has any idea. This thought came to me after seeing all the pics before the lagoon was filled and after I saw only a few "replica" items. I'm sure there is a lot in the show building, but what about the lagoon? Thanks!

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Another question about the subs...

Based on the old sub ride, there will be some fish and crustations and maybe the Moray Ells will be back peering out of their rocky homes as the subs cruise by. There used to be a lot of underseas life in the lagoon, but most of it could only be seen from the subs. And, if they do like they did before, anything seen on the right side will be duplicated on the left side so you can sit on either side. But, that being said, if you can manage to sit on the right side you will get a better view into the lagoon as the left is almost up against the end of the lagoon so your viewing length is limited, while the right side is wide open into the lagoon. If that diver is in the laggon, maybe he will only be seen from the right side as I don't know if there is enough room on the left side for that size figure. I guess we will just have to wait and see. And I am sure that in the show building there will be all kinds of undersea life to see.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland Goober

Thanks Lost Boy. I loved the first sub ride so I hope they have just as much "sea life" as it did before. I read about the new technology they were implementing, so I hope they didn't decrease the original amount of "fishes/sea creatures" by too much. And I can't wait to see what's in the show building! I think I only sat the right side all the times I went on. I hope it's a mirror image on both sides. I can't wait to go on the ride...the subs have been gone for FAR TOO LONG!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Squidgit View Post
    Thanks Lost Boy. I loved the first sub ride so I hope they have just as much "sea life" as it did before. I read about the new technology they were implementing, so I hope they didn't decrease the original amount of "fishes/sea creatures" by too much. And I can't wait to see what's in the show building! I think I only sat the right side all the times I went on. I hope it's a mirror image on both sides. I can't wait to go on the ride...the subs have been gone for FAR TOO LONG!
    I can promise you that it wont have nearly as many animatronics or fish characters for the same reason that they wont ever make another pirates of the caribbean or haunted mansion. Disney tries to keep AA figures down to a minimum these days because they cost a lot to create initially and take a lot to maintain, that goes double for underwater attractions because now they have to waterproof them.