Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Just burn the whole thing down, who'll really notice it's missing?

• Sock Puppet

There is only one thing that can be done with the backlot...REFURB THE SUPERSTAR LIMO!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Lightbulb Expanded Ideas

How about remodelling the front of the SSL building to look like a soundstage with a big....75 on the side (works for those of us born in that year :devil: ). Have giant scene flats leaning on the sides of various buildings (maybe even a giant ground level one with giant grass blades, leaves, etc to blend into Bug's Land).

I remember on a mini-clip of Disney-MGM years ago there was a CM dressed up as a tabloid reporter asking park guests for snippets about the local gossip, maybe some other CM's can ask the guests for their autographs and how much they loved their latest movies.

This is also the one place where CM's in wardrobe can go out and bring racks of costumes from side of the lot to the other and it would all be part of the show.

GMR would be a great addition as an expansion if you want to use Mann's Chinese facade, otherwise, it too would need to look like a soundstage or line of false fronts of houses and such and recognized as being false fronts.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Minion

Hyperion Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    from what I hear the Hyperton is actualy the nicest stage facility Disney owns right now, even better then what Tokyo Disney has built
    When DCA was under construction we were told by several in Disney Management that the theater was going to be "state of the art" in theater design capable of housing large scale Disney productions like "Beauty & The Beast" and "Lion King." There was also talk that new shows could preview there before moving to Broadway or on tour.

• Minion

Last edited by Michelle; 10-03-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Alright. All of your guy's ideas are great, but here is what I would do. I would allow for the Monster's Inc. ride to come, redo Tower of Terror, make the tram ride into an actual movie production studio, get ride of the false fronts, add some more live shows like Beauty and the Beast, and then if they are going to bring any attractions from other themeparks they should make sure that they are not exact clones.

• I Hug My Tapirs

A bit of a minor thing, but I'd like to see the area music go back to what it was originally - the movie and TV themes. It gave it a bit more of a "tinseltown" feel to me. I'm glad that they're trying to put more "Disney" in the park by changing the music to Disney tunes, but I just don't feel like that fits the area as well.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    I figured that RnRC would work in the backlot as well since the story line is your racing down Hollywood backstreets and alleys to get Aerosmith to the club (Or gig).

You are right as well as it fits in your LA expansion as well but we are talking a Eisner Era Disney here where they are not going to spend money to expand a park that is not fatting up Eisner's pockets. I personally would love to see your Idea take place but I think realistically RnRC needs to be in HBL as it is right now.
    Hmmm... I diagree. It goes against my two rules for improving DCA. Rule 1: No more cloned attractions! Rule 2: New attractions need to be a family e-ticket.

Why? We all know why cloned attractions are a bad idea. As for the family e-ticket, DCA has plenty of thrill rides, but it has precious little (none) in terms of an e-ticket the whole family can experience.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S
    I think that it needs more going on non stop action from attractions to shows to talent just walking around like there is a shoot going on and get the guests involved. This area of the park is just dull.
    I'll second the idea of more talent doing things there, from regular Disney/Pixar characters, to even a return of the kind of "streetmosphere" things WDW/MGM did when that park first opened--something that interacted with people and gave them a reason to hang around, do things, or even just people watch. There's just nothing there now...I keep expecting a tumbleweed to roll through.

• Minion

TOT is my family's favorite ride at DCA, but more needs to be done with the land. Since it's supposed to be themed after the back lot why not make a small version of the Burbank studios and give a tour of how Disney movies (live & animated) are made.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Why? We all know why cloned attractions are a bad idea.
    For those of us who are never going to visit the other parks, the clones aren't a problem. In fact, I'm very grateful TOT made it out to SoCal...now, I just have to work out the logistics of visiting DCA!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    For those of us who are never going to visit the other parks, the clones aren't a problem.
    Actually, it's a problem for Anaheim because if all we get are clones, people will still go to WDW, and they will get all the new rides, because we'll supposedly be content with more clones.

Anaheim should not be allowed to be Orlando's ugly stepsister. If DCA is ever going to become a park that meets its original attendance goals and support the Anaheim property becoming a real resort destination, it has to follow the example of TDS and provide unique attractions and Disney-caliber immersive theming.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Imagineer Boy said:
    7. Theme the walkway to ToT like Sunset BLVD.
    You could even add fake streetwalkers for a more realistic effect!!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Is there any talks about what to do with the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" building?

the Great Movie Ride would be great to have at DCA, but maybe with new or different movies.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    Is there any talks about what to do with the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" building?
    You know, I just thought about this while watching Ellen... did they steal the touchpads from Millionaire for Ellen's new voting devices?

And it occurs to me... even if it's not Millionaire, why not have some sort of gameshow? I'm not a fan of shows at themeparks, but at least this was interactive and engaging.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast