• SuperDork

Grad Night Questions

Okay, I have never attended a Grad Night at Disneyland, so when I realized that during my upcoming visit~ 6/21-6/25~ both Wednesday and Thursday were Grad Nights, I wondered what if any effect it will have on my visit? Does anyone have info regarding these nights?
    Thank You in Advance!

• Minion

Nothing really but Disneyland will close at 9pm, immediately after Believe. Tram service will end at 9:30 so you'd have to walk to your car if parked in the structure. I don't know what time DCA will close but I think maybe around 6 or 7. We went last week on a grad night for a few hours in the day and didn't see anything closed for that purpose.

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    also, when DL closes at 9pm, it closes. no shopping on main street for an extra hour. the whole park empties, so the tram lines & parking structure are mayhem. just plan to push the peace button if you stay til closing.
    <o>

• Defeats the Huns

Nothing in the park is effected during normal business hours. But like everyone else has pointed out, the park will close earlier at 9pm. And just cuz I'm nitpicky and not trying to be snooty, I think you meant the park will close immediately after Remember, not Believe. Oh how I miss Believe, though!

Remember will start at 8:45pm so the whole show will end around 9:02 or so.. and then it's a mad rush out the gates.

• That's Hawt

I really wanted to go to a DL grad night, but I found out that my school got kicked out of them about eight years ago. Does anybody know how long it takes for DLR to forget that, or is that an unforgettable sin?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Nothing in the park is effected during normal business hours. But like everyone else has pointed out, the park will close earlier at 9pm. And just cuz I'm nitpicky and not trying to be snooty, I think you meant the park will close immediately after Remember, not Believe. Oh how I miss Believe, though!

Remember will start at 8:45pm so the whole show will end around 9:02 or so.. and then it's a mad rush out the gates.

Damn, where was my mind? I think I was up just a wee bit too late.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Note: you don't have to rush.
    Plus, it will be midweek. Last night was pretty easy getting out. The tram queue was packed. Got on the third tram after waiting.
    (Tip: go to the "AP" side after fireworks. After the security tents, take a sharp right instead of going on the World of Disney side. They run two trams out at that time, and only the very frequent guest knows this.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I really wanted to go to a DL grad night, but I found out that my school got kicked out of them about eight years ago. Does anybody know how long it takes for DLR to forget that, or is that an unforgettable sin?
    Me too!!! I don't know how long ago we got kicked out but I'm sad because my mom got to go in the 70's and since we're so close to Disneyland, I'm sad our school has to go to Boomer's instead because someone else ruined it.

• FastPass n00b

It's really too bad that a couple people ruin Grad Nite for entire school. I went on midnight May 21-22, 1998 and it was a blast. We had to go backstage through a HUGE alley with flood lights and somehow we ended up in Critter Country just to the left of Splash Mountain. Those with keen memories will remember May 22 was the opening day of the New Tomorrowland so many of the attractions there were not open to us. We had Space Mountain, Star Tours and even the Observatron working but the Rocket Rods, Cosmic Waves and I think the Astro Orbitor was not operating.

Anyway, Grad Nite is like one enormous nightclub where everyone there is your age and it feels like Disneyland is your playground (which is possibly why once in a while some people abuse it and cause problems). There are DJs and performers, dancefloors set up everywhere, lights on any and every structure imaginable (including the floor), lasers on Matterhorn and banners with text welcoming and congratulating your class, and just a general feel of taking the place over. I'm not sure how it is anymore, but that's what it was like about 7 years ago.

It lasts only 5-6 hours and then you have a LONG busride home no matter where you live so it's not so much the fun factor as it is the memories you develop for it years later. If a friend of another graduating class is going, I'd strongly recommend trying to go with them. Grad Nite is special not because it's a giant nightclub with Disneyland as a backdrop, but because you get a feeling of having made it and sharing an experience with tens of thousands of teenagers your own age who share in your accomplishments.

There is nothing quite as depressing as going into Space Mountain while it's pitch black outside and coming out only to have the morning sun rising at Grad Nite. I lost track of time and was wanting to do so much more after Space, so when I exited I was shocked to see daylight and it was quite possibly the most depressing thing in my life. I don't regret it for a second, but when you're flying high as a kite (in the legal sense :o ) you tend to crash hard when reality hits and it's time to go home.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-20-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Our grad nite which was only last year was the best of my life. Being the Disney prodigy of my group. I got to direct all my friends where to group. It was like leading my own little tour!! My school does it very well. Before going to DL we go to Medieval Times and eat, then straight to DL to await the opening. You also have to dress nice or my school won't let you go in. Apparently dressing nicely makes you behave better. Then we go in. Have a blast and go sleep at a nearby hotel. Until 8 AM and then eat breakfast on the bus until you can go to Uiversal Studios. To say the ride home is VERY quite. But people were still leaving the park when we were waiting outside.