Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Re: no balcony for fantasmic

Thank you. I hadn't put those two together. I knew about the balcony but didn't realize the waterfront was a special event too. I assume this comes with dessert?
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    I don't understand why you are being rude to the people that enjoy the Balcony or want to try it once.

Also, not everyone has seen Fantasmic a ton of times....as you have. Some people only get to visit Disneyland once in their life. It's their vacation....apparently some want to do extra stuff. How is that wrong or bad??
    I agree with bloodnswash. There is no need to be rude to people who have a different opinion, or prefer a different DL experience.

If you visit DL several times a year, and have already seen Fantasmic a dozen times, then the balcony seating probably wouldn't be worth the cost. But some families only visit DL once as their kids are growing up, and try to make it special. They also might want to make the most of their limited time in the park, and do what they can to see the most in one day.

My family and I have only seen Fantasmic once. We saw it from the front row of the balcony seats, and it was one of the best times we ever had at DL. That was a few years ago when the seating was based on when you arrived at the Gallery. My kids were small, and I wanted to get them a good seat. So I got to the Gallery early, and was first in line. I kept our spot while my wife and kids went on more rides.

The Gallery CM's were very nice to me. They brought me a chair, and I read a good book while I waited. They said if I needed to use the restroom, they would hold my spot. We had our choice of seats when the balcony opened.

We thought Fantasmic was great, and we thought the balcony seating was worth every penny.

Hi everybody...new poster here

We're lucky to get to visit DL once a year, and we're hoping to return again this year. We tried the balcony seating last year and LOVED it...very disappointed it isn't available right now. However, you have made the riverside seating sound nice as well...maybe we'll give it a try, too

• Minion

Balcony opened reservations today for 6/15 (I guess construction is complete!) Good luck everyone!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Balcony opened reservations today for 6/15 (I guess construction is complete!) Good luck everyone!
    I've been on micechat since the day it opened and that's be best freaking post ever!

Woo Hoo! I called and I'm balcony booked for my trip in June.

Bravo!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Quality not quantity

Please Note:

If due to the balcony being closed you made reservations for riverside seating when what you really wanted was the balcony the good folks at Disney will happily switch the reservation for you assuming there is room on the night you booked. Just have your reservation number handy when you call.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Please Note:

If due to the balcony being closed you made reservations for riverside seating when what you really wanted was the balcony the good folks at Disney will happily switch the reservation for you assuming there is room on the night you booked. Just have your reservation number handy when you call.
    I hope VWCat see's this. I know she was so bummed about it all.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    I hope VWCat see's this. I know she was so bummed about it all.
    I hope she already did this (or Vacation Planning did it for her) as they are sold out for her night already. Balcony sold out thru July 5th as of this morning.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

oh geezs did it go back to balcony? hehe,oh well wasn't meant to be,but I'm still at riverside and not squished in up there and my stuff is in a box but it's still good stuffthanks for the update

• Defying Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by VWCat View Post
    oh geezs did it go back to balcony? hehe,oh well wasn't meant to be,but I'm still at riverside and not squished in up there and my stuff is in a box but it's still good stuffthanks for the update
    When we were Riwerside in 2005 we had a buffet (all smaller one than on the balcony, but Still a buffet) have they gone back to giving people boxes instead again?
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by winniepooh View Post
    When we were Riwerside in 2005 we had a buffet (all smaller one than on the balcony, but Still a buffet) have they gone back to giving people boxes instead again?
    July 2006 was buffet, Dec 2006 was boxes. Something to do with teh fire marshal.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567