Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Re: no balcony for fantasmic

Ok now I have read the entire thread.

So WHY exactly is the balcony being closed? Does anyone know?

• Hillary scares me.

You have to put the cost in perspective. At $68, that's more than the price of a single day admission to either park. You'd equate priority seating for a show you've seen multiple times and Costco reject desserts (LOVED that description btw) to a day at Disneyland?

Going to Disneyland for the first time or only get to visit once in a couple years and have money coming out of every orifice? That's about the only way anyone could every justify paying for the balcony seating. $68 bucks is more than many Americans make in a single day.

You want to buy a golden toilet? That's your choice. But don't try to justify the cost. The fact is, if the balcony seating was so profitable Disney would still be offering it. I don't see many golden toilets being offered these days, either.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    I don't see many golden toilets being offered these days, either.
    Obviously you haven't been up to Club 33!

And let's not even mention those lovely satin butt-gaskets they have up there.

• Hillary scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Obviously you haven't been up to Club 33!

And let's not even mention those lovely satin butt-gaskets they have up there.

What's a butt gasket? Whatever, I'd still love to flaunt one around amongst the commoners with their non-satin butt gaskets.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

If you had seen some of the TRs in the last month or so.. the balcony was getting more and more encroached upon by the construction happening in the gallery and changes they are making up there. This is likely to reduce conflicts between maintaining a guest space and the work they need done up there.

You have to put the cost in perspective. At $68, that's more than the price of a single day admission to either park. You'd equate priority seating for a show you've seen multiple times and Costco reject desserts (LOVED that description btw) to a day at Disneyland?

Going to Disneyland for the first time or only get to visit once in a couple years and have money coming out of every orifice? That's about the only way anyone could every justify paying for the balcony seating. $68 bucks is more than many Americans make in a single day.
    Well when people go on VACATION.. they tend to splurge a bit. This isn't people getting hungry around dinner and going 'hrmm.. who wants McDonalds.. or.. Disneyland?'. People saving up for a trip, will often spend more for something on that trip then they normally would if not on vacation. People want to 'cut loose' and splurge when on vacation if they can. That's why the parks can get away with charging such stupid amounts for even regular things. A large percentage of people will continue to pay it rather then stand ground and go offsite.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

'tending to splurge'....got THAT right...when at Disneyland and my family is on vacation, there is no saying no....everything is magically YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

No one seems to know for sure. And some have been told it is permanent and some that it is temporary.

• Minion

You want to buy a golden toilet? That's your choice. But don't try to justify the cost. The fact is, if the balcony seating was so profitable Disney would still be offering it. I don't see many golden toilets being offered these days, either.
    To further "put it in perspective", Disneyland is one of the few places people will pony up $3 for 31 ounces of water. After that, Balcony seating is cheap.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

At one time I thought like the Fantasmic reserved seat naysayers in this thread. For $60 a person we could spend an entire extra day or two at DLR! I think many DLR vets tend to think this way, not only about the Fantasmic seating but other things as well.

FWIW, during my first WDW trip last year it was eye opening for me to see how WDW visitors put so much attention on special (and often costly reservations). There are lagoon cruises at Epcot to see Illuminations, cruises to see Wishes fireworks at MK, dinner shows outside the parks, character meals, etc., etc., and most all of these are in high demand and often sold out.

We did a few of these things, and now with our first family visit to DLR in the post-WDW era I actually came around to seeing how the Fantasmic reservation might be a cool (and special) thing to do. We have seen Fantasmic 4-5 times from the regular seating area, but I thought it would make for a special experience. Balcony sounded way better to me than riverside, so I was planning to shoot for balcony seats in June. Now I will have to decide whether riverside is worth it.

I agree with Flynnibus. People want to be able to do something special, and are willing to pay for it. Like staying at the DLR hotels. They cost extra but are special (we did it once). There isn't anything wrong with that.

Regular DLR visitors may not grasp it - I didn't either - but occasional visitors who are on multi-day trips (especially those with WDW experience) can better understand why this is a fun thing to do.

• Hillary scares me.

I wish Disneyland would offer a package where they'd let me mow down guests in one of the Main Street Vehicles during Fantasmic. Then I'd really feel superior to everyone else and having a lasting Disney memory to boot.

• Done waiting!!

Since they rebuilt the waterfront area I haven't really had a bad seat for Fantasmic and I don't even camp out for a spot. Despite that though it might be fun to splurge once for the desserts and reserved seats for my birthday or something. Especially if (and when) they've altered the show at all.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Minion

Blog Entries

I have done the riverside seating before and it was great... Definately a worthwhile experience... I had so much fun, had great seats and the desserts were absolutly fantastic...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• :)

It's closed because they're adding a rockin' overlay to club33, it'll soon be home to "in your face beats" around the clock, glow in the dark posters and strobe lights.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Lol... Thats funny...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's closed because they're adding a rockin' overlay to club33, it'll soon be home to "in your face beats" around the clock, glow in the dark posters and strobe lights.
    And a loop of course!
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast