Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walking to the park vs shuttle

Been 7 years so I imagine things may have changed. We are staying at the Clarion (a block or so south of Katella) and have a 3 year old and will be using a mid-size stroller as well.

Walk or ride? Does the time of day factor into your decision?

Thanks for your input!

Re: Walking to the park vs shuttle

By ride I meant the ART shuttle. We did get a five day pass so cost is not a factor.

• off in lala land

We have stayed at a variety of hotels around DL, and the majority of the time, we have enjoyed the peaceful walk down harbor over to the hotel. The walk time was about 10 minutes or so.

The shuttle is great if you are taking to the park and you are the last stop, or if you headed back to the hotel and you are the first stop. If you are the last stop, then it's rather annoying waiting for the other passengers to get on or off.

We tried to manage our time so that we would not be walking in the heat, and have been know to enjoy the a/c cooled hotel room during the peak hours. If you can handle the walk with a stroller, then it isn't too bad, just make sure you bring fluids for the little one.

Have a great time, hope this helps
    ...it's been a long time.

• I'm not really here

Block south of Katella shouldn't be to bad. If you guys don't mind walking with a stroller, then by all means go for it. Allow for travel time. From the Park Vue/HoJo area it's a 6-10 minute walk to the actual entrance booths. Make sure to bring drinks as it could get hot if you are walking during the day as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• A Pirate's life for me!

We would rather walk than take the FART shuttles...

Rude drivers, wreckless drivers, too crowded, too many other stops, and filthy vehicles.

Maybe your experience may vary...

• Minion

The clarion has a lot of options for you. It is about a 10-20 minute walk. By ART, you can take the C shuttle which will drop you at the Clarion, or the E shuttle, which drops at the Hilton (its usually a bigger shuttle, but crowded) or the M shuttle which drops at Marriot. The E and M are single stop shuttles. The walk from there is under 3 minutes. Personally, I'd take the shuttle, adn I pick the shutttle with most availablility at teh moment.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The clarion has a lot of options for you. It is about a 10-20 minute walk. By ART, you can take the C shuttle which will drop you at the Clarion, or the E shuttle, which drops at the Hilton (its usually a bigger shuttle, but crowded) or the M shuttle which drops at Marriot. The E and M are single stop shuttles. The walk from there is under 3 minutes. Personally, I'd take the shuttle, adn I pick the shutttle with most availablility at teh moment.
    Oh NO! I went to leave you positive feedback for the detail in this post and just as I hit send I noticed it had defaulted to selecting the negative somehow! How do I fix this? SO SORRY!!!!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Hi Barry!

Walking to Disneyland won't be far from there at all, maybe a block and a half. But leaving the park late it'll seem a lot further. If it doesn't cost anything to go in the hotel buses, keep the option open. If there is a charge I'd hoof it.

Have a great trip and give us details when you return.

Chad

• Progressive Disneylander

Now that I've stayed within walking distance, I don't ever want to go back to the ART shuttles! However, my experience with the buses wasn't really 'bad', but there are inconveniences.

My main beef is really not knowing how long you are going to have to wait for your particular bus to come. We've waited over 30 minutes on more than a few occasions.

The one benefit of the hotel I was staying at (Comfort Inn & Suites) is that it was the first stop on the route. In other words, we would always get on an empty bus in the morning and by the next stop (Holiday Inn), it would completely fill up and leave people behind. So I think the ART bus experience may depend on what stop you are on the route.

Walk! Enjoy the scenery and the air and say hello to your fellow pedestrians.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Blog Entries

remember, you won'tmind the walk in the morning hours, but if you stay ALL day like we do, just take the bus, lol your feet will thank you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Hi Barry!

Walking to Disneyland won't be far from there at all, maybe a block and a half. But leaving the park late it'll seem a lot further. If it doesn't cost anything to go in the hotel buses, keep the option open. If there is a charge I'd hoof it.

Have a great trip and give us details when you return.

Chad
    Anaheim has some of the longest blocks anywhere. It is actually 3/4 of a mile. (Typical block is 1/10th mile.) After all day in the park, that is a hike.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Koubu Pilot

The Clarion, huh? Last summer, we stayed at the hotel next door and we walked. Walking in the morning isn't bad at all. The weather is nice. The convenience store on the corner of Harbor and Katella (next to Candy Cane Inn) is a good place to stop for large bottles of water (I took one into the parks in my backpack each day without any problems).

That walk at the end of the night can be rough. I went ahead of my family. My dad had his kidney transplant several months before that and my mom didn't want him to have to walk to the hotel, so I went ahead ALONE AT NIGHT to get the car (don't worry, I walked so that I was close to groups of people, but not so close that they thought I was some creep). I would meet my parents and the kids at McDonald's and pick them up (I love my dad's handicap permit) and take them back to the hotel (except when they realized they could do better and asked me to take them to In-n-Out).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    Oh NO! I went to leave you positive feedback for the detail in this post and just as I hit send I noticed it had defaulted to selecting the negative somehow! How do I fix this? SO SORRY!!!!!!
    No problem, Dusty handled it.

• Koubu Pilot

And don't forget to bring pain killers!! Take a dose before going to bed for you legs and feet (even with comfy shoes, the parks are brutal on your feet and legs). A foot rub is always appreciated after a long day, so use that to score some points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast