Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    You know, I just thought about this while watching Ellen... did they steal the touchpads from Millionaire for Ellen's new voting devices?
    Don't think so. I've heard that the set is still in-tact in the building, and that Celeador may want it for something.
    -Monorail Man

All it needs is to be alive!

I personally believe that DCA is a terrible excuse for a Disney Park, but it will be around for a while, so, inorder to fix this particular part of the park, I would simply open everything. Leave no sections closed off. Open Superstar Limo with a new attraction ASAP, but more importantly figure out something to do with the queue. Remember the old Vault Disney show with it's "dark ride" beginning clip, hey, good ideas should never go to waste! Disneyland is hard-pressed for space, and every little bit that is wasted is horrifying. Replace the Aladdin show in the Hyperion with something that will bring in the masses. Maybe Disney could make a deal to create a condensed form of the Phantom of the Opera! TOT is great, and provides endless opportunities for it's surroundings. I would not place too much emphasis on anything ABC. Instead, focus on what makes Disney great. Show the old animated movies in the animation building, make it a Disney Classic Showcase. The Playhouse Disney #*$& doesn't belong in a park like DCA, replace it with either a CA version of the Great Movie Ride or maybe reopen another themed restaurant. The Brown Derby could work nice. Finally, put a new attraction in the old Millionaire sound stage, think Terminator 2:3D or Tomb Raider: The Ride (disnified!). This is how you save a theme park!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    Finally, put a new attraction in the old Millionaire sound stage, think Terminator 2:3D or Tomb Raider: The Ride (disnified!). This is how you save a theme park!
    How about an attraction based on something they have the rights to or something completely original with the ongoing theme?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    I personally believe that DCA is a terrible excuse for a Disney Park, but it will be around for a while, so, inorder to fix this particular part of the park, I would simply open everything. Leave no sections closed off. Open Superstar Limo with a new attraction ASAP, but more importantly figure out something to do with the queue. Remember the old Vault Disney show with it's "dark ride" beginning clip, hey, good ideas should never go to waste! Disneyland is hard-pressed for space, and every little bit that is wasted is horrifying.

Replace the Aladdin show in the Hyperion with something that will bring in the masses. Maybe Disney could make a deal to create a condensed form of the Phantom of the Opera! TOT is great, and provides endless opportunities for it's surroundings. I would not place too much emphasis on anything ABC. Instead, focus on what makes Disney great.

Show the old animated movies in the animation building, make it a Disney Classic Showcase. The Playhouse Disney #*$& doesn't belong in a park like DCA, replace it with either a CA version of the Great Movie Ride or maybe reopen another themed restaurant. The Brown Derby could work nice.

Finally, put a new attraction in the old Millionaire sound stage, think Terminator 2:3D or Tomb Raider: The Ride (disnified!). This is how you save a theme park!
    broken in to paragraphs for easy reading

First off Superstar Limo is under demolition right now and is going to be replaced with that Monsters Inc ride we've been hearing about

Second, Alladin is a fine show for a theme park, it's already been determined that people do not visit theme parks for broadway like experiences, familys just want a fun little show that they can watch with their kids, Alladin fits the bill just fine and it does have several well done effects, serious theator doesn't fit in with a theme park at all

The Great Movie ride would never fit into playhouse disney, that building is TINY and the Great Movie ride needs a building the size of Pirates at the very LEAST to work. A themed resturant also wouldn't work because DCA has too many, and if any resturant is going to reopen there it's going to be the Hollywood and Dine. Playhouse Disney could be utilized for a very small film attraction (it's smaller then the Muppets building and the Bugs Life building) or it could be used for another kind of show (I wonder if they could fit Voyage of the Little Mermaid from MGM in there that show's supposed to leave MGM soon and I remeber liking a few of the effects used as a little kid)

Now for millionare, (is there seriously a Tomb Raider ride? that would be sad as the game series was dead several sequals ago and all the movies based on the games have sucked) Millionare is in a park that already has too many 3D experiences, try for something that spins things up a bit like an effects show (think Armageddon) Disney could take the lessons learned from the ones built in MGM and combine it with the mechanical stuff from Armageddon in Paris and reimagineer the concept to present a more timeless secnario without a movie tie in, they could actualy take the theme seriously once your inside the building then obliterate the entire room your in then while your walking out you get to see a exibit or something about how special effects are done.

Of course the other choice for Millionare would be another darkride about the size of Superstar Limo that hopefully has a relavent plot to being in the backlot

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

The only thing I suggest is to redo that whole muppets, millionaire, SSL,H&D, and that staging area in front of SSL.... put at least an E ticket ride, theres enough space there to build R&R coaster or a more elaborate dark ride some thing like the great movie ride or a incre. NO MORE restaurants please. and no more stage shows.. Theres already Aladdin and playhouse disney. Animation building needs some ride of somesort or something that would actually keep people in the building besides the AC. ToT is awesome, leave playhouse.. my kids love it. The muppets and any 3D show gets old and can only be seen like 2 -3 times a year.. I like DCA because its empty...sad but true with 3 kids more space is better..but i do wish they make it more appealing for everyone. Its great for tourist becasue msot have never seen it but if you an AP itl loses its appeal real quick. ok thats my .02 cents..
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    Its great for tourist becasue msot have never seen it but if you an AP itl loses its appeal real quick.
    I dunno, first time I'd been to DLR in at least five years, I went to DCA, and the only thing I remember for sure doing was SSL. MAYbe Millionaire, or maybe that was a later visit. But I distinctly remember two things about my first visit. One, considering how much I like movies and most things Hollywood, there just wasn't much to draw me into the area. Having seen Captain EO once a year for years, 3-D movies weren't going to do the trick. I believe that was in the days of Blast. I'm not a big fan of themepark shows anyway, but such a brash and loud one especially turned me off. And Animation had very little appeal to me, since I am more a fan of DisneyLAND than Disney animated films. Let's face it, in my lifetime, I have been subjected to everything from Black Cauldron to Oliver and Company to Tarzan. So, if anything, I'd say HPB had more appeal to a hardcore AP-holding Disney fan than your average local.

Two, even before ToT, I just remember feeling extremely claustrophobic entering HPB. Because it's the only entrance, not only does it get nasty traffic flow, but it's automatically your first impression. I know now from avid peoplewatching that even now, there is a flood of people who walk straight to ToT, ride, and then flood right back out of the land. There just isn't a big linger factor there, not a lot of visual appeal to make you want to wander, explore, and maybe discover an attraction that maybe didn't sound so interesting on the guide map but looks pretty interesting once you're there.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

How About Chinatown?

I think that DCA could be a great park if they took the California theme seriously rather than using it as an excuse to be too cute and too punnie. With that in mind, I would tear the entire area out of DCA, including TOT, which has to be the ugliest attraction ever built at a Disney theme park. The fact that you can see TOT from almost everywhere in DCA makes it even worse.

Here's why: I don't think that filmmaking or Hollywood are especially interesting to most people. The filmmaking process doesn't necessarily convey any of the magic of movies. And Hollywood is a place and an industry known for overindulgence and superficiality. DCA needs a place that has mystery, excitement and especially depth.

In its place, I would build an elaborate Chinatown. If I was really going to dream big, I would make the Chinatown part of a larger Bay Area that would take up the entire east side of DCA, including the Timon lot. Walt wanted to build a Chinatown at Disneyland; there were plans for extensive China-themed attractions at Westcot; EPCOT has a China pavillion (BRING BACK CIRCLEVISION!); and the real San Francisco has the largest Chinatown in the United States! Plus we have a growing Chinese population in Southern California.

When DCA gets at the real depth of California: the missions and ranchos; Indian villages; the gold rush; and more of the Sierra Nevadas/national parks, then people will show up in droves. After all, that's why people like Disneyland so much: because of its immersive textures that are mostly associated with reality.
    Last edited by HuckSawyer; 02-24-2005 at 03:00 PM.

• Directly directed

The great movie ride is a must where who wants to be a millionaire is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland
    The great movie ride is a must where who wants to be a millionaire is.
    Millionare isn't big enough for the Great Movie ride

once again it needs at LEAST the space of the Haunted Mansion

you could put in Great Movie Ride "lite" if you took out Muppets and combined it with Millionare

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Millionare isn't big enough for the Great Movie ride

once again it needs at LEAST the space of the Haunted Mansion

you could put in Great Movie Ride "lite" if you took out Muppets and combined it with Millionare
    Well, I don't see a long-term commitment to the cheap overlay being done to Monsters Inc., especially because of the options that would open up with it torn out. Between Muppets, Millionaire, SSL, Dine, and the stage show area, there exists ample room to create something on the scale of a Great Disney Movie ride (so it's not a flat-out clone), and have plenty of room left over.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Well, I don't see a long-term commitment to the cheap overlay being done to Monsters Inc., especially because of the options that would open up with it torn out. Between Muppets, Millionaire, SSL, Dine, and the stage show area, there exists ample room to create something on the scale of a Great Disney Movie ride (so it's not a flat-out clone), and have plenty of room left over.
    I dunno

and I think we should wait on Monsters Inc before we decide if it's cheep or not

it will have totaly new sets all of the old stuff is being taken it, so it's a bit more then just an overlay

• Minion

I dunno

and I think we should wait on Monsters Inc before we decide if it's cheep or not

it will have totaly new sets all of the old stuff is being taken it, so it's a bit more then just an overlay
    Well, all the sources I know of confirm that this is a VERY low budget overlay, hence cheap. No need to wait.

And it's been my understanding that certain elements of SSL will be heavily recycled. They've given up on the door car idea, so we're basically going to be riding limos through Monstropolis. seeing as how there is a puny budget and NO relation to the land's theme, this screams VERY temporary, and rightly so.

-- Walt Disney

Well, all the sources I know of confirm that this is a VERY low budget overlay, hence cheap. No need to wait.

And it's been my understanding that certain elements of SSL will be heavily recycled. They've given up on the door car idea, so we're basically going to be riding limos through Monstropolis. seeing as how there is a puny budget and NO relation to the land's theme, this screams VERY temporary, and rightly so.
    actualy from what I've heard the vehicals would recieve new fiberglass shells but I'm not sure what they'll be, but they won't be Limo's

the only things I've heard of being recycled are the TV's in the cars and the track layout

• Waiting for the stork

OK this late in the thread these will sound very familiar but.....
    (and just for the record, as you will see, I'm not opposed to some clones because I never get to WDW and want to see this stuff)

-Great Movie ride (updated, new/different movies)
    -I love the idea of a walk of fame (Annette, Haily Milles, Etc.)
    -I love the idea (someone else suggested) of CM's walking around asking guests for their autograph...really cute, I think people would get a kick out of it.
    -I would like to see something like Sci-fi Dine in Theater (it would fit the theme perfectly...though if not an exact clone perhaps, animated clips, or clips from newer Disney movies) though I would rather see the original.
    -more streetmospher walking around interacting with guests,
    -music to be piped in (how about something like horray for hollywood?) that is more 'themed'

So like I said most have been heard before in this thread but that is what I would like to see
    procrastibating

• Minion

actualy from what I've heard the vehicals would recieve new fiberglass shells but I'm not sure what they'll be, but they won't be Limo's

the only things I've heard of being recycled are the TV's in the cars and the track layout
    Right, the shell is just an overlay of the limo -- same technology, same TVs, same track. The ride will be virtually the same, only the show will be changed, and it will be done with a small budget.

-- Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast