Arrow A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour included in the 50th Anniversary Package

I don't if this information has exactly been posted but I thought I would share.
    Those of you who booked a 50th Anniversary Package online a year ago, that includes A Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, I found out today they schedule the tour for you for the day after you arrive. I don't know if this makes a difference to anyone? It might for the out-of-towners like myself. You will get this information when you check-in and you are able to change the date according to availability.
    I'm not complaining. I just thought I would call today and reserve the tour 30 days from when I was planning on taking it. The person at Disney Reservations kindly let me know I had to call Disneyland Resort Travel instead. The person at Disneyland Resrot Travel then explain the change to me. Thier goal it to ensure that those who booked their vacation through them would get to go on the tour included in the package.
    Anyway this works out better for me. Since booking a year ago, I have decided i want to be a part of some meet-ups that weekend. I realize it is nice to plan things out ahead of time, but being flexible and spontaneous might make the vacation weekend more enjoyable. Now I don't have to rush. The tour is booked and I can enjoy it whenever they have scheduled. (I thought if I tried to book the tour over the July 15-17 weekend it would be sold-out). :devil:
    So in case you didn't know before, now you do and so do I!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• How's your conscience?

Thanks for the information. We booked in May 2004, and I thought they would give us a voucher or something. I just figured I'd use it in the fall or sometime later. I think I will call to verify the time (we have some other things to do that day too), but thank you for the info.
    The sea monkey has my money

Thumbs up I can answer my own question!

I can now answer my own question.
    Spent a lot of time on the phone today going from one department to another and being put on hold, but I got somewhere. I think.
    The paper work for the 50th Anniversary Package gets printed up three weeks before your arrival date and is sent to your hotel. Maybe for some people with air included it gets sent to your home. Anyway the voucher is in this package for some time the next day after your arrival, either a morning or afternoon tour. So I guess it isn't in their computer until 21 days before and not the usual 30 days before for reservations. There will be no "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tours on the 17th. Does this help?
    Also they told me that guests staying in one of the three Disneyland hotels are not guaranteed entrance to the park on the 17th. Of course we already knew that. And that is is rumoured some people might start lining up as early as 2am like they did for the Kick-Off on May 5th. Of course, you guys already knew that!
    Everyone I spoke with today were extremely polite and helpful and always wished me a fun trip.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09