New DCA Show idea

i mentioned this once in passing a looooong time ago, but i thought id bring it up again

many of you may be familiar with the famous san francisco show "Beach Blanket Babylon"-a musical/comedy show that satirizes many popular issues/celebrities of the day. the characters wear flamboyant costumes and ENORMOUS hats (one of the more famous staples of the show)

a show like this to me seems like a good, cheap addition to DCA that could remain for many many years, much like golden horseshoe revue has lasted at DL. a toned-down show (the original is fairly adult-oriented), poking fun at disney characters instead of celebrities and politicians for example, would be a lot of fun in my opinion. if whoopie's show could be replaced once that contract is up with something like this inside that same theater (blanking on the name right now), beach blanket could be a source of lots of positive word of mouth for DCA. what do you all think?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Closed Account

Re: New DCA Show idea

Being from the Bay Area, I've heard a lot about the show.

I think it would be better not to parody Disney characters, because these characters are in the park, and its still Disneyland even at DCA. Yes, it's good to laugh at oneself, but this may be an exception, especially for kids who are too young to understand parody.
    It would be a good idea if left as is though. Tone down the adult parts and make it a cute satire of Hollywood and the California life. Both in-staters and out of staters could enjoy because Californians would love to laugh at the steryotypes others see in them, and people from out of state love to laugh at those crazy Californians.
    The big costumes, big hats, and big talent would fit right in at Disneyland. A hat made to look like a castle? I think so

• Mickey Mouse Slave

I have an idea, freeze the Paradise pier water and make a Disney on Ice performance
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Being from the Bay Area, I've heard a lot about the show.

I think it would be better not to parody Disney characters, because these characters are in the park, and its still Disneyland even at DCA. Yes, it's good to laugh at oneself, but this may be an exception, especially for kids who are too young to understand parody.
    It would be a good idea if left as is though. Tone down the adult parts and make it a cute satire of Hollywood and the California life. Both in-staters and out of staters could enjoy because Californians would love to laugh at the steryotypes others see in them, and people from out of state love to laugh at those crazy Californians.
    The big costumes, big hats, and big talent would fit right in at Disneyland. A hat made to look like a castle? I think so

i agree w/ what youre sayin about parodying of disney characters and thanks for calling me on it; what i meant to say was parody in the sense that the genie parodies DL (among other things) in the aladdin show at dca-that kind of joking around/humor
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• ...TWO BITS!

Sorry, I'm not crazy about the idea. But the post above might change my mind. Depends how its played out...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park