Disney Treasures

Just got this from a friend:

I’m also on deadline for a new wave of Walt Disney Treasures. Last year the folks at Walt Disney Home Video had assured me that our series was over. Naturally I was disappointed, but I could scarcely complain, having had a successful six-year run. Then, just a short time ago, they decided that the Treasures would be a natural outlet for two projects that were already in the pipeline: the first-ever collection of Walt Disney’s silent Oswald, the Lucky Rabbit cartoons, with newly-commissioned music scores by Robert Israel, and a new feature-length documentary about Disneyland prepared for the park’s 50 th anniversary. Oswald will be accompanied by Leslie Iwerks’ feature about her grandfather Ub, The Hand Behind the Mouse, and the Disneyland doc will be supplemented by a number of vintage shorts and TV shows about the park—including some genuine rarities. Add to that Volume 3 of The Chronological Donald [Duck, that is] and you have our three newest volumes, which will be released on December 11. More details to come.

www.magicalhotel.com

Re: Disney Treasures

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    Just got this from a friend:

I’m also on deadline for a new wave of Walt Disney Treasures. Last year the folks at Walt Disney Home Video had assured me that our series was over. Naturally I was disappointed, but I could scarcely complain, having had a successful six-year run. Then, just a short time ago, they decided that the Treasures would be a natural outlet for two projects that were already in the pipeline: the first-ever collection of Walt Disney’s silent Oswald, the Lucky Rabbit cartoons, with newly-commissioned music scores by Robert Israel, and a new feature-length documentary about Disneyland prepared for the park’s 50 th anniversary. Oswald will be accompanied by Leslie Iwerks’ feature about her grandfather Ub, The Hand Behind the Mouse, and the Disneyland doc will be supplemented by a number of vintage shorts and TV shows about the park—including some genuine rarities. Add to that Volume 3 of The Chronological Donald [Duck, that is] and you have our three newest volumes, which will be released on December 11. More details to come.

www.magicalhotel.com
    I thought the Oswald Cartoons were going on the Legacy Collection sets along with the True Life Adventures?

Doug
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

This s direct from Leonard Maltin's blog.

Oh, yay... I've been looking to complete the Donald collection... The Disneyland documentary seems cool, too.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    This s direct from Leonard Maltin's blog.
    I just checked out his site. Very cool. I wonder if they are not doing any more of the Legacy Collection or what?
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries