Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Disneyland Train Event June 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Can someone tell me exactly where this motel/hotel is? I thought it was somewhere else, and now I am lost with the Walnut address. I am not all that familier with the area except right around Disneyland. Can I walk there? Or is there an Anaheim bus that goes by it? Or one of those shuttle buses. I need to know how to get there as I take the bus to Disneyland and cannot drive.
    I did a Google map earch. Walnut is the next street west of Disneyland Dr. (formerly West Street). The arrow indicates this address is just South of Ball Rd. I think I remember passing this when I went to the park via Ball. It is right on the corner of Ball and Walnut.

• Still lost in Neverland

OK, thanks to a kind friend I was able to make the $30 payment for the event tonight. I still don't know where the hotel is but I am hoping one of the ART shuttles or the hotel itself runs a shuttle. Also, now that I have purchased the ticket, what happens? Do you mail the ticket to me? I hope it gets here in time for the show. I tried to find out about senior discounts but couldn't find a phone number to call and the hotel didn't know squat about anything except there was some kind of train thing being held there. They were no help at all so I gave up trying to find out. You guys kept saying call about senior discounts, but no one gave a phone number to call. There was no phone number in the ad to call either. And I didn't see a phone number on the website either. In fact I couldn't even find anything on the Magic Makers Web Site about the event at all. There is a big ad to buy the DVD before it comes out, but nothing I could see about the event. I had to go to the other link provided to Extinct Attractions and it was right on the first page. So I used that link to buy the ticket. It's all very confusing to me.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

I wish I could go to this event. Trains have been a love of mine since I was a child and the Disneyland Railroad has been one of my favorite parts of the park since my first visit. Have fun everyone going there. Someone take pictures, okay?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

I am bumping this back up again because I am starting to wonder about this "Event". I can't get anybody to answer me about this event. I bought the tickets on line but still have no e-mail telling my anything. I don't know if I pick up the ticket at the event, or if they are mailed, the site says nothing about this. I have repeatedly begged for information on how to get to the hotel, other than making a huge trek around Disneyland to get there, which I cannot do. I have asked about shuttles either from the hotel, or ARTS, but I get nothing back. I have e-mailed the Magic Makers and am awaiting an answer. I really want to go to this, but now I am beginning to wonder if there really is an event. I called the hotel, and the person at the desk knew nothing about a train event, Senior Discounts or shuttles. I am getting very worried. I would assume that everybody on this thread gets notification when somebody posts, but I have not received one single response, other than from my sister, about the hotel, shuttles, or senior discounts. There are a lot of big names associated with this, so I am hoping it's all on the up and up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

Have you emailed the organizers of the event or the OP of this thread?

I sent an e-mail to Magic Makers who are the head of this event but that was just tonight so I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow as it's rather late.

I am not sure what you mean by the OP of this thread. If you mean the origianl poster he was just passing along some information he received. I don't think he really has anything do to with the actual event.

I did see that Magic Makers has a phone number posted on one of their pages that I didn't see before. I can't call them though as I am not allowed long distance calls on the special low income phone service I have.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

I sent an e-mail to Magic Makers who are the head of this event but that was just tonight so I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow as it's rather late.

I am not sure what you mean by the OP of this thread. If you mean the origianl poster he was just passing along some information he received. I don't think he really has anything do to with the actual event.

I did see that Magic Makers has a phone number posted on one of their pages that I didn't see before. I can't call them though as I am not allowed long distance calls on the special low income phone service I have.
    If you'd like I can call them for you tomorrow afternoon if they don't email you back. Just PM me with the info.

OK. I will do that but I will be gone all day. If I haven't heard from them by the time I get home, I will PM you in the evening. Thanks for the offer.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

OK. I will do that but I will be gone all day. If I haven't heard from them by the time I get home, I will PM you in the evening. Thanks for the offer.
    No prob. Happy to help a fellow MCer.

• Senior Minion

Here's a mapquest map with aerial image which shows where the hotel is with a red star. It seems like the hotel is right above the parking structure, bordered by Ball Rd. and Walnut St. - Disneyland Dr. is the street right before Ball Rd.

I know I don't have a problem giving you a ride to the park, but from there I'm not sure how you would get to the hotel. Hopefully you will get the information you need.

Thanks Liz, but for me the problem is this time it's a Saturday and I will be taking the bus to Disneyland. The event doesn't start until the afternoon, so I will be wanting to go into the Park, which means since there is no way to get to Walnut from the Parking lot I would have to walk all the way out to Harbor Blvd again and the walk all the way around the Park to get to the hotel. I did that one time several years ago, and it's not an easy walk. It took me almost an hour to walk around the Park to West Ave and that is only half way to where this hotel is. I don't know why the review by somebody who stayed there said it's a short walk to Disneyland. It looks that way on the map, but it isn't.

I am heading out now for the day and I have not received an e-mail from Magic Makers yet, but it's still early.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I got several e-mails from Magic Makers Carlene and she was very nice about all the problems. She said they had recieved the information about the ticket and that it had gone out in the mail, and in fact it was in my mailbox when I got home a little while ago. She also is trying to find out about shuttles either from the hotel or ARTS. I not, then they are going to make arrangements to get me to the hotel one way or another. So it has been an interesting day of e-mails and I am feeling much better about this event now and really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the advice and offers of help, but it looks like things are under control now.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• is too darn hot.

I got several e-mails from Magic Makers Carlene and she was very nice about all the problems. She said they had recieved the information about the ticket and that it had gone out in the mail, and in fact it was in my mailbox when I got home a little while ago. She also is trying to find out about shuttles either from the hotel or ARTS. I not, then they are going to make arrangements to get me to the hotel one way or another. So it has been an interesting day of e-mails and I am feeling much better about this event now and really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the advice and offers of help, but it looks like things are under control now.
    Good. I'm glad things worked out.

Yea, I feel much better now that I have the ticket in hand, and have been assured that one way or the other I will get to the hotel without having to walk. I do enough of that in the Park, and at least in Disneyland I can find places to sit when I get tired, but on the walk around the Park there is just nowhere to rest. And very little shade.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12