• Dapper Dan-nabe

Disney for an Anniversary

Hello all! I'm a long-time lurker and first-time poster. My wife and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary this Sunday (May 20). We spent our honeymoon last year at WDW in Orlando (we lived in Atlanta at the time), so to celebrate this year we'll be going to Disneyland (we live in North Hollywood now). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the occassion special. My wife works for Disney, so it's not like it's a one-time trip; we go about every other month or so. We have reservations at the Blue Bayou (I know, it's not as good as it used to be, but since we've never been and have always wanted to, we won't know the difference. Plus, we couldn't afford Club 33, even if we could track down the people we know who could get us in). Is there anything we should try to do or have done that anyone would recommend? Does Town Hall have anything for couples on their anniversary (it seems like they have a button for everything else)? Any tips, suggestions, or warnings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Disney for an Anniversary

City Hall does have an Anniversary Button. I got mine last week for my 20th wedding anniversary :o)

Right now I can't really think of anything for your special day. Fantasmic Balcony is unavailable right now. And the Railroad is also down at that time (I was gonna recommend trying to get on the Lilly Belle).

Ask for Water Front View when you go to the BB. You might have to wait a little longer but it's worth the wait.

Happy Anniversary!!!

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

Re: Disney for an Anniversary

Happy Anniversary! I think you'll enjoy the Bayou a lot. The food is quite a bit better than your typical theme park fare, and the service is generally very good. I think if you go in with a good attitude, you'll generally have a good experience.

It is good to ask for a table by the water. Or even being in the middle of the room is nice, you just don't want to be next to a doorway into the kitchen or other service area or in the high-traffic areas near the entrance.

I'm sure you'll have a fun time, after all it's the company that counts, right?