Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Precious moments with your little ones

Just getting excited for our upcoming vacation and first time to DL since becoming parents! (3 year old son)

I would love to hear your stories

Re: Precious moments with your little ones

I dont have any kids of my own but my ex wife had two and when we got married they had never been to Disneyland so it was a priority that we/I take them. Her son was 13 and her daughter was 10 when we/I took them for the first time. Its not just little kids that get very very excited about a trip to Disneyland (I still do and I'm almost 41) They were both just bouncing off the walls when we got there. We were heading to Splash Mountian and her son was really excited and went running to get in line and ran right into one of those brass posts with the ball on top they string the ropes between when the lines get long. The ball at the top was about groin high for him at the time and he hit it at a pretty good speed, slowed him down for quite a bit. Later when we were heading into Toontown her daughter decieded we were moving to slow and ended up face down on the pavement on the downslope going into Toontown. She tore up a brand new pair of jeans but really no injuries. More embarresed than anything.

I made a trip many years ago with a cousin and a friend of mine, fortunatly we were staying right accross the street (we were all adults in our 20's at the time) I had booked the package that included 2 days Disney and one Day knotts, as we were leaving the hotel in the morning I grabbed the tickets, took mine and put the other two on the table and told the others their tickets were on the table. We got on the hotel shuttle and rode over to the park and got in line which was pretty long. My buddy then asked where the tickets were, I said on the table and said "didnt you hear me say that?" as my cousin waved his ticket in front of my friends face to show he had grabbed his ticket. He looked at me and admitted he had heard me say I was putting their tickets on the table but had failed to grab his. He had to make a run accross Harbor Blvd back to the room to get his ticket.

I love seeing the kids at Disney parks for the first time, that excitment in their faces is just wonderful. But adults can be so much more entertaining.
    Steve

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I remember the very first time they both went on Big Thunder Mountain. Hearing them laugh and scream all out of pure excitement was so awesome.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

I am considerably older than my siblings, so when I was 18-23, I was taking my sisters, who were 5-11 yo. Now I am taking their kids. One of my favorite moments was getting on Autopia with my niece (age 4) on her first trip to Disneyland and having her get in the drivers seat. She looked at me with big silver dollar eyes and said "But my mommy never lets ME drive!!" Then there was getting off Space Mountain... She pretty much glared at me with "That was NOT fun." Then taking her on IASW, both nieces were so busy taking it all in and all they could say over and over was "This is SOOOO cool!"
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• WARNING!

Well...

This happened when my now 18 year old son was 3. We planned a trip to WDW in Florida. When we boarded the plane, he started to cry and, well, he just couldn't stop. The stewardess came over and gave him one of those "wings" pins to see if that would help calm him down- He threw it at her and nailed her between the eyes while he completely went into a crying fit. A minute later one of those airport security guys who wears the blazer boarded the plane, came up to my wife and I and told us that he would have to leave the plane. We got off the plane, rented a car at the airport and drove 14 hours to Florida from Ohio.

We laugh about it a lot now but at the same time, we never let our little bundle of joy forget.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My son is 7 months old right now, but he's very 'aware' of the fun around him. He turns his head back and forth to look at things......and gets excited and starts to kick his legs. I can't wait until I get to take him on Matterhorn and such - good times!

My memories of my son's first trip to Disneyland last year are just wonderful. He was 4 at the time and we had a ball.

Highlights include standing in line for the Matterhorn (he's a tall 4) and eating yeti served popcorn...(SO GOOD), seeing his excitement as we ride Space Mountain, his love of the Tea Cup ride and sharing Dole Whips in the patio of the Tiki Room while watching watching the show of the gods.

Seeing the park light up at night and watching the fireworks and eating Bengal BBQ. My son's LOVE of the train ride and Dinoaur exhibit (we rode that multiple times) and this priceless exchange on the upwards climb at the end of Pirates of the Carribean.

My son says, "Rats!"
    I reply, "What? What's wrong?"
    He points to the glowing eyes under the beams. "Rats." He says again.

It doesn't seem like much but that was one of my favorite moments. Just fun.

Have a GREAT time...

-(we'll be back June 13 14 and 15 and we WILL ride those subs at least once!!!!)

• Haunted Mansion Lover

My hubby and I love going to Disneyland. We waited until our daughter was 4 so that she would be old enough to ride the rides and remember her 1st trip. There is nothing better than seeing your children enjoy Disneyland as much as you do. The entire day was nothing but smiles and excitement and it was one of the greatest days in my life. We enjoyed it so much that we bought AP's and now we take 4 day trips about 4 times a year. It is one of my favortie family activities because we spend so much time together as a family at "The Happiest Place on Earth"!!!

p.s. a character meal is a great thing to do their first trip if you have the time!
    Foolish Mortal

• Minion

It was my daughter's (and husbands) first trip to Disneyland, she was 6. We had just watched the Parade of Dreams, on our first day at the park. After it was all over, she turned to me and said, "Now I have a memory".
    It took a lot for me to keep dry eyes.

• See what I got?

My son who is four loves trains. He is very tall for his age. He rode Splash Mountain when he was 2 (almost 3, but still), and the Matterhorn, but he really wanted to ride Big Thunder Mtn, because of the train. He was *just* a little too short, so we said, "Maybe next time." We went two months later and he was tall enough! I was 7 months preggy with our second so I didn't get to ride with him, but my hubby tells me my son was in heaven. Of course, after the baby was born, we went again, and I got to hear my son's hysterical laughter and screaming (the "I'm having fun" scream, not the "I'm terrified!" scream) and see his face for myself. It was priceless. He rode Space Mountain four times in one day on our last visit, and always says he doesn't want to go on it again, but of course, five minutes later he is asking to go on it again. We always go when it's slow, so we take him! It's so much fun taking the kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    It was my daughter's (and husbands) first trip to Disneyland, she was 6. We had just watched the Parade of Dreams, on our first day at the park. After it was all over, she turned me and said, "Now I have a memory".
    It took a lot for me to keep dry eyes.
    I got tear just reading that! I better remember to bring tissue with me - I am sure I'll use at least a box on moments like that!

• Rally Time!

your children and DLR. 'nuff said.

(just take lots of pictures)

my best advice is to just take as many as you can while they drive along the Autopia - nothing beats that!
    a friend of Walt.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones View Post
    your children and DLR. 'nuff said.

(just take lots of pictures)
    Yeah, I agree with that. I was 4 when I first went to Disney World and I don't remember 95% of it. Pictures will likely serve as your children's only memory of a trip when they are 4 or younger.

• okeydokey

Aww! Now I want a little boobala to take!!
    Yay, betrothal!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

For me, 3-6 is that magic Disney age where everything at the park is SO real to them.

One piece of advice would be...don't underestimate the parades. When my kids were that age, you should have SEEN the looks on their faces when they saw these characters coming down Mainstreet. I can still hear my daughter yelling "Hug ME! Hug ME!" as some of the characters (Tigger et al) would come over to the side and pat some of the kids on the head or give them a hug.

You're going to have a blast. At age 3, don't forget the naps. BIIIIIIG naps! Naps are your friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast