• Banned User

Question Father's Day Crowds?

How is it usually on Father's Day? Should I go or stay away?

I think that it's usually pretty crowded. I know it used to be crowded on Mother's Day.

I have a friend who swears that the best day to go is Super Bowl Sunday.

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    mother's day is crowded, so i'm assuming father's day, too. i asked a CM about super bowl sunday (because i've heard that it's empty, too) and she said it was actually pretty crowded.
    <o>

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    mother's day is crowded, so i'm assuming father's day, too. i asked a CM about super bowl sunday (because i've heard that it's empty, too) and she said it was actually pretty crowded.
    I suppose it all depends on who is playing.

• Banned User

It's like traffice now-a-days, you can never predict it.

it wasnt that bad today... pictures are up from my visit today
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    We were there today. Not bad at all.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

Yup I went too... got to the park at 5:30 and was able to do indy, jungle cruise, HM, pirates, Splash, the Matt, Peter pan, big thunder, watch a bit of the parade, watch the fireworks from the front of the hub, and watch fantasmic. Not too shabby, huh?... but I'm beat. The longest line was peter pan, about 25 min. Splash hit 75 min at one point but we just waited till after the 2nd fantasmic showing

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Surprisingly quiet, some of my photos are up, I have some shots of us going down Main Street just prior to Noon, and it was very empty, especially for a Peak season Sunday... I thought that the SoCal's were blocked out, but they still were allowed in, as they will be next Sunday....

Got to DCA just prior to 5 PM, and it was very quiet, the BPB route was just one person deep, even in the Sunshine Plaza area, and Screamin' was just a 5 to 10 minute wait on Stand By, and the FASTPASS wait was the minimum 40 minutes...

I think that everyone, including Disney was surprised how few folks showed up today.... I would say less crowded than an average Sunday in the last 2 months!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Oh, it was awful! Too many people! Stay away!

Quick review (I'm not into reviews):
    It was great.
    Jungle Cruise: very nice. Second JC run involved a guide who spoke complete jibberish the whole trip, save for "the backside of water" and the safety spiels. Everyone got a good laugh out of that. I didn't notice that much "keep to the script," rule here.
    Matterhorn: about a 15 minute wait. Extremely bumpy. Did it twice.
    Parade: ok. Animatronics were awesome. Simba float helped me remember the Lion King parade. The thing I remember most about the LK parade was the crowd following afterward, wanting to see more of it. So, if this current parade was supposed to spark some memories, well, it did its job. Another memory was the Ursula float. Reminded me of "Fantasmic!"
    Disneyland movie and exhibit: while I'm always interested in stuff done by Steve Martin, I got unhappy feelings when Country Bears were shown. Animatronics replaced by cardboard Pooh ride: Sheesh. (I didn't feel that way when replaced sucky stuff was shown, though.) The historic exhibit is very interesting, mostly the maps and drawings, less the ticket books.
    Fireworks show: awesome as all get-out. Uppers: using Matterhorn, and having Tink do more than just fly across. Also, to all you crybabies who were ranting about the Castle being cloaked last Summer and Fall and "ruining your vacation": The payoff is amazing. You can tell that a lot of infrastructure work had to be done to the Castle in order for this show to play this well. Downer: very limited perfect viewing. We were off to the right side, near Plaza Inn. Maybe place the hub trees on platforms that lower into the ground? There were empty spots in the hub due to trees.

All in all, a great trip.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i asked a CM about super bowl sunday (because i've heard that it's empty, too) and she said it was actually pretty crowded.
    Too many people found out about Super Bowl Sunday not being crowded. There are a lot of people in SoCal who don't care about the Super Bowl. I don't care too much about it either, but I go to a party where I can see my once-a-year friends.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

I think that everyone, including Disney was surprised how few folks showed up today.... I would say less crowded than an average Sunday in the last 2 months!
    I have to agree that it was less crowded than an average Sunday recently. Friday was much more crowded.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I have to agree that it was less crowded than an average Sunday recently.
    No, it was awfully crowded, and everyone should stay away on Father's Day. Everyone!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    It's like traffice now-a-days, you can never predict it.
    That's the truth! People have figured it out about what days to go.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    No, it was awfully crowded, and everyone should stay away on Father's Day. Everyone!
    LOL!!! i'll stick with that story just to make sure all sundays stay just like it was on father's day!!
    <o>