Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priceline?

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Question Priceline?

Ok.. I tried to use this site tonight to book a room for our short upcoming trip.. but it kept rejecting me... How do I use this site?! Is there something I'm not getting? Any loop holes?

Thanks guys!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Merry 2014!

Re: Priceline?

There is a definate strategy to use with Priceline. www.biddingfortravel.com is a place to learn how to use Priceline to your advantage. The people there are great and they will help you with bidding strategies. I know, who knew it would be so involved. Hope this helps.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Yes, read the guidelines on the site mentioned above.

If you bid for 3 star hotels, there are like 5 or 6 different areas you can add that effectivly give you a free rebid.

Normally you are supposed to add a region or decrease your start level to rebid. But the 'loophole' is if you can add an area that does NOT have any hotels in your star range, you can rebid without effectivly increasing your area or decreasing your star level. Since the new area has no hotels that are in your star range.. you are safe.

Start by reviewing all the areas one by one, you'll see the star rankings grey out when no hotels in that area have that ranking. Note all the ones that do NOT have 3 stars or more (there should be at least 5 I think). Goto biddingfortravel and see what most people are getting for 3 stars in the DL area. You'll see people as cheap as 40 dollars.. but when I did it the other week, most were 45+. Start bidding 3 stars in DL area.. if you get rejected, add one of the areas that did NOT have 3 star hotels and increase your bid slightly. Keep doing so until you run out of areas to add or get accepted

I got $55 for a 3 star for end of June just a few days ago.

• Circle of Ancients

We have used priceline for Disneyland AT LEAST 20-25 times.

Put in the highest stars (I believe it's 3 or 3 1/2). Then put in $50 to $65. Click the button that is "Disneyland Area". You should get the Hyatt, Doubletree, Hilton, etc.

Now, if it comes back rejected, you need to increase your bid $15 to $20 and select another "Star". So go down to 3 stars (or 2 1/2). But with your increase in bid, you will still most likely get the higher level hotel.

If you have any other questions, post away.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We have used priceline for Disneyland AT LEAST 20-25 times.

Put in the highest stars (I believe it's 3 or 3 1/2). Then put in $50 to $65. Click the button that is "Disneyland Area". You should get the Hyatt, Doubletree, Hilton, etc.

Now, if it comes back rejected, you need to increase your bid $15 to $20 and select another "Star". So go down to 3 stars (or 2 1/2). But with your increase in bid, you will still most likely get the higher level hotel.

If you have any other questions, post away.
    Clinks.. I highly suggest you read the linked site... for better ways to increase your bids. Your scenario is what PL wants you to do.. but you can do much better by working the system

I only increased my bids by $5 and didn't have to add lower star levels As long as the anaheim area has so many areas without 3 stars, its very easy to re-bid multiple times.

• Circle of Ancients

^ We have only had to increase our bids 3 or 4 times. Most of the time, 3 stars, Disneyland Area and $50 will work.

Ohhhh! Great info guys!!

I did try last night, but I don't think that I did it very well.. how long until I can try again?

• Pilot EdForceOne

24hrs I think if you can't rebid.

I used $5 increments and just added zones that didn't have 3 stars in them each time to get a free immediate rebid. I got it on my 3rd rebid. $45-$50-$55

Geesh!

We're trying to go from Saturday July 21st and we want to check out on Tuesday the 24th.. and it keeps rejecting my bid! I'm up to $61! Is that abnormal? Should I tru with my husband's credit card and try to get a 2.5 star hotel? We really don't mind where we stay, as long as it's close and it's not a dive. We don't care about breakfasts or starbucks or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Do you think that I'm perhaps bidding too soon? The closer to the date, the better the deals?

• insufferable know-it-all

Miss V: will you have a car? Why not try a hotel near Knott's, like the Embassy Suites?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Yeah, we will have our car!

I don't really know any of the surrounding area.... Where exactly is Knotts?

I could start the bidding over with my Husband's card... try for a 2.5 star hotel in the DL area. As long as I don't get the Ramada Limited.. my Momm stayed there a few years ago and she said it was down right gross.
    Last edited by Missviolet; 05-20-2007 at 09:08 PM.

So, I was talking with my husband today and he made me think.

Maybe it's too early for hotel to accept low bids. Maybe I need to wait until June comes around to try and use Price line?

For you guys that have used it... how far out did you make your reservations? A few weeks? A two or more months?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    I could start the bidding over with my Husband's card... try for a 2.5 star hotel in the DL area. As long as I don't get the Ramada Limited.. my Momm stayed there a few years ago and she said it was down right gross.
    personally I would not go lower than 3 stars. We went 2 1/2 once and we got the crappiest hotel ever. It was pet friendly and smelled like wet dog. One room was heavily stained by pet accidents oe it least it looked that way. The room we stayed in had blood on the pull out mattress. they did replace it, but it took hours. They only had one person running the entire hotel. When people asked for help with their bags she just told them to use the bell carts themselves.

Our room had a kitchen in it and crumbs were everywhere. the last persons trash was shoved in the cupboard. I don't even think the room was cleaned. It was really bad. Priceline did not care. We tried to explain the type of hotel they put us in and they didn't care at all. they sent us a $10.00 coupon...great. We never used it.

sorry for the rambling, but I would not go below 3 stars.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast