Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shows to miss or not miss

Taking our 3 year old on his first Disneyland trip in 2 weeks. Just wondering, of the following shows, which ones should we be sure to see and which ones are not worth the time? We have 3 full days (Thur-Sat) plus afternoon/evening Wed and morning/afternoon Sunday.

Princess Fantasy Faire
    Jedi Training Academy (he is not familiar with Star Wars)
    Sword in the Stone
    Brother Bear Totem Ceremony
    Aladdin Musical
    Playhouse Disney (not familiar with these characters either but aimed at the pre-school set?)
    Suburban Legends
    Block Party Bash
    Pep Rally
    Jump Jive Boogie Swing Party

Thanks for your input!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Shows to miss or not miss

he? well the princess thing needs to be taken off first

• Minion

For a three year old boy, I would do
    Brother Bear
    Aladdin
    Playhouse Disney
    Block Party Bash.
    If he does not know Star Wars, no need in all that chaos.In fact it could even scare him.

Is it really that girly? He loves all of the classic Disney animated movies and would enjoy seeing any of the characters, even the princesses. He is only 3! But if it is really cheesy we may pass.

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

jedi should probably be taken off the list because he's a little young to be picked as a padawan.

and sword in the stone if he doesn't know who merlin is.

Though most everything else seems... okay.

• Fighter Pilot

I'm a guy that would hang around the princess', thats one thing, but not at this show, they teach you how to wave like a princess and act like a princess and then the best part, waiting in this long line for pictures. Not fun for a 3 year old boy, skip that and go to Billie Hill

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd say only Aladdin and Playhouse Disney. Both are parent friendly too, inside and air-conditioned.

Chad

Ya know, I started making a list of what was fun. LOL, they're all fun! But I will say that my family absolutely LOVES the Jedi Training Academy

I think he would really enjoy Sword in the Stone. IMO, it doesn't matter if he doesn't know who Merlin is.

Whatever you pick, you and your 3 year old will enjoy it.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 05-16-2007 at 02:24 PM.

• Neep meep beep

I'd see Aladdin, Playhouse Disney, and the Jedi Training Academy if you're with a 3 year old (my 2 year old loves Jedi for some reason). Fit in the rest of it as you have time--

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    he? well the princess thing needs to be taken off first
    So not true.

• Fighter Pilot

for a 3 year old boy

I'm a guy that would hang around the princess', thats one thing, but not at this show, they teach you how to wave like a princess and act like a princess and then the best part, waiting in this long line for pictures. Not fun for a 3 year old boy, skip that and go to Billie Hill
    Valuable input - that's the kind of perspective I am looking for - I originally thought to not miss this thinking he knows who all the princesses are and would like to see it, but now I am definitely rethinking that show. Same with the Jedi - wasn't sure if there was much to the show he would enjoy without being a fan of the movies.

I had actually though to pass on Billy Hill but you think that one is one to make an effort to see?

Glad to be getting this input! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    Is it really that girly? He loves all of the classic Disney animated movies and would enjoy seeing any of the characters, even the princesses. He is only 3! But if it is really cheesy we may pass.
    Take him there and let him look around. I'm sure you'll get your answer quickly

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    Valuable input - that's the kind of perspective I am looking for - I originally thought to not miss this thinking he knows who all the princesses are and would like to see it, but now I am definitely rethinking that show. Same with the Jedi - wasn't sure if there was much to the show he would enjoy without being a fan of the movies.

I had actually though to pass on Billy Hill but you think that one is one to make an effort to see?

Glad to be getting this input! Thanks!

I would, I mean you can't go wrong with music first of all, but it is more directed to older than 3 really

• I'm not really here

I would have to agree, Jedi is probably a bit old for him at that age. And while there were a fairly good number of little boys at the Princess Fantasy Faire when we stopped by, it is a real brief 15 minute thing with incredibly limited interaction. The interaction with the actual characters (only 3 at a time kind of luck of the draw too), is waiting in the line for the "Royal Walk". It was a long line too, so he may not be up for that unless one of you wants to wait while the other and him ride something.

Billy Hill might be a bit old for him, but it is music and he can dance and such to that and you as parents will love it. Aladdin Musical is really well done and has comfortable seats. Block Party Bash is good for dancing and seeing the Pixar characters. That could be a good one for him. Be sure to look at the map for one of the "party zones" that the parade stops in (there are 2, one by Golden Dreams and one other that I can't remember now).

The sword in the stone one can be fun, it is quick and such, and Merlin is cute with the kids. He likes to get interaction from them so that could be fun as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast