Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

5/16 Update: Premiere set up nears completion, sub walls stay down, and MORE refurbs?

EDIT: I just added more premier shots from today, 10/17...so check them out on the bottom of the thread if you get a chance.

Part I -

My curiosity got the better of me again today as I REALLY should have gone into work early, but...oh well. Back to Disneyland!

As mentioned in another thread, there is new signage out in front of the ticket booths:

It was gray, cool, and dreary this morning, and we actually had some drizzle begin to come down on Mainstreet:

Did I mention that Splash is officially open now?

The dock seems to be very busy as they rush to get the premiere set up in time:

The staging for this year's premiere looks like it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to see Darkbeer's...(.or whoever is going).... shots of the finished set at night with the lights and stars out on the Island:

The Columbia has been moved back around in front of the dock:

Here are the stairs that many lucky and famous feet will be walking on this Saturday:

The view from behind...

The new Pirates Lair sign at the dock...

More set up...

The Mark Twain has been cleverly camouflaged. Why...you would hardly know it was there!

Interesting that they never fixed the broken piece on one of the floats...

Maybe they'll get to it later this week.

This looks like one of the bridges Al was talking about...

(More to come...I have to run and teach my class!)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-17-2007 at 09:29 PM.

•   

Re: 5/16 Update: Premiere set up nears completion, sub walls stay down, and MORE refu

It's gonna be SOOO cool to be there. I am buying an extra battery and flash card for my camera. My shutter is not gonna stop clicking.

Thanks for the update.

Re: 5/16 Update: Premiere set up nears completion, sub walls stay down, and MORE refu

Does anyone know if they will do a live broadcast like last years?

Also where can I get a copy of that photo with Captian hook and the kid?
    It's really cute! You know I will be trying to re-create it later.

Question Re: 5/16 Update: Premiere set up nears completion, sub walls stay down, and MORE refu

Did you happen to get a pic of the sub countdown board this morning? If so take part in my Finding Nemo Subs Countdown Photo Challenge!

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...24#post1751424

We are waiting for a pic of "27 Days"

• Golden State of Mind

thats interesting, it almost looks like they are making the black pearl
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

I hope someone will be able to get a good photo of the river with all the staging prior to the premiere. Lots of interesting things being added!
    The Mur

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

pft... its the end of the school year. How much more can you possibly teach them anyway. Give the kids a "free" day and post more pictures!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    pft... its the end of the school year. How much more can you possibly teach them anyway. Give the kids a "free" day and post more pictures!!!
    It's just that I have these meddlesome concerts to prepare for. I'm sure the Vivaldi will be fine without any rehearsal.....hmmm....

Then again, it could be a train wreck of epic proportions.

And I would TOTALLY be there this Saturday if I didn't have a thousand and one things that are due.

I'm just about to post part II....if I can finish it before my department meeting!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    Did you happen to get a pic of the sub countdown board this morning? If so take part in my Finding Nemo Subs Countdown Photo Challenge!

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...24#post1751424

We are waiting for a pic of "27 Days"
    I totally forgot. I was anxious to get back on the freeway and left in a big hurry after a couple more sub shots. Maybe Mastergracey will be there...or Jack or Froggy...?

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    thats interesting, it almost looks like they are making the black pearl

That's exactly what i've been thinking. I haven't posted about it yet, thinking that someone else had said it already. fear of reputation i guess.

• Banned User

Its taking a long time for them to get all this stuff up... so how long is it going to take to get it all down?
    I love seeing all the stuff there especially since I won't be able to see it

• It's all about Theme!

I wonder if some of the premire stuff will stay for TSI.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• The line is HOW long!?!

Is the section with the blue tarp "fence" around it where they're going to herd the Make-A-Wish attendees so we don't scare the celebrities?
    Pirate!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    It's just that I have these meddlesome concerts to prepare for. I'm sure the Vivaldi will be fine without any rehearsal.....hmmm....

Then again, it could be a train wreck of epic proportions.

And I would TOTALLY be there this Saturday if I didn't have a thousand and one things that are due.

I'm just about to post part II....if I can finish it before my department meeting!

I totally forgot. I was anxious to get back on the freeway and left in a big hurry after a couple more sub shots. Maybe Mastergracey will be there...or Jack or Froggy...?

My bad.
    I was there this morning around 11:40 or so... but no camera, sorry...!

• Problem Child/Rocker

i wanna go to this!!!
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Frogberto without a camera? Say it isn't so. I did not think they would let YOU in without one. I love your pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast