Thread: Epcot at DL?

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: Epcot at DL?

Poor, poor Westcot.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries

A third park could come sooner rather that later. It may be determined that Disney's California Adventure is going to need some serious time to fix. A new, grander experience could be attempted to create a larger draw.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I hope the new park is a Westcot. It would be AMAZING!!

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

Imagine arriving at Ellis Island and boarding a boat to return you to the four corners of the world. This was the promise of WESTCOT (which was almost certainly a working title only). The Four Corners of the World would have included Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. At the center of it all would have been a golden Spaceship Earth, through which one would have gained access to Future World via underground tunnels. The Future World show buildings would have been fully enclosed and hidden behind the Four Corners facades.

This is the kind of park that would have facinated locals and drawn tourists from around the globe. But, based on the financial collapse of EuroDisneyland, Eisner got cold feet and submitted plans for a scaled down WESTCOT. That's the one with the spire in the above images. And then, of course, WESTCOT turned into DCA. The rest is a sad, sad history.

• Sock Puppet

i also hope that they build a third park like epcot,but what about Disney Sea's.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i also hope that they build a third park like epcot,but what about Disney Sea's.
    Tokyo DisneySea would be too expensive. Tokyo DisneySea cost $3.3 billion to build, while WestCot would have cost around $2 billion to build. WestCot would have fit where California Adventure is now, but now there is not enough space for it near the resort. Even if California Adventure had not been built, Tokyo DisneySea would not fit in the resort since it is twice the size of Disneyland.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    A third park could come sooner rather that later. It may be determined that Disney's California Adventure is going to need some serious time to fix. A new, grander experience could be attempted to create a larger draw.
    DCA needs more attractions that's it's main problem. Not enough to do there.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

It's not so much as needing just more attactions, just needing more QUALITY attractions. I had an Imagineering idea of going through a Golden SPaceship Earth where it focused on the "Golden Moments" of CA history ending with the opening of DL then going into a future room with Mommas and Pappas singing California Dreamin'. They just have to get rid of Golden Dreams first.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12