Talking Long time lurker asks many questions...

Hi, I've been lurking around these forums for a long time. Disneyland is my favorite place on Earth ever since I was a young person, and I like to keep abreast of all the goings-ons at the park. I find this is the best place to do that because I enjoy all of you because you all seem like really nice happy Disney people.

Anyhow, I live in Southern California and I'm getting married in a couple weeks. My fiancee and I decided to spend our honeymoon at Disneyland. We got the 4day park hopper passes and are very excited. She's been there only once and I'm a veteran. :] But...I do have some questions. I'll number them to make life easier.

1.) How crowded do you think it's going to be the week of June 4th? We're going to be at the park June 5th - June 8th and I was just curious if the summer crowds are already at the park by then.

2.) How is the weather going to be? I checked almanacs and it says highs in the upper 70's, lows in the 40's I think it said. But just wanted to clarify.

3.) Is it necessary to carry cash at the park? I'd really rather not. To be perfectly honest I'd like to only carry my ID and a credit card, but I think perhaps at some of the food stalls and what not you might need cash? Is that right?

4.) Will anything be closed? I checked the refurbs and they say everything will have reopened by then, like Tom Sawyer's Island, is this accurate?

5.) Could you reccomend a few good restaurants in the area? Not at Disneyland.

6.) We're staying at the Park Vue Inn directly across from Disneyland. I chose this because it IS so close, that way we could leave our car with family in San Diego, and take a train to Anaheim. But, have any of you had any good/bad experiences with this hotel?

I think that's it. Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm just really excited to be getting married and going to Disneyland and I would like it to go perfectly. Thanks in advance.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Long time lurker asks many questions...

Let's see...

#1 - You're going during the week of CM and AP Previews for Nemo, so expect a lot of traffic on that side of the park. Elsewhere, I'd say it's only going to be crowded Friday - Sunday. Monday - Thursday should be lax.

#2 - Weather right now is around upper 60's - low 70's. I think it's supposed to remain that way for a while. I wouldn't expect the heat to come in until late June / early July

#3 - The only thing that will be limiting is ODV (Outdoor Vending Carts) as they only take cash. Everything else, you should be fine with just a credit card. I myself hate carrying cash and spend a lot of time at the Resort.

#4 - The Disneyland Railroad is closed until June 9th, and unless you have a CM friend who's already gotten you tickets to the CM Preview or you're in the running for the AP Preview, I wouldn't expect any sort of "soft-opening" for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

#5 - Mimi's Cafe is right next door to your hotel. I cannot recommend it enough. It doesn't get crowded, is cheap and is soooooo good!

#6 - I've never stayed at any hotels as I live in Anaheim, but that hotel gets a lot of traffic, so I'd say it can't be that bad.

Hope that helps...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

I'd carry a small amount of cash. Not all places, like food carts, take credit cards.

#6 - You will find that if you want to go anywhere other than Disney you will walk really really far. There are cabs though.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nimic View Post
    Hi, I've been lurking around these forums for a long time. Disneyland is my favorite place on Earth ever since I was a young person, and I like to keep abreast of all the goings-ons at the park. I find this is the best place to do that because I enjoy all of you because you all seem like really nice happy Disney people.

Anyhow, I live in Southern California and I'm getting married in a couple weeks. My fiancee and I decided to spend our honeymoon at Disneyland. We got the 4day park hopper passes and are very excited. She's been there only once and I'm a veteran. :] But...I do have some questions. I'll number them to make life easier.

1.) How crowded do you think it's going to be the week of June 4th? We're going to be at the park June 5th - June 8th and I was just curious if the summer crowds are already at the park by then.

2.) How is the weather going to be? I checked almanacs and it says highs in the upper 70's, lows in the 40's I think it said. But just wanted to clarify.

3.) Is it necessary to carry cash at the park? I'd really rather not. To be perfectly honest I'd like to only carry my ID and a credit card, but I think perhaps at some of the food stalls and what not you might need cash? Is that right?

4.) Will anything be closed? I checked the refurbs and they say everything will have reopened by then, like Tom Sawyer's Island, is this accurate?

5.) Could you reccomend a few good restaurants in the area? Not at Disneyland.

6.) We're staying at the Park Vue Inn directly across from Disneyland. I chose this because it IS so close, that way we could leave our car with family in San Diego, and take a train to Anaheim. But, have any of you had any good/bad experiences with this hotel?

I think that's it. Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm just really excited to be getting married and going to Disneyland and I would like it to go perfectly. Thanks in advance.
    Ok
    1: Most of the time Monday - Thursday are not crowded but you get into late June and July each day may change.

2: High may get into the 80 -lows may 50 - 40 We may get cool summer.

3: Some the Small food cart will not take Credit card there is a ATM at Di8sneyland but you will $4.00 fee.

4: I can not remember the list Attactions that be close.

5: I like hook points at Disneyland hotel and mimi's Cafe good some time Espn.

6: I live 26 mile south of disneyland.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Mark Twain will also be closed.

• Still lost in Neverland

I have stayed at the Park Vue Inn many times and find it great. It's solid and each room has a coffee maker and closet, TV and other nice amenities. They also have a complimentary breakfast every morning. I have never gone but I think it's coffee and rolls, I don't think it's a full eggs and bacon/sausage type thing. But I do like the motel and it is very close to the Park. And on one side is a nice Denny's and on the other side is a nice I-Hop.

By The Way, welcome to Mice Chat and congratulations on the upcoming marriage and honeymoon at Disneyland. No better place to do that. And if you are here for that event on a Sunday be sure to stop by the hub at noon and join the Mice Chatters at our regular Sunday meet. I am sure you will receive a very warm welcome.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples