Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: no balcony for fantasmic

I like you...

Quote Originally Posted by VWCat View Post
    well we are only going for 6 days and with nemo opening and everything being crazy busy we just wanted to make the most of our time and not have to wait for 2 hours,it's the convenience and the luxury of it really,might not be special for people who go all the time but for someone who hasn't seen it I thought it would be a special treat!
    You will have a great time! Don't let others ruin your fun. Have fun!!!

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

I like you...
    *looks around, points at self, shrugs*

Me???

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    You will have a great time! Don't let others ruin your fun. Have fun!!!
    This is a good point. I know I've knocked it, but that's because it isn't for me. If you want to do it, I say go for it. Sad that it won't be up for you to enjoy though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

well we are only going for 6 days and with nemo opening and everything being crazy busy we just wanted to make the most of our time and not have to wait for 2 hours,it's the convenience and the luxury of it really,might not be special for people who go all the time but for someone who hasn't seen it I thought it would be a special treat!
    Exactly! It's not about the show, it's about the experience. You're going to have a great time. After 15 years, that show gets me every time, even still.
    A signature should go here.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Our family did the balcony seating once, while it was nice, I was disappointed in how crammed the seats (reminded me of airline roominess!) are and how few seats are really "front row"...we were checked in early but the party in front of us had the entire front row - and they had some TALL folks in their party..my poor 4 and 7yr olds (at the time) could hardly see (thankfully one of the tall folks witnessed their stuggles and graciously offered to switch seats with the kids-)...while I found the view stupendous, the little wobbly wire bistro chairs were not nearly as comfortable as the riverside viewings...and so for me, the money was/is better spent with riverside viewing. However, one MUST experience the balcony at least once so if you're making your trip special, by all means, book the TOP SHELF and enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Our family did the balcony seating once, while it was nice, I was disappointed in how crammed the seats (reminded me of airline roominess!) are and how few seats are really "front row"...we were checked in early but the party in front of us had the entire front row - and they had some TALL folks in their party..my poor 4 and 7yr olds (at the time) could hardly see (thankfully one of the tall folks witnessed their stuggles and graciously offered to switch seats with the kids-)...while I found the view stupendous, the little wobbly wire bistro chairs were not nearly as comfortable as the riverside viewings...and so for me, the money was/is better spent with riverside viewing. However, one MUST experience the balcony at least once so if you're making your trip special, by all means, book the TOP SHELF and enjoy!!
    The seating is based on who calls first....at least on the Balcony it is.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I don't like Fantasmic at all, and can't fathom actually paying to see it (yummy desserts and all) but I can totally understand how someone could be disappointed that they couldn't get something they'd wanted. I'm sorry!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm wondering why it is so incredibly expensive and increasing by so much so often. The show is free, so they aren't charging you for that.
    Simple.. you are paying for the privilege of not having to stake out seating and having a 'guaranteed' viewing of the show from a 'good' spot. The amount of space and privilege is limited, so you are paying for access to this commodity.

More demand.. they will raise the price.

thanks for the support everyone,I feel better about it now I'm sure riverside will be awesome!!!

It's funny how people lost their biscuits over tossing something dated and unused like TSI, but get rid of Balcony seating and people are ok with it, weird. I have done the balcony seating four times and it's been great. The experience is worth it, to me. Therein lies the key, to the individual. Some people hate Haunted Mansion (i personally don't know anyone, just flinging poo at the wall) but that shouldn't be a compelling argument for tearing it down to make way for a Herbie: Fully Loaded dark ride, or Grey's Anatomy ER Rumble Ride. My examples suck, i know. But Balcony seats rock the D zippers! Plus for my wife and I, it's our place. Everyone has their spot.
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• Defying gravity

Sorry if I missed something, I didn't read the whole thread.

Why exactly is the balcony closed and this this a permanent change?

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by rdelacruz View Post
    tearing it down to make way for a Herbie: Fully Loaded dark ride, or Grey's Anatomy ER Rumble Ride. My examples suck, i know.
    That's an understatement.

Where did you even come up with those?!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rdelacruz View Post
    It's funny how people lost their biscuits over tossing something dated and unused like TSI, but get rid of Balcony seating and people are ok with it, weird. I have done the balcony seating four times and it's been great. The experience is worth it, to me. Therein lies the key, to the individual. Some people hate Haunted Mansion (i personally don't know anyone, just flinging poo at the wall) but that shouldn't be a compelling argument for tearing it down to make way for a Herbie: Fully Loaded dark ride, or Grey's Anatomy ER Rumble Ride. My examples suck, i know. But Balcony seats rock the D zippers! Plus for my wife and I, it's our place. Everyone has their spot.
    It's because we were not being charged to visit the island. Disney already makes way, way too much money off of guests. Paying them more for "premium" services like the balcony and then having people actually paying these high prices only encourages them to keep on charging as much as they can.

It used to be Walts philosophy to "let the guests leave with memories".....now it's more like "let the guests leave without any money"

• Pilot EdForceOne

I guess this is going to make getting riverside seats even harder.. ugh

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast