Thread: AP question...

• My cuties!

AP question...

My husband and I were discussing the AP's and wondered if you have to be a So Cal resident to get the $99 AP. Do you have to show CA ID to get one?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Southern California Select Annual Passport
    Available for Southern California residents in zip codes 90000-93599, this Passport provides unlimited enjoyment of adventures and attractions (except arcades) during regular operating hours, 176 pre-selected days of the year.

Southern California Annual Passport
    Available for Southern California residents in zip codes 90000-93599, this Passport provides unlimited enjoyment of adventures and attractions (except arcades) during regular operating hours, 227 pre-selected days of the year.

• Disney fans for life!

Yes, each individual that purchases one has to show ID with an address in the above listed zip codes to qualify. Of course, kids can use any address that you have access to.

A few years ago, we went with some friends to the Park from the LA area. We had to renew our AP's, so we tried using their address. No luck. Maybe they have relaxed their screening by now, or maybe you'll get lucky and get that occassional CM that won't bother to check, but probably not.

Even paying the higher AP rates, we still come out way ahead. Three, one week trips per year for our family of six. Five deluxe AP's and one Premium. It's worth it...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    What about if you purchase the AP's online and process them when you get to the park- do they check id's when you process that way? I had been told back in 2003 that they were not concerned about your address anymore.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• CM for 4 years!

They have to take the address when you first get your AP, because you have to give an ID. If you don't care if you get your newsletters and stuff, use an old id?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I just bought my AP a couple of months ago, and they actually scanned my ID at the ticket window. When I got to the AP processing center, I'm pretty sure they didn't ask for my ID again, but I may be wrong.

I think they also said that if I was renewing my AP, or if I'd had one in the last 1 year (or maybe 2 years), that they wouldn't need my ID, because I'd still be in the system.