Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy Ride Line

• Happy Homespun

Indy Ride Line

Where off of the Indy ride building is the Wait Line and Ride Facade?? I am working on a Roller Coaster Tycon 2 recreation of Disneyland. I have looked thru hundreds of Aerial Views of this area of the park and have not found anything due to the extreme tree cover(Which I wouldnt have any other way though. ) Could anyone direct me in the right direction?
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

• Minion

I can't help you much with this question, but when you are done are you going to make your park available on Roller Coaster Tycoon website?
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• OM NOM NOM

The queue line stretches about half the length of Disneyland itself, from adventureland to beyond the berm, where the show building is located. the show facade is about 1/8 of the way down the queue.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    I can't help you much with this question, but when you are done are you going to make your park available on Roller Coaster Tycoon website?
    Are there some that can be downloaded? I haven't been able to find them

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stacielee
    Are there some that can be downloaded? I haven't been able to find them
    Yes, you can download coasters and parks I think from the main website. If not, it is one of the big support sites. I will try and find it and post back here.

• Gay Man

I'm not sure exactly what your asking, so forgive me if I give you a sideways answer.......

The Indy Queue is approximately 1400 feet (or 0.2651515 mile) long from start to load. It passes by the JC, then into an area that used to be part of the JC (the JC was modified to fit Indy). It crosses UNDER the RR tracks and berm in the Bat Caves. After that point, the rest of the queue and ride is al in the show building outside of the berm.

• Still lost in Neverland

You enter the queue line inside the Park, the Temple you enter is right across from the Tiger in the ruins on Jungle Cruise. You then walk about 1/4 of a mile South. On the way you will cut over the delivery road just inside the berm (the big open area just before you enter the "Bats Caves". It has big wooden doors on each side of the room that they open at night and morning so the trucks can drive thru on thier various routes). Once inside the cave area you come to the "Spike Room" which is located directly under the train tracks. The movie room is located where Pooh parking used to be, then into the actual Ride Building which can be seen in any of the many newer airial photos as a big green building right to the North of the Mickey & Friends Downtown Disney load/unload tram area. The building has jungle tree and foliage decoration painted on it now to help disguise it from Downtown Disney.

Atari dot com has an RCT site for each of the different version of RCT. All of them have areas to upload/download tracks, scenarios, custom buildings, and Parks. They have a huge technical forum for RCT3 problems, of which there are many, and RCT3 has a section for uploading/downloading your parks, tracks, etc for others to share.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Here is a website I just remembered. It might help you out.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/fe...layoutmaps.htm

Liquidspaceman, over and out.

• FastPass n00b

This is absolutely fascinating about the layout of Indy. I knew the queue was long, but I never realized it was a quarter of a mile nor that trucks drive through the queue after hours. That's one of magical things about Disney's top rides is that you are so immersed that you don't realize you've walked a quarter mile and are outside the berm standing on what used to be a parking lot. I think I found the ride building on Google Maps, it's a big white rectangle from aerial photos, right?

I think I have a new found respect for Indy because I never knew how much designing it took to create the queue. It had to eat up some of the Jungle Cruise, parking lot, backstage roads, and room inside Disneyland just to build the immense thing. I love these types of rides, the ones that sacrifice little and give a LOT. Some other ones that did that recently are Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, and the Magic Eye Theater. These are the types of rides where we don't have to give up a ride to gain one.

From the satellite photos, it looks like Disney still has a HUGE plot of land between Main Street and Adventureland covered in trees. I know that it'd be a very difficult place to reach from inside Disneyland, but is there some way they could utilize all that room? It'd be a shame to chop down matured 50 year old trees since they take so long to grow back, but I think they could use that to their advantage and create an outdoor ride with lush foliage...it'd fit the Adventureland theme perfectly. One thing about Disneyland that no new park can copy is its 50-year old landscaping. It's almost funny to see Disneyland in the 50's with it's tiny trees and barren dirt lots. Disneyland (and most old parks) owe a lot of their beauty to the forests that grow up around them over the decades.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

scottware is way off on splash mountain... if you want to know the real layout talk to me sometime.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Happy Homespun

If you are really into Roller Coaster Tycoon parks, check this site out.
    www.nedesigns.com Easily the best on the web.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

• My cuties!

Some other ones that did that recently are Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, and the Magic Eye Theater. These are the types of rides where we don't have to give up a ride to gain one.
    They took away Circle Vision for Buzz.

• insufferable know-it-all

Also, for the record, Indy took out the Eeyore parking lot, not Pooh. This is evidenced by the Eeyore sign hidden up high in the back of the screening room.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    From the satellite photos, it looks like Disney still has a HUGE plot of land between Main Street and Adventureland covered in trees. I know that it'd be a very difficult place to reach from inside Disneyland, but is there some way they could utilize all that room?.
    From my aerial shot on my desktop, it looks like the area you are talking about is the Jungle Cruise. ??? That's the only tree covered area I see...
    I could be wrong, the shot is very far away...
    :confused:

• insufferable know-it-all

The space between JC and the back of City Hall is not all that large. It's big enough to store the streetcars and still have a service road from backstage Mainstreet to backstage Adventureland and beyond (via a short underpass beneath the berm). Not really enough room for building, however.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast