Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• Problem Child/Rocker

Indy Appreciation

Indiana Jones is amazing! Share your thoughts, secrets, and facts or info about the DL ride here.

A couple things about my last visit on April 20th:

A- I've discovered how the lava looks so good; It's basically bubble shaped lights colored red, yellow or orange, between spaces of black tarp or cloth. Then there's a thick layer of low-lying fog to conceal the equipment and to give it a more hot look. When you see the lit fog, and the black space between the lights, it looks like lava with the sort of black "crust" floating on top of it. it's a great effect. I found this out because during my first ride on my last visit, a cast member probably forgot to fill the fog machine tanks the night before, because i saw the plain equipment. FAKE-O!!! but by my next ride it was smoky and looked fantastic. there you go.

B-The rat/tree projection was working. I don't get to visit DL that often, and i had never seen it working. Definitely some after-hours treatment on this effect. It came out crystal clear, and looked better than ever. Different placement of fog machines? Thicker Smoke? More Smoke? Whatever it is, well done WDI!
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Problem Child/Rocker

Re: Indy Appreciation

the only minus about the ride is that the last Indy AA tends to twitch as you pull out. for the most part he looks fine but if you look when you leave that scene he twitches like he has Parkinson's.
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Banned User

As a indy cm I thank you for your support.

-Ride vehicles cost $750,000 each, front wheel drive 4 wheel steering. (except creep mode) 63 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 50hp motor drives the wheels. Wet weight without guests is 12,500lbs.
    -NO the cars cannot move backwards! This would trigger an auto-e. The rolling boulder effect cleverly tricks you though.

• Comin' at ya!

I Love Indy!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Problem Child/Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post

-Ride vehicles cost $750,000 each, front wheel drive 4 wheel steering. (except creep mode) 63 gallons of hydraulic fluid, 50hp motor drives the wheels. Wet weight without guests is 12,500lbs.
    -NO the cars cannot move backwards! This would trigger an auto-e. The rolling boulder effect cleverly tricks you though.
    yeah i've heard that! it's an amazing effect! am i right about the lava thing btw?

Thanks for giving this info. Very interesting, indeed Love the ride!

• Neep meep beep

Definitely one of the best rides in both parks, with amazing technology.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I have always hated the last Indy since day one, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't look like Harrison Ford. It has everything to do that his neck is the most fake looking neck I have ever seen. It looks very rubbery and stretches weird ways when his head moves, and you can see that it is all folded and everything.

IMHO the last Indy is probably the worst AA in the entire park!

• Problem Child/Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I have always hated the last Indy since day one, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't look like Harrison Ford. It has everything to do that his neck is the most fake looking neck I have ever seen. It looks very rubbery and stretches weird ways when his head moves, and you can see that it is all folded and everything.

yeah i kinda know what you mean. i wouldnt say it's the worst, but it does look a little fake. the first two are great though!

agreed. refurb!!
    pshhh i guess

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ACDCmaniac921 View Post
    yeah i've heard that! it's an amazing effect! am i right about the lava thing btw?
    Pretty close. The lava pit actually has water in it, it is pumped up to the head of mara and is supposed to be lava flowing from maras head when you cross the bridge. There are big transluscent "rocks" that light up. We don't fill up any fog machines, a machine uses the water and turns it into fog. When the ice drop effect used to work the ice would fall into the pit and melt in the water. When it all comes together with show conditions on it is pretty cool!

-The bridge is one place where we have permanent handrails up. It is a 50ft drop to the bottom!
    -There is a shortcut at the bottom of mudslide that allows you to drop down behind the finale. This is also the bottom of the pit where all the equipment and piping is housed to pump water for the pit.

DanC, I'm loving all your info! Thank you!!!

The last Sparrow in POTC is pretty bad too.

• Problem Child/Rocker

Pretty close. The lava pit actually has water in it, it is pumped up to the head of mara and is supposed to be lava flowing from maras head when you cross the bridge. There are big transluscent "rocks" that light up. We don't fill up any fog machines, a machine uses the water and turns it into fog. When the ice drop effect used to work the ice would fall into the pit and melt in the water. When it all comes together with show conditions on it is pretty cool!

-The bridge is one place where we have permanent handrails up. It is a 50ft drop to the bottom!
    -There is a shortcut at the bottom of mudslide that allows you to drop down behind the finale. This is also the bottom of the pit where all the equipment and piping is housed to pump water for the pit.
    ok so i was definitely right about the lights then, when the fog wasn't working i could see them clearly. i didn't know that pit was full of water though. cool!

• Banned User

So true, he is jacked up. The first one most people can deal with The 2nd one is so ugly but you can't really get a good glimpse of him. I don't know what happened on #3, hopefully next refurb we can get the new jack sparrow aa technology.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast