Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: no balcony for fantasmic

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Well, no, it's called sarcasm. That's what my first post was. You guys are acting like it's a tragedy that the balcony is closed. I was merely joking that you will have to join all the regular guests at DL who don't pay for fancy seating and desserts down on the floor. Can't help that you guys are getting butt-hurt over my sarcasm.
    Actually, the seating isn't all fancy. We regularly do the Riverside seating. The desserts are good, but for me, its the service that is outstanding. The Riverside Fantasmic! crew is the best around. They go out of their way to make your visit just that little bit more magical.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

We are relegated to the disabled seating area so we don't get the straight, full on show. We've never been able to aford the balcony. We do however get to be very close to the boats that come by with all the characters on it. Of course instead of getting someone putting their child on their shoulders in front of us, we have a rock right in the middle of the area. Nevertheless, we still get a very good show and really missed it when we were there two weeks ago. Does anyone know if there are two disabled seating areas? Maybe we can have a different vantage point this time?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    IMHO, I would get more entertainment by burning my cash, then spending the $$ to sit up there and eat average desserts. I was SO disappointed when I was there to watch the show. The desserts were Costco rejects, and I really found it lacking. There are so many ways I could better spend the money, so now I do.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. The chocolate covered strawberries are incredible. The cheesecake is the same cheesecake you get in the rest of the park. The strawberry filled shortbread cookies are the best I have ever had, nothing even close at Costco.

Now, we do Riverside instead of Balcony because of the claustrophobia issues, but we really enjoy it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. The chocolate covered strawberries are incredible. The cheesecake is the same cheesecake you get in the rest of the park. The strawberry filled shortbread cookies are the best I have ever had, nothing even close at Costco.

Now, we do Riverside instead of Balcony because of the claustrophobia issues, but we really enjoy it.

I respect your opinion, so I will try the Riverside instead. It is possible they had a bad night too, but man, it was just not worth it.

How much is Riverside? My GF has NEVER seen the show, so maybe that would be a cool surprise for her. Can you give me any details that would be helpful? Thanks Mal

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post

Do most of the desserts have strawberries? My daughter is highly allergic...

• :)

Balcony? I'll grab a nice cold beverage and watch it on youtube.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
    Do most of the desserts have strawberries? My daughter is highly allergic...
    To strawberries? How sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Balcony? I'll grab a nice cold beverage and watch it on youtube.
    LOL

• Minion

Pay me 50.00 and I'll sit and reserve your space for you right in the center near the front. For an additional fee I'll bring you some donuts from Krispy Kreme.

If you feel like wasting that kind of money on getting good seats for the show at least give the money away to someone who needs the money.

Um, no...it's called why are you guys sounding like you're getting your hopes and dreams dashed because they closed the almighty balcony indefinetly? It's a friggin balcony with some fancy desserts. Yeah...I'm really bitter that I can't do that. I could do that if I wanted to waste money on a spot to see a show I've seen tons of times but I could find plenty of other places in Disneyland to waste...er, spend my money on.
    Okay I haven't been in twelve years and have NEVER seen Fantasmic so maybe be a bit more pleasant if you want to reply to my threads. Sorry I'm not a pass holder who gets to go every other weekend. This trip special to me,I planned the balcony as I've heard it was awesome,the whole experience. We are spending alot of money on this trip and would like it to be special and the balcony buffet was part of that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I respect your opinion, so I will try the Riverside instead. It is possible they had a bad night too, but man, it was just not worth it.

How much is Riverside? My GF has NEVER seen the show, so maybe that would be a cool surprise for her. Can you give me any details that would be helpful? Thanks Mal
    Last time we went (Jan) it was $59. They are changing the set up, but it sounds like it will be better than before. Check in early and let them know its your GF first time. The folks that work there are great. Bora and Laura both rock!

As for strawberries, just tell them ahead of time and they will keep the strawberries out.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

To strawberries? How sad...

I know...she loves strawberries! Hasn't been able to eat them for almost four years now...*sniff*

• I'm not really here

I'm wondering why it is so incredibly expensive and increasing by so much so often. The show is free, so they aren't charging you for that. There is no way they need to be charging that much for the seats themselves, so it must be the food. Call me cheap but there is no way I would pay even $50 for deserts, etc to watch Fantasmic! I'll go to Bengal Barbeque or the Dole Whip stand and then meander over to my sitting only section.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

well we are only going for 6 days and with nemo opening and everything being crazy busy we just wanted to make the most of our time and not have to wait for 2 hours,it's the convenience and the luxury of it really,might not be special for people who go all the time but for someone who hasn't seen it I thought it would be a special treat!
    Last edited by VWCat; 05-16-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VWCat View Post
    well we are only going for 6 days and with nemo opening and everything being crazy busy we just wanted to make the most of our time and not have to wait for 2 hours,it's the convenience and the luxury of it really,might not be special for people who go all the time but for someone who hasn't seen it I thought it would be a special treat!
    Don't worry about it. It will be great. I also enjoy it and to me it is worth it. My kids thought it would be money thrown out, but now their first question is "Are we doing seating at Fantasmic!?"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast