Portafino? Has anyone stayed here?

Now that we are a family of 5, I'm looking for hotels we can legally stay after Mickey's Halloween Treat. So I found this one, which looks really awesome!
    http://www.portofinoinnanaheim.com/
    the kids suites look absolutely awesome, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience staying here. The rates are not bad for a suite either!
    Thanks!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Closed Account

Re: Portafino? Has anyone stayed here?

I have stayed there several times, and one was with five people.

The basic set up is a room with a king bed, and another room with bunk beds and a couch bed. I was lucky enough to get to share the king bed, but I heard from people in the other beds that they were OK.

Depending on how close you're used to staying to the resort, you might feel like it's a little bit more of a walk than you want, and the wait for a shuttle can be long.

Bottom line is its probably the best you can to to legally but five people in one room, but if you could afford to get two seperate rooms somewhere else I would do that. I guess I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

• okeydokey

I liked it there. The walk wasn't too bad, but that was without little kiddies. The rooms rooms were nice. They really beat the other ones we've stayed at since then.

I'm going to have to say 3 out of 5 stars also. Maybe 3.5.
    Yay, betrothal!

• Hey it's that guy I am.

My brother stayed there and he said he did not like it at all. He said you can hear a lot stuff going on, like the walls are paper thin. Didn't like it overall.

• no flash photography...

I was going to stay there once, but the front desk and manager were so rude to me on the phone I decided not to.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I've stayed there and the staff were very nice and accomodating and the rooms were nice too!

I'd stay again.

• Nice ears dude. Thanks.

I stayed there last year with my sister, brother-in-law, two nephews, and my other sister. The room we were in had the standard king, bunk beds, and a hide-a-bed couch. My aunt, uncle and four cousins also stayed there. Instead of the hide-a-bed couch they had a twin bed with a roll out underneath it. If possible, I would request one of these rooms over the hide-a-bed. If you are going with kids, I think it will be fine, but the hide-a-bed is the MOST uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. I literally got off the bed in the middle of the night and slept on the floor. The next night I slept in the bunk bed and it was fine. Overall it was nice and I did not think the walk was that far and my younger cousins and nephews did not complain about the walk (though it does seem a little longer at night).

I thought overall it was a decent place for the price, though if possible I would go elsewhere too. I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. My family will probably not stay there again, but if you are looking to save money on your trip, I think it is a decent place.
    Do you see the excellence of this invention?