• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Photography Question

So, here's the deal:
    I'm heading to Disneyland next week (actually Wednesday)

And since I know there are a ton of great photographers here on Micechat, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks of the trade for awesome Disney photographs.
    I'm talking any kind... Parades, Fireworks, Darkrides, low light, lots of light, close up, no people etc.

Just keep in mind I have a simple yet durable (it spent 2 months lost in the snow and still functions perfectly) little Kodak EasyShare C330.

Thanks in advance ^_^ (though this could have been bad timing since I know everyone's at the Pirates Premiere tomorrow... eh, Hakuna Matata

• Huh?

Re: Photography Question

Use flash in daytime, especially in shadowy areas or if the sun is a little behind the subject (but try not to have the sun in the frame!).
    -Tim

• I'm not really here

If it's something you really want a picture of, take 2 in case one doesn't work out. It happens to all of us.

As stated above, try to avoid having the sun in the frame.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Just this guy......

Bring extra batteries and memory cards and as was said above: Take lots and lots of pictures. Then only show the best ones to everyone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Your little phone should have settings for shutter speed and ISO, slower shutter speed and high ISO for good pictures in the dark.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Your little phone should have settings for shutter speed and ISO, slower shutter speed and high ISO for good pictures in the dark.
    Only if you want blurry pictures...

High ISO and maintain a speed faster than 1/30th of a second - 1/60 is preferred. The pictures may be darker, but they won't be total blurfests. You can lighten a dark picture, but you can't make it less blurry. You are limited with the C330 to an ISO of 400, not very good for dark shots.

Practice this before you go...

Remember you have between a half second to nearly a second between click and capture, so anticipate your shots. Get a box of batteries or many rechargables and recharge them overnight, as well as a pocketfull of SD cards - they are dirt cheap at places like FRY's.

Take many, many pictures - the only photos you will regret are the ones you don't take.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    So, here's the deal:
    I'm heading to Disneyland next week (actually Wednesday)

And since I know there are a ton of great photographers here on Micechat, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks of the trade for awesome Disney photographs.
    I'm talking any kind... Parades, Fireworks, Darkrides, low light, lots of light, close up, no people etc.

Just keep in mind I have a simple yet durable (it spent 2 months lost in the snow and still functions perfectly) little Kodak EasyShare C330.

Thanks in advance ^_^ (though this could have been bad timing since I know everyone's at the Pirates Premiere tomorrow... eh, Hakuna Matata
    Don't use the flash in the Grand Canyon and Primeval World. The glass will just reflect the flash back into the lens. And yes when you go into dark rides set the ISO rating as high as you can. However with this camera you are going to get pretty noisy pictures at the highest ISO rating. Just make sure you change the ISO back to auto when you leave the dark ride or your going to have some VERY bright pictures outside.

Speaking of dark rides I've been wanting to build a contraption that has a clamp on one end and a tripod head on the other. I was thinking I'd clamp it to the hand rail at the front of the boats in Pirates and Small world and the Doombuggy in HM. On the boats I could probably get the shutter down to a 30th of a second. Of course a good image stabilizing would probably work better but thats not in my budget at the moment.

Doug
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAge View Post
    Speaking of dark rides I've been wanting to build a contraption that has a clamp on one end and a tripod head on the other. I was thinking I'd clamp it to the hand rail at the front of the boats in Pirates and Small world and the Doombuggy in HM.
    That's ok if you want to take time to build it, but they do make the MonsterPod for small cameras and the GorillaPod for SLRs... those are tripods meant to stick anywhere, like a handrail and such. Very small... so good to put in your bag.
    -Tim

• I am number 4 of 999

Fantasmic! is meant to be watched, not photographed! lol

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Fantasmic! is meant to be watched, not photographed! lol
    Good call, except it won't be up and running next week :P

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Good call, except it won't be up and running next week :P
    Get your money back!

I looked up your camera on the Kodak website, and it comes with quite a few settings that I think you will find useful! I just bought a new digital camera, and it has the same settings, and I can't wait to try it out, so perhaps after your trip you can give US pointers! Although for fireworks I like the speed setting with no flash. My older camera didn't have a specific fireworks setting. I'm not too crazy about the night setting because you need to hold extremely still in order for the pictures to not come out blurry. I usually hold my breath for about 7 seconds before I snap the pic, no joke. And never underestimate the effectiveness of the flash in the daytime!

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    That's ok if you want to take time to build it, but they do make the MonsterPod for small cameras and the GorillaPod for SLRs... those are tripods meant to stick anywhere, like a handrail and such. Very small... so good to put in your bag.
    Unfortunately I need something that will support a little more weight than those because I also want to put a video camera on it and need to be able to mount a fluid pan and tilt head too it.

Doug
    Pain is temporary, Film is forever!

• Circle of Ancients

i really just point and snap and they come out pretty good... maybe sometimes they are not centered but it works
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Quality not quantity

Photoshop is your friend.

It's like a time machine for photographers.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain